IGNORED

Frank Lampard

BCFC1512

I think the criticism of Lampard is harsh, let’s remember who we are - we ain’t getting a manager who’s the complete package - they wouldn’t come here, same as players.

Lampard did well at Derby, they certainly didn’t want him to leave. A lot of posters have mentioned he only did well because he had Mount on loan. How’s he getting on at Utd by the way? Maybe Lampards man management gets the best out of players?

Not every manager has success everywhere, not every player does either - this happens at worlds class level too.

He did well at Chelsea too, they were under a transfer embargo and a lot of his team weren’t what I’d call Chelsea quality (Abraham, Chalobah etc) - he secured a champions league finish.

According to the coaches voice he fits the required bill regarding style of play:

Both at Derby and Chelsea Lampards full-backs overlapped, a double pivot provided cover at the base of midfield, and their attacking players largely stayed central. Each of the above elements have been prominent throughout Lampard’s coaching career

Lampard likes his full-backs to overlap, his wide forwards to come inside and a double pivot to act as protection his defence. Even when he experimented with a back three at Chelsea – with mixed success – these were consistent themes.

Lampard liked his possession-based football to be accompanied by an intense press. In the Premier League in 2019/20 – Lampard’s only full season as Chelsea manager – only Liverpool and Manchester City made more regains in the attacking half than Chelsea. In Lampard’s final season at Derby – 2018/19 – his team ranked sixth in the Championship's for regains in the attacking half.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

The reality is that Franks next job is either going to be in the Championship or abroad. That's his level now. 

He wouldn't get a Leicester or Leeds sort of job so a club like ours is his sort of level now. 

As a person I think Frank is alright. I've watched a lot of the stuff on YouTube about him in the past. He seems to have the right ideas etc and his style seems to fit what we are looking for.

Bar the injury issues the squad is ready to go so he wouldn't have any of the problems he had at Chelsea and Everton.

If he can get it right here then it would look good on his CV that he got a team promoted thats never been in the prem.

But make no mistake about it, it would be a risk for both parties...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Negan said:

Tbf to him, that chelsea side which won the champions league was all his. Tuchel did well to win it of course but think he’d of got them that trophy as well. He’s a pretty decent coach, just never deserved a job as big as Chelsea that soon, we all know why he got it. The Everton job would make anyone look average, manager graevyard ever since Moyes left. This is the sort of job he needs now. Security of a solid championship team who he can build with. Certainly puts us in the limelight more for players and coverage too. 

Agree let's be honest we are unfortunately a decent championship side only, with again a decent chance of taking off. Good strong fan base and currently a decent top 10 squad injuries aside.Bristol is one of the best places to be in uk outside of London if I was Frank lampard I would be thinking I need to do something soon to prove I can cut it as a manager and somewhere like bristol city is a perfect opportunity, He would bring a lot of interest to our club and I think I would enjoy the ride as long as it lasted. We don't really expect to be in the prem soon and I don't think he would get us relegated so why not.i think he is a tracksuit manager and that might make a difference nige wasn't. That's not knocking nige just making a change.I think he is a decent shout.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, red colin said:

Agree let's be honest we are unfortunately a decent championship side only, with again a decent chance of taking off. Good strong fan base and currently a decent top 10 squad injuries aside.Bristol is one of the best places to be in uk outside of London if I was Frank lampard I would be thinking I need to do something soon to prove I can cut it as a manager and somewhere like bristol city is a perfect opportunity, He would bring a lot of interest to our club and I think I would enjoy the ride as long as it lasted. We don't really expect to be in the prem soon and I don't think he would get us relegated so why not.i think he is a tracksuit manager and that might make a difference nige wasn't. That's not knocking nige just making a change.I think he is a decent shout.

With the size of Bristol we could potentially be a club that could challange for Europe. 

We'd sell out Ashton Gate every week in the prem. Getting 35k+ a week if capacity allowed wouldn't be out of the question. 

Steve Lansdown is only likely to get his money back IF we get to the Premier league. It seems he's getting pretty desperate about that now. Maybe old age, who knows. 

The reality is that Steve is getting no younger. If he were to pass anytime soon then what happens with us is of huge concern. 

You can see why for both parties that there could be a mutual interest. Frank could turn his career around with us and we would get high profile exposure which could attract interest. 

At the moment we are very much known as Bristol who? 

11 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I cannot believe there are people who genuinely think this is happening

5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

With the size of Bristol we could potentially be a club that could challange for Europe. 

We'd sell out Ashton Gate every week in the prem. Getting 35k+ a week if capacity allowed wouldn't be out of the question. 

Steve Lansdown is only likely to get his money back IF we get to the Premier league. It seems he's getting pretty desperate about that now. Maybe old age, who knows. 

The reality is that Steve is getting no younger. If he were to pass anytime soon then what happens with us is of huge concern. 

You can see why for both parties that there could be a mutual interest. Frank could turn his career around with us and we would get high profile exposure which could attract interest. 

At the moment we are very much known as Bristol who? 

I rest my case m'lud

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Mrdc said:

And almost bankrupted them in the process.

Well there was a lot of blame to go around there. Mel Morris mainly, Stephen Pearce.

Lampard and maybe Rooney and Bielik under Cocu in summer 2019, were a final roll of the dice. Death or glory.

Their wage bill I believe peaked under Rowett though..£46m on a £30m turnover!? 😮😱

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

42 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

This is just not happening, it’ll be between Manning, Mousinho and Williams

An interesting suggestion.

I don't think I've seen his name mentioned on here before.

Relatively inexperienced (as a manager), but he is certainly doing well at Portsmouth.

42 minutes ago, mozo said:

There hasn't been a single link to Lampard so we don't need to debate it too thoroughly!

Apparently not Williams. 

Any particular reason for saying that?

2 minutes ago, Wokingham Red said:

Where has this even come from? I don’t believe for a second this is true 😂

There are a couple of very dodgy links on social media.

https://twitter.com/RossArnottITV/status/1719851381002047640?s=19

Just now, PHILINFRANCE said:

Any particular reason for saying that?

Pretty sure our resident in the knowers ruled it out.

I got sucked in and put £10 on when he was 7/1, half an hour later he was 2/1 😂 whilst I think it would be good for publicity and putting city in the limelight a bit more with him being associated with the club, not sure he would be the right appointment footballing wise. He did very well at Derby but their squad was very strong and expected to finish top 6. Not sure how well he’d do without being able to spend. That being said if he does get the job I’m £80 richer so every cloud 😂

Edited by TommyD68

3 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Lampard has one play off final with a bucket load of failure. 

Gets Steve’s vote!

Championship playoff final, 4th in the prem with Chelsea, an FA Cup final and nominated for Premier League manager of the year……… so much failure 😂

Our fans crack me up. 

Everton are a basket case and the 2nd time at Chelsea was a few month interim position 😂

Edited by Ghost Rider
  • Like 5