IGNORED

John Eustace

Ziderarmy

18 minutes ago, Ian M said:

If Eustace gets the job, please can someone give him the heads up to praise our Glorious Leader for his generosity in every interview if he has any hope of seeing out his contract. Doesn’t need to mean it, just utter the damn words.

and praise the stadium and the HPC. Yawn

Good choice imo.. young, hungry manager who will want to prove a point given how he left Birmingham. NP has built a great foundation for the new manager to build on,  I still think the sacking was very unfair and a shame how things turned out, but this appointment would definitely soften the blow a little. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Just bloody own your decisions - say Pearson was hard to work with, he didn't do things the way the club wanted, he wouldn't accept a lack of control, whatever it was. Stop this naval gazing bollocks with your stupid corporate hat on and explain ffs.

Don’t raise your hopes too much - just what sort of reception do you think  JL would get if he has the balls to go on to the pitch before next game? He’d get shouted and jeered at by thousands of people, and no doubt a few would try to get on the pitch to give him some advice and ask for the keys to ‘their club’ back. 

You might get some explanation on social media but it whatever happens most fans won’t be trusting them again for a long time.

Demanding - and expecting - them to walk away is ridiculous. It’s a multi million pound business which has already been for sale for a while and we’ve seen or heard of little interest so sadly we will have to continue with the Lansdowns ownership for a while yet.
I’d be surprised (but delighted) if any of the new infrastructure such as the new Sporting Wuarter development progresses any further than it already has.  

While waiting to see if this is true and knowing little about JE I had a little look around.

First thing I stumbled across was ironic…..Birmingham City have released a lengthy statement to their supporters explaining their decisions for sacking manager John Eustace.

He will celebrate his 44th birthday on 3 November.

As a central midfielder he played for Coventry City , Dundee United, Middlesborough, Stoke City, Hereford, Watford and Derby County.

After two-year managerial reign at Kidderminster Harriers (including two play-off campaigns) https://youtu.be/3jt5LzxLzQQ?si=odStzlbajAZ_xeAy he moved to QPR where he was Steve McClaren’s assistant. The currently empty managers seat at Loftus Road has fueled speculation he might be heading back there.

He left QPR when Beale took over, at the time QPR CEO Lee Hoos said: “John has been the ultimate professional from the moment he joined us four years ago. He has a fantastic attitude and is an incredibly hard-working individual.”

He succeeded Lee Bowyer as head coach of  Birmingham City in July 2022. His first managerial role in the football league, he signed a three-year contract.

On 9 October 2023, he was sacked with the club citing the importance of the board of directors and management being fully aligned on the culture of the football club as the reason behind the decision. An impressive start to the season had seen the club sitting in sixth position with eighteen points from eleven matches.

Some have pointed out that Eustace overachieved with Blues in the previous campaign, recoding their best Championship finish since 2016 although they had been tipped for relegation, but he kept them up with relative ease, and built a decent team despite so many off-field issues. He certainly started this season well and worked with many young players at Brum.

2 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

anyway good luck John you will need it as head coach of our club.

There is no doubt whatever has happened you start with a clean slate and 99pc of our fans will be behind you.

Unlike the disdain most feel for the owner.

Will we? 

I'll be behind the football team. He'd need to win me around on his own merits and not look to take credit for the work Nige has done here. 

IF it is Eustace, in my mind there is always going to be the suspicion that he was part of the process that saw Nige kicked out of the door.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Flames 1

59 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

I knew nothing about Eustace before, apart from the fact that his Birmingham team totally outplayed us twice and looked like a really well drilled unit.

If you bother to read up on the bloke you may find some information which could make you think that he perhaps isn't that bad an appointment.

Until he falls to get three points one day, and then you'll start on him too.

