IGNORED

Frank Lampard

BCFC1512

Just now, Top Robin said:

His high level contacts may outweigh his average managerial ability

Ah the Joey Barton argument.

Top clubs give loan players to teams who pay them the most fees. And it’s not a market we’re shopping in allegedly so is moot.

If that’s what we’re hanging our hats on with Lampard then it just shows what a nonsense appointment it would be.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Guernsey wanted Stevie G not so long ago, I'm sure he'd be happy with Frank - it's the same thing but with an 'O' Level!

And Guernsey likes golf and Frank plays golf - it's a done deal!

Yes, I've had a look and in fairness to @robinforlife2 Frankie Lampards plays golf. Interesting  .....

20 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Top clubs give loan players to teams who pay them the most fees. And it’s not a market we’re shopping in allegedly so is moot.

If that’s what we’re hanging our hats on with Lampard then it just shows what a nonsense appointment it would be.

Not a fan of the concept, nor would I want Lampard but given that modern football can be quite nepotistic and contact based you can't rule it out entirely.

Favours can be done too for favoured managers or clubs.

Reading not that it did them much good, Rahman, Drinkwater and Casadei very cheaply, no loan fee, restricted on wages etc.

Dai Yonnge is friendly with Kia Joobrachian who also was good terms with Marina Grankovskaia.

Embargoed, FFP sanctioned Reading shouldn't be anywhere near loanees such as those.

Cooper at Swansea a range of those he had managed at England U19 was it albeit Parachute bolstered.

It's dubious but it can get a club ahead. Especially if a more favourable rate due to connections.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 hours ago, robinforlife2 said:

As I said on Monday on another thread, Lampard wants the job and has made contact. I spoke to my mate again this morning and he has said that Frank will be interviewed, and he is very keen to come here. After the chat I had with my mate this am, who is very good friends with Frank, I would be very very surprised if he is not our next manager. 

utter garbage...stop spouting bollox ...u know nothing 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Whilst, for various reasons, I wouldn't be averse or even disappointed were Frank Lampard to be appointed, I do question whether he would be 'allowed' to bring in the loans he appeared to have used to develop Derby in to what was, to be fair, a very attractive team.

I am sceptical as to whether FL, with no loans and only a very limited transfer kitty in January, would be able to progress us as much as we need. 

3 hours ago, robinforlife2 said:

As I said on Monday on another thread, Lampard wants the job and has made contact. I spoke to my mate again this morning and he has said that Frank will be interviewed, and he is very keen to come here. After the chat I had with my mate this am, who is very good friends with Frank, I would be very very surprised if he is not our next manager. 

Please. 

If any of this is even half true.

Please ask your mate to confiscate Lampard's phone and car keys. 

We cannot become "Frank Lampard's Bristol City". I can't do that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Lampard might be a refreshing change as we would actually get some media attention for once. In a field of Joe average candidates it’s hard to get excited about any of them unless our wonderful owners pull an unexpected rabbit out of the hat.

But wasn’t Pearson high profile enough ? 

• Like 2