IGNORED

John Eustace

Ziderarmy

7 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Will we? 

I'll be behind the football team. He'd need to win me around on his own merits and not look to take credit for the work Nige has done here. 

IF it is Eustace, in my mind there is always going to be the suspicion that he was part of the process that saw Nige kicked out of the door.

You think? why would he do that and in what way was he to partly be blamed for Nige's sacking?

Would you think that for any appointment?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bristol red said:

True.. treated like shit by the brummie BCFC only to be treated same or worse but us!

So Bristol City treat their Managers same or worse  than Birmingham??????

Over the same period we have employed Johnson, Holden and Nige.

Johnson being the longest serving in the championship at the time of sacking, Nige the second longest so I guess Deano may have a reason to feel aggrieved.

Just take a look at the patience/support  of Birmingham City:

Gianfranco Zola Italian 14 December 2016 17 April 2017 24 2 8 14 8.3    
Harry Redknapp English 18 April 2017 16 September 2017[53] 13 4 1 8 30.8    
Lee Carsley  Irish 16 September 2017[53] 1 October 2017 3 1 1 1 33.3   [n]
Steve Cotterill English 2 October 2017 3 March 2018[55] 27 7 5 15 25.9   [n]
Garry Monk English 5 March 2018 18 June 2019 59 19 20 20 32.2    
Pep Clotet Spanish 20 June 2019 8 July 2020 47 13 15 19 27.7   [f]
  • English
  • English
9 July 2020 30 July 2020 4 0 1 3 0.0    
Aitor Karanka Spanish 31 July 2020 16 March 2021 38 8 11 19 21.1    
Lee Bowyer P English 16 March 2021 2 July 2022 59 17 16 26 28.8    
John Eustace English 3 July 2022 9 October 2023[91] 63 21 16 26 33.3    
Wayne Rooney
  • Like 1

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Harry said:

There is a fair amount of chat about Eustace and the job he did at Brum in “difficult” circumstances. 

Here’s some context. He spent more than Pearson has. 

Last season, supposedly under some sort of embargo, he was able to sign 2 youngsters from Prem clubs for around £2m, 2 experienced prem players on frees and then add a further 6 prem loans - and they don’t come cheap! 

This summer, he’s been allowed to spend around £5m or so on 4 players from Prem clubs plus signings from Germany and Belgium. He also added Bielek from Derby on a free and then further supplemented with 4 more loans (again, they don’t come cheap). 

So, he’s spent more than Nige was given over the last 2 summers and also made 11 loan signings (we are apparently against these!) and also a couple of good pickups from Europe (again we don’t like to do this any more). 

So, given that we don’t have any budget, and if we did, we don’t tend to sign loans, don’t tend to dip into the European market and also don’t tend to look at Prem youngsters since our Chelsea experiences of a few season past, I wonder what his remit is going to be? 

In summary, Eustace finished below us last season and was only a couple of points better off this season, having spent more money and relied on a shed full of loanees. 

Whilst we are saying we are recruiting to a certain style, and the boss must fit this, his 15 months in management seem to suggest he’ll be after something completely different to what we’re saying we’ll give him. 

Harry, have you not watched Tins' interview? Recruitment isn't necessary when whenever you need a player, there will be someone in the Academy who has been playing "our way" for 3 years already. It's genius and definitely not gonna fail.

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

34 minutes ago, CityBS15 said:

I joined here in 2004 and I’d be very happy with a John Eustace appointment, best of the available bunch for me. Got a bit sick of Pearsons’ hoof ball towards the end.  Cheers.

19 years...and that's your contribution?   Looking forward to your in depth review of our attempt to sneak into the playoffs come the 2042-43 season?

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Harry, have you not watched Tins' interview? Recruitment isn't necessary when whenever you need a player, there will be someone in the Academy who has been playing "our way" for 3 years already. It's genius and definitely not gonna fail.

Cant wait to see this 25to 30 goal striker 😄wheres is he Tins ?

Edited by Cityboy1954

I have been a city fan since early 1970’s and this is by far the worst time to be a supporter. Got a fantasist owner, nowhere to be heard, his son as chairboy who hasn’t an effing clue about anything in the real world let alone anything football and then a clown who used to hit a few nice balls with his left foot that is now the DOF or whatever name he wants to call himself! Got rid of the best manager we could possibly hope to get us to the premiership. It’s all an absolute joke.