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

Not knocking eustace as what was available he would of been my pick , however it just goes to show Nige went because of a personality clash not poor results because no way would you in our position sack an established experienced manager for pretty much an untried rookie ( again not knocking eustace really hope he does well ) 

One thing with eustace he'll be wary of how f*****g fickle boards are . Its difficult to get a grip of exactly what's happening here to be fair.  As far as I'm concerned **** bristol sport we were here before you and I'm sure we will be here after you as well .

Edited by Lennieb

5 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

You are Lansdownes 🐍 snake. Sussed out by the regulars on here.

And you are quite bitter and angry in so many of your posts.

If you find this so incredibly upsetting I just find it odd that you have managed  just 235 posts on OTIB since you joined 13 years ago in 2012 and most of your posts being in the non football forum.

Just in case you missed it- Nigel Pearson hasn't been the only contentious issue since 2012 .

I mean ... how about O Driscoll or McInnes or even Holden and my goodness you missed a belter with Lee Johnson whilst the amazing and brilliant Steve Cotterill was worth 235 posts alone.

Sorry- but it's all a bit weird from you..... IMO of course. 

2 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

While waiting to see if this is true and knowing little about JE I had a little look around.

First thing I stumbled across was ironic…..Birmingham City have released a lengthy statement to their supporters explaining their decisions for sacking manager John Eustace.

He will celebrate his 44th birthday on 3 November.

As a central midfielder he played for Coventry City , Dundee United, Middlesborough, Stoke City, Hereford, Watford and Derby County.

After two-year managerial reign at Kidderminster Harriers (including two play-off campaigns) https://youtu.be/3jt5LzxLzQQ?si=odStzlbajAZ_xeAy he moved to QPR where he was Steve McClaren’s assistant. The currently empty managers seat at Loftus Road has fueled speculation he might be heading back there.

He left QPR when Beale took over, at the time QPR CEO Lee Hoos said: “John has been the ultimate professional from the moment he joined us four years ago. He has a fantastic attitude and is an incredibly hard-working individual.”

He succeeded Lee Bowyer as head coach of  Birmingham City in July 2022. His first managerial role in the football league, he signed a three-year contract.

On 9 October 2023, he was sacked with the club citing the importance of the board of directors and management being fully aligned on the culture of the football club as the reason behind the decision. An impressive start to the season had seen the club sitting in sixth position with eighteen points from eleven matches.

Some have pointed out that Eustace overachieved with Blues in the previous campaign, recoding their best Championship finish since 2016 although they had been tipped for relegation, but he kept them up with relative ease, and built a decent team despite so many off-field issues. He certainly started this season well and worked with many young players at Brum.

The only reason he was sacked by brum was because he didn’t fit there agenda of a showbiz hi profile manager , simple as that 

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Still completely baffled by the half a dozen or so posters who have joined OTIB in the last two days & are suddenly complete experts on us & the rest of the Championship.

Am I the only one?

A appear to struggle with spelling and punctuation. Now, if anyone has looked through old Brian’s Twitter, they’ll realise…

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

And you are quite bitter and angry in so many of your posts.

If you find this so incredibly upsetting I just find it odd that you have managed  just 235 posts on OTIB since you joined 13 years ago in 2012 and most of your posts being in the non football forum.

Just in case you missed it- Nigel Pearson hasn't been the only contentious issue since 2012 .

I mean ... how about O Driscoll or McInnes or even Holden and my goodness you missed a belter with Lee Johnson whilst the amazing and brilliant Steve Cotterill was worth 235 posts alone.

Sorry- but it's all a bit weird from you..... IMO of course. 

You really are so so odd the way you always go through the history of posters to make your arguments.  It’s just weird. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, INCRED said:

It would be ironic for Eustace to come in now and reap the benefits of players coming back from injury and getting us in the top 6 and the playoffs at the end of the season 

If he doesn’t then I fear the Lansdowns and BT will be getting pelters 😄

And deservedly so. I so hope the crowd on Saturday steps up to the mark. We WANT Lansdown OUT. All ******* game.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 2
  • Flames 2