IGNORED

Frank Lampard

BCFC1512

13 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

This seems like it’s going to slip under the OTIB radar with how lively all the threads are!

So you’re confident we’re making an announcement Monday then?!

If that’s the case it has to be a coach out of a job. As if we’d approached someone at a club that club would of announced we’ve given “whoever” permission to speak with BCFC 

13 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

This seems like it’s going to slip under the OTIB radar with how lively all the threads are!

So you’re confident we’re making an announcement Monday then?!

If it’s Monday then it’s surprising we’ve had no word from any journos . All weve had is fan social media rumours and media just rehashing the betting markets.

could mean it’s someone from abroad if it’s that imminent and still no one’s any wiser 🤷🏼‍♂️

Manning sounded like he wasn’t close to leaving on the radio tonight.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Superjack said:

Reasonable assessment. 

I certainly don't consider myself that, Although if people want to call me it (or something similar), that's up to them. I just appreciate what NP has done, was doing, and the disgusting way at a time of poor health that he has been treated.

I am angry, and I will no longer support those that have done it, or had a hand in it.

It's not even just about NP. It's how they have behaved for years.

I want them gone.

And a reasoned response, thanks.

I don’t share the anger, even if there’s lots about the decision that puzzles me, and lots about the way the club’s being run right now that frustrates me. But I have been angry about things in the past, and you make a good case for why you’re angry.

I suppose that after years of frustration (more pre-Lansdown than since to be honest) I’ve come to the conclusion that the the best approach is the theory (it’s probably got a name!) that it’s more productive to focus on the things you can control, or that you can influence. Rather than on the things you have no control or influence over. And that getting angry over things you’ve got no control over rarely delivers anything but more frustration!

I understand that you and I and everyone on here all support the club. And I understand the argument for the long term future of the club being better served by another owner. But whether or when that happens is entirely outside our control and getting angry about it won’t change that. Whereas, in the meantime, what we can influence/control is the support we give to the new manager, whoever it is, and to the players, whichever regime they’re associated with, 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Superjack said:

Reasonable assessment. 

I certainly don't consider myself that, Although if people want to call me it (or something similar), that's up to them. I just appreciate what NP has done, was doing, and the disgusting way at a time of poor health that he has been treated.

I am angry, and I will no longer support those that have done it, or had a hand in it.

It's not even just about NP. It's how they have behaved for years.

I want them gone.

Easy , stump up the asking price Steve wants and the clubs yours , 

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Curious why we should meet out of courtesy? 

There's loads of Managers look for work, we hardly have time to sit down and talk to them all 

Not long now... 

Two reasons. One, he's managed at the top level so I think deserves us to hear him out at least. Two, he's likely to manage at our level in future so worth being on good terms in case we're ever involved in a potential transfer with a club he's at.

5 minutes ago, Harry R said:

Two reasons. One, he's managed at the top level so I think deserves us to hear him out at least. Two, he's likely to manage at our level in future so worth being on good terms in case we're ever involved in a potential transfer with a club he's at.

Yeah let's give Frank an "audience with" just so we don't offend him.

Ffs

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yeah let's give Frank an "audience with" just so we don't offend him.

Ffs

Pretty normal recruitment practice to interview a credible candidate who has done a job at the same and higher levels before even if you think you're unlikely to hire them. They might have interesting ideas, might surprise you, you might encounter them again in future. I don't even want us to hire Lampard, just surprised if we've declined to interview him.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Harry R said:

Pretty normal recruitment practice to interview a credible candidate who has done a job at the same and higher levels before even if you think you're unlikely to hire them. They might have interesting ideas, might surprise you, you might encounter them again in future. I don't even want us to hire Lampard, just surprised if we've declined to interview him.

Is it? Even if you know you're not going to appoint him? That sounds like a waste of everyone's time. 

The whole rumour is BS and hopefully this thread will disappear soon enough. 

• Flames 1

22 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I haven’t read much of this thread but how the hell is it still going strong?

I must say the rumours on Lampard have surprisingly spread like wildfire, the chap sat next to me reckons he’s been here all week!

If only people had easy access to a camera nowadays……..

Is he a northern comedian?

• Haha 4

Ok enjoyed the game today. Felt the team showed up well if making it a more difficult job than it should of been.

Ok whilst waiting for my bus home, which allows good time for after game chat whilst waiting for a bus to arrive, several fans seemed convinced Frank Lampard was in attendance today.

Just saying what I was told. So was he or not ?

1 minute ago, George Rs said:

From what the admins and Mr Riot have said, it’s a German/German league manager who’s most likely currently out of work if there hasn’t been any news about it that will be announced at some point on Monday. 

How far off am I? 

In a job. By coincidence I was with Koln and Dortmund fans today who had flown over for the game. They loved Bristol and our cyder and IPAs. Got a bit of info on the guy we're interested in.

I should say I still think we'll make a domestic appt.

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

In a job. By coincidence I was with Koln and Dortmund fans today who had flown over for the game. They loved Bristol and our cyder and IPAs. Got a bit of info on the guy we're interested in.

Digression, had a Willem II fan in our section today.  First time to AG, but had been to Cov last season.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Monday though?! Still sounds like we are miles away from actually appointing anyone! 

2 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Hurzeler, Rapp, Leitl … 

Tbf Fabian Hurzeler is probably one of the most exciting young managers in Europe right now, top of 2.bundesliga, undefeated this season, 67 points from his first 29 games. Sounds like an intelligent choice, so I can’t see JL appointing him.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Masonic?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Only two days ago you said it was someone who had previously worked for City. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Tbf Fabian Hurzeler is probably one of the most exciting young managers in Europe right now, top of 2.bundesliga, undefeated this season, 67 points from his first 29 games. Sounds like an intelligent choice, so I can’t see JL appointing him.

Nice George! Think that's the first time I've seen a poster reply to their own post.