• Like 6
  • Flames 2

9 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Yes- it's weird how I make facts get in the way of a suspect narrative.

You're next Len- it's halloween after all . Trick or treat?

A forum is based upon opinions.   Opinions can change - especially over 13 years!

Youve done it to me a few times and plenty of others already, hence my comment but continue to go through my history all you like of that’s how you get your kicks! Your last sentence says it all. Weird….. 

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

Yeah Birmingham have made a loss of £24-25m last year. Terrible owners yes but their wage bill didn't come down that much at all.

Plus all the PL loanees that @Harry rightly mentioned, it's via HKSE. 

I think the finishing 17th thing wasn't wildly outstanding or anything. I did read a stay they gave academy products more gametime than anyone but that sounds questionable.

15 minutes ago, Harry said:

There is a fair amount of chat about Eustace and the job he did at Brum in “difficult” circumstances. 

Last season, supposedly under some sort of embargo, he was able to sign 2 youngsters from Prem clubs for around £2m, 2 experienced prem players on frees and then add a further 6 prem loans - and they don’t come cheap! 

This summer, he’s been allowed to spend around £5m or so on 4 players from Prem clubs plus signings from Germany and Belgium. He also added Bielek from Derby on a free and then further supplemented with 4 more loans (again, they don’t come cheap). 

So, he’s spent more than Nige was given over the last 2 summers and also made 11 loan signings (we are apparently against these!) and also a couple of good pickups from Europe (again we don’t like to do this any more). 

So, given that we don’t have any budget, and if we did, we don’t tend to sign loans, don’t tend to dip into the European market and also don’t tend to look at Prem youngsters since our Chelsea experiences of a few season past, I wonder what his remit is going to be? 

In summary, Eustace finished below us last season and was only a couple of points better off this season, having spent more money and relied on a shed full of loanees. 

Whilst we are saying we are recruiting to a certain style, and the boss must fit this, his 15 months in management seem to suggest he’ll be after something completely different to what we’re saying we’ll give him. 

Interesting. He certainly will have to work with different ‘tools’ here if what Tinnion is saying is actually to be believed and that is our concrete plan going forward.

3 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Just looking at the EFL trophy scores and most of the prem U21 teams (Spurs, Man City and Man Utd tonight) are getting beaten by league one and two teams on the regular. So when (if) we play a team consisting of mainly u21s against championships teams what result should we expect? Tinnion and JL need to wake up.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Harry said:

Seems to me whoever comes in will just be there to coach the team, and then be the fall guy for any failures. Sounds like Tinnion is calling all the shots. Manager in all but name, but far enough away to dodge the bullets. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, bristol red said:

I have been a city fan since early 1970’s and this is by far the worst time to be a supporter. Got a fantasist owner, nowhere to be heard, his son as chairboy who hasn’t an effing clue about anything in the real world let alone anything football and then a clown who used to hit a few nice balls with his left foot that is now the DOF or whatever name he wants to call himself! Got rid of the best manager we could possibly hope to get us to the premiership. It’s all an absolute joke.

80-82 much worse than this ......

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, bristol red said:

If coming here happy to work restrained under JL and BT unrealistic expectations to succeed then fair play to him… joke of a club

Bristol Red:

Members

Posted November 2, 2021

Given up on a result but any chance if a shot on target? Embarrassing

Blimey- you also clearly thought it was a joke of a club when we played Birmingham in 2021 when Nigel was not quite so popular with you!

P.s @lenred did you see what I did there?!!

I know very little of Eustace, but long term does it even matter what coach we end up with? Eustace, Ancelotti, Guardiola?

They’d all have to work under the Lansdowns, meaning they’d get backed for a bit, get worse for a bit, and just when you thought they couldn’t possibly balls it all up again…..catastrofu*k

SL should be knighted for his ability to snatch disaster from the jaws of progress.

I just can’t see any way that City will sustainably progress over the next however many seasons with them at the helm. Got 20 years of proof to back that, and a catalogue of repeated basic errors of chronic mis-management. 

Not felt so dis-interested in it all for as long as I can remember 

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

Just now, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Bristol Red:

Members

Posted November 2, 2021

Given up on a result but any chance if a shot on target? Embarrassing

Blimey- you also clearly thought it was a joke of a club when we played Birmingham in 2021 when Nigel was not quite so popular with you!

P.s @lenred did you see what I did there?!!

Ive literally no idea!  But I’m sure you’ll elaborate 😂

• Like 1