IGNORED

John Eustace

Ziderarmy

Just now, Glen hump said:

It really doesn’t, the bookies are just saving themselves, they might of had the nod somthings close 

The betting isn't even suspended, he's also been readily available at 1/2 with Betvictor for the last hour or so. Nobody has been trying to bet him at 1/2 as he would've been cut in price.

9 minutes ago, Jacki said:

Was chatting to a Blues fan earlier who knows his stuff and he absolutely loved Eustace, said we should be delighted if we get him. I’m far from convinced, and would have Nige over him every day of the week, but it sounds like we could have done worse based on what my mate said. 

Yes just asked two Blues season ticket holders & one said” popular at Blues and unlucky to be sacked. Too cautious for a lot of people as that could be due to squad we had.  I’d give him 7/10.

The other said “ he will be brilliant, united a club at its lowest point, very personable & will be great for you” 

38 minutes ago, RobinTuga said:

Any of the names that were mentioned felt like a downgrade if we're being honest, I don't think we would've come out thrilled with whoever it was (and I say that even though I was quite keen on Williams myself).

Well, let's hope Eustace's good start with Brum this year means he's figured something out and can bring that here.

He should at least bring with him a desire to prove a point (ie his surprising sacking at Brum)

If true, he'll have my support as this clearly isn't his fault, but it would appear to highlight another lie from the club based on what JL said this morning in that car crash of a video unless the initial shortlist was drawn up, revised after this new strategy was announced in light of the role that the new man needed to fill, and because "the news was just out there" so extra time was allowed to also considered the new names JL alluded could be added to the shortlist, due diligence undertaken on all candidates (it's a shortlist for sure, but still a list which is undeniably more than one name) interviews conducted, board meeting, job offered, selected candidate considered the offer and made the necessary arrangements to allow him to start before formally accepting etc. in around 48hrs.  Staggering work indeed.

We've all been getting it wrong!  This is the most efficient, professional, streamlined set-up in the entire football league, perhaps the whole of Europe.  Makes me proud.

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Can you expand on why?  (other than it not being Rowett, Jones, or LJ!)

His teams like to press and are very drilled with clear style of play, we haven’t had that in years in my view, quite progressive and to be successful in this league in 2023 you need identity which I struggled to see under Pearson. He is a coach unlike Pearson as well turned down champ jobs 2021 so been on the radar of teams for a while.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Winterstoke toad said:

Ok that’s fair enough . Sorry but I really fail to see the attraction of sacking a highly experienced manager who wasn’t given funds to replace him with Someone pretty much unknown and set up to fail.

He isn’t unknown you may not know him but he has been on championship radar for years but has captain/leader and manager - he has picked and chosen his jobs because he is highly rated enough to be able to. Teams play solid good well drilled football.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

7 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

It’s a typical appointment for the club. Easy. Absolutely uninspiring. Dean Smith would have been a good fit. Getting rid of Nige for a nobody. 

Disagree. This bloke's hungry. To Smith, we'd be just another job and not as attractive as some he's already had.

One is motivated to do well. The other not so much, I'd suggest, given the jobs he's had before.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, bh_red said:

Downgrade

Puppet

From many  of the comments on here over the last 48 Hrs you would think the club were replacing Sir Alex Ferguson  let's get real it wasn't a catastrophe under Nigel Pearson but it was far from great mediocre would best describe the last almost 3 years.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 2

8 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Yes just asked two Blues season ticket holders & one said” popular at Blues and unlucky to be sacked. Too cautious for a lot of people as that could be due to squad we had.  I’d give him 7/10.

The other said “ he will be brilliant, united a club at its lowest point, very personable & will be great for you” 

Too cautious? But aren’t we looking for a coach who’s on the front foot? That’s what our esteemed technical director stated. 

If this is true, surely the board has based this on one performance at Ashton Gate this season. 

He spent £7.5m in the summer too, so I wonder how much of the nest egg he will get.

He’s only got 70 games under his belt in professional management, meaning he’s still a novice.

I’ll give him a chance but Nige was undoubtedly the best man for the job right now and Tinnion and the Lansdowns still need to go. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

Just now, tin said:

If this is true, surely the board has based this on one performance at Ashton Gate this season. 

He spent £7.5m in the summer too, so I wonder how much of the nest egg he will get.

He’s only got 70 games under his belt in professional management, meaning he’s still a novice.

I’ll give him a chance but Nige was undoubtedly the best man for the job right now and Tinnion and the Lansdowns still need to go. 

Don’t think Pearson was the best man imo I think he flattered to deceive on the pitch and we didn’t threaten enough at home. A lot of people are very pro Pearson on her and I understand that I just think he was a tad overrated on the pitch. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 4

Just now, tin said:

If it wasn't for the fact we played him twice last season I would wager they hadn't even heard of him until August just gone

10 minutes ago, Kimpton said:

His teams like to press and are very drilled with clear style of play, we haven’t had that in years in my view, quite progressive and to be successful in this league in 2023 you need identity which I struggled to see under Pearson. He is a coach unlike Pearson as well turned down champ jobs 2021 so been on the radar of teams for a while.

"You struggled to see under Pearson"?

******* idiot!!

• Like 6
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, Kimpton said:

Don’t think Pearson was the best man imo I think he flattered to deceive on the pitch and we didn’t threaten enough at home. A lot of people are very pro Pearson on her and I understand that I just think he was a tad overrated on the pitch. 

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Still completely baffled by the half a dozen or so posters who have joined OTIB in the last two days & are suddenly complete experts on us & the rest of the Championship.

Am I the only one?

Nope

• Thanks 1