IGNORED

Frank Lampard

BCFC1512

28 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

In a job. By coincidence I was with Koln and Dortmund fans today who had flown over for the game. They loved Bristol and our cyder and IPAs. Got a bit of info on the guy we're interested in.

I should say I still think we'll make a domestic appt.

We are going to be massively underwhelmed arnt we?

5 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Only two days ago you said it was someone who had previously worked for City. 

He didn’t say that person was the one getting the job. He said that person had applied. There are a few names that will have been considered. The ex-City person is one that 100% applied. 
I think we’ve been mulling over 2 options. One being Manning, the other being this German. 

5 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

He knows **** all 

I’d politely disagree. 
I think Kid is much more informed than you think. Certainly, he hasn’t fallen for the Lampard ruse……. 

• Like 4

Just now, ZiderEyed said:

Whats with all the blueballing @Kid in the Riot/@Harry ? Share with the class.

Nothing to hide boss. 
I think it’s either Manning or the German. I don’t know who the German is (kid does but he won’t even tell me, he’s very good at keeping his sources protected). 
There was an ex city player who applied but I don’t think he came into of consideration. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Harry said:

Nothing to hide boss. 
I think it’s either Manning or the German. I don’t know who the German is (kid does but he won’t even tell me, he’s very good at keeping his sources protected). 
There was an ex city player who applied but I don’t think he came into of consideration. 

WTF does blueballing mean??

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Nothing to hide boss. 

Manning said he’s heard nothing about the job or from the club after the game v Maidenhead today. Not doubting your knowledge but why would he say that? Trying to keep things under wraps or…

Just now, George Rs said:

Manning said he’s heard nothing about the job or from the club after the game v Maidenhead today. Not doubting your knowledge but why would he say that? Trying to keep things under wraps or…

Have you ever heard a manager in a post-match press conference say “yes, I’m talking to another club”? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Don't google it fellas

Ok got it. 
I don’t think it’ll replace the New Jersey Italian mafiosi phrase “quit bustin’ my balls”. But if I hear Joe Pesci say “quit blueballing me” in the next Scorcese masterpiece then I’m down wid it. 

Edited by Harry
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I’m amazed how few people know what blueballing/blue balls are. Thought it was a common phrase honestly!

Got to caveat it with the age differential on OTIB, some of these poor saps are popping corks if they manage to switch the PC on in the morning

• Haha 2

On 03/11/2023 at 21:30, Taunton_BCFC said:

Latest from me…

talks went well with agent. Frank himself met with the club today! 

I can’t say if Frank will get the job or not (not my decision) but he has definitely had talks…

George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

18 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Been told FL and his agent were between AG and HPC throughout yesterday so the twitter spot rumours add up. Keep on eye on the Lansdown stand today people ;)

george costanza wink GIF

• Flames 1

10 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

I’ll cut you a deal. If we end up with less points than last season, I’ll change my username to “TheLansdownApologist”.

If we end up with more points, you have to change yours to “I’mdownwithJonLansdown”

Deal? 

I realise that this has nothing to do with me but surely if there was any ‘deal’ to be brokered between you two it should be based on whether we get promoted this season or not… that’s JL’ s fanciful objective for this term isn’t it? Last seasons points tally seem irrelevant..

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Swede said:

Strap yourselves in, there's another 5 weeks of constructive and meaningful discussions to be had before appointing Curtis Fleming or Cisse ( whichever is the cheaper option & whoever rocks the boat the least)

I thought Curtis interviewed well after the game yesterday. I would rather he got the job than, say, Nathan Jones for example. 

• Like 6