IGNORED

John Eustace

Ziderarmy

12 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Best of a bad bunch I suppose. But, a downgrade on Pearson, so an utterly pointless change.

Any of the names that were mentioned felt like a downgrade if we're being honest, I don't think we would've come out thrilled with whoever it was (and I say that even though I was quite keen on Williams myself).

Well, let's hope Eustace's good start with Brum this year means he's figured something out and can bring that here.

Edited by RobinTuga

If this is true?    What a let down.    A club like ours should be casting its net widely all over Europe to find a young progressive tracksuit coach, like a Farke or Frank type (Yes i know that is a cliche).....but that is exactly what this club needs?   Instead we take the easy option off of the merry go round of sacked managers.....no ambition no foresight?   If we were intending to get rid of NP, why didn't we spend a few months looking at possible replacements, vetting them, researching them, and talking to candidates?    Instead it's a case of who's out of job, and is gonna be grateful to be employed, and lets make sure he is a YES man who won't upset anyone?    It is all so very tedious IMO.

• Like 18

8 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

So it would seem that Nige's replacement was lined up before he was pushed out.

To be honest I think I probably prefer that to the previous six week worldwide search before finding someone already in the building. If you decide to sack someone, you should be ready to act. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, One Team said:

I am sure they have done this now to deflect from protests on Saturday.

Doesn't change anything for me, totally uninspiring. 

Edited by RedReg
Duplicated

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

If this is true?    What a let down.    A club like ours should be casting its net widely all over Europe to find a young progressive tracksuit coach, like a Farke or Frank type (Yes i know that is a cliche).....but that is exactly what this club needs?   Instead we take the easy option off of the merry go round of sacked managers.....no ambition no foresight?   If we were intending to get rid of NP, why didn't we spend a few months looking at possible replacements, vetting them, researching them, and talking to candidates?    Instead it's a case of who's out of job, and is gonna be grateful to be employed, and lets make sure he is a YES man who won't upset anyone?    It is all so very tedious IMO.

Last time we did this, we ended up with hapless Holden!

• Like 1

I think this is a fairly progressive appointment and probably my favoured one based on the shortlist. This is based on him not being exposed (in horse racing terms), brum fans response to his sacking and the way they played at the gate in august.

I also stuck £20 on him at 8/1 so want him appointed for selfish reasons! ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Quite the run of results to be worth chucking away a legend of a man

Screenshot_20231031_190556_Chrome.thumb.jpg.49ecbf772a2021c8e09ee7e7ffefb6be.jpg 

So, a run of results that would have got Nigel sacked then. I assume we are going to be consistent in our decision making and sack him if we do not make the top 6.

Good luck to him but I hope he understands the kind of people he will be working for and is prepared to be undermined at any time.

6 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I got the impression from what's gone on that we (so sorry, 'they') just want someone who will follow Tins instructions without question. He'll be the one taking flack for BT's proxy management. None of his original ideas will be coming with him. They'll be the product of the man with the umbrella at Swansea.

Spot on, the originak wally with the brolly is running the show. Mad old world we live in. 

We can say all we want about him being the face for BTs football but I think now that nige is gone he’s the best on offer.

Wouldn't of wanted to see the reaction had it been rowett or jones.

No reason to not get behind him and the players come Saturday, and I hope he does become the man to take us up. Won’t forget the job nige has done but don’t see any point in tarring the start of someone else’s appointment when it’s all done now. 

If it is him, good luck Eustace and COYR I say. 

( In saying that, still very much Lansdown Out)

Edited by George Rs

Those remembering his team beating us earlier this season may be forget that was the game a few of our players forgot how to pass a ball more than 3 yards.

Plus from the few I’ve spoken to, the Birmingham fans seem more angry at who he was dumped for more than just him being dumped