IGNORED

Investment

bristol red

2 minutes ago, bristol red said:

Can anybody clarify what investment SL is looking for? Is it in Bristol Sport or BCFC? Is he looking to sell the whole BS project or just the football? All a bit confusing?

Not really. It has been covered a zillion times on here. 

• Haha 1

I guess that will include the sporting quarter if it goes ahead? Bit of a strange one… not gonna get a whole out sale on that.. too much uncertainty and will never run as a profitable or breakeven business. Uncertain times ahead. Realistically need to get BCFC into the premiership to stand a chance of a sale and based on recent decisions got no chance whatsoever.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ian M said:

All of BS for £200m.

Whilst also currently available - Premier League (for now) Sheffield United 220m or Championship (for now) Sheffield Wednesday 170m (and likely several others of a similar stature) - without the money sponges of rugby, basketball and everything else. I don't know the ins and outs of those clubs (I suspect both need infrastructure investment) but whilst the BS stuff was meant to set us apart it now looks very much like it has inflated the asking price and made selling/outside investment much more difficult.

• Like 1

I’m afraid that SL seems to want to recover a large percentage of the money he’s invested. Unfortunately things aren’t like that. No matter how much I spend on my house, if I decide to sell, the amount I get will be the market value of the house and no more. The market valuation of loss making Bristol Sport can’t be want SL is asking. (Assuming the figures quoted are accurate and, less be honest, nobody really knows for sure) 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, bristol red said:

£200m running at say £30m year loss… seems a good investment NOT. Unless they invest a whole lot more and get the football club competitive in the top half premiership 

The Lansdowns I believe are well shy of investing a whole lot more to make that vital step up, forgetting it seems that a whole lot more £`s that would be coming in from tv, bigger gates home and away and the fact that we could do a Brighton and actually stay there for a few seasons; they it seems will do/say anything to stay just here.

Edited by mason
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

18 minutes ago, mason said:

The Lansdowns I believe are well shy of investing a whole lot more to make that vital step up, forgetting it seems that a whole lot more £`s that would be coming in from tv, bigger gates home and away and the fact that we could do a Brighton and actually stay there for a few seasons; they it seems will do/say anything to stay just here.

FFP plays a part too, it does limit expenditure in certain areas but less so in others.

5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

FFP plays a part too, it does limit expenditure in certain areas but less so in others.

Genuine question - if restructured so BCFC owned all the physical assets (Ashton Gate, training ground, etc), could they 'charge' a high rent to all the other clubs for use them? Could it be a loophole if you wanted to put money into the football club? Not saying I would want us to take that risk etc, but could we do that and count that as revenue?

4 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

Hey presto! (courtesy of DaveFevs / Eiled Ajax)

IMG_8176.thumb.png.ed2dc6b5e9ab99bab9ca552b3b67eead.png

@ExiledAjax created this…he might have an update.

There's nothing to update other than some director changes - obviously Phil Alexander is no longer on the board of BCFC Limited, and BCFC Women Limited has had a few changes as well.

But the corporate structure is still as it is here.