Nige

megansdad

59 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

From GOV.UK

Dismissing staff 

Dismissals due to illness 

Considering dismissing an employee

Dismissal is a last resort....

I repeat... DISMISSAL IS A LAST RESORT....

Dismisal is a last resort and you should consider as many ways as possible to help your employee including:

* Getting a medical report from their GP with the employees permission.

* Arranging a occupational health assessment.

* Make any reasonable adjustments to help them do their jobs.

I repeat ANY REASONABLE ADJUSTMENTS.

Now, who on here thinks ANY of the above were carried out?

The complete pillocks that now run our football club have, IMHO,  left themselves open to a strong case for illegal dismisal. It's also a terrible example for the club to set isn't it?

Has his contract not been paid up? 

2 hours ago, headhunter said:

Don't know about illegal but callous and lacking any form of compassion come to mind in describing the behaviour towards him by the Lansdowns

I am not "in the know "and there is much negativity aimed towards the board because of the timing and the health issues but I can't believe that this was of their choosing. 

I think it all points to NP telling them where to stick it and him walking out.   

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 2

18 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

It's people who have posted more than 24 times.....

When's pay day?

So I’ve been going down Ashton Gate since I was 7, just over 20 years ago. But because I’ve only posted 25 times now and been signed up for a year or so, I have no credibility or value in opinion compared to you guys.

What a friendly bunch.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

6 out of a possible 18 points, 15th in the table, squad decimated and the managers refusal to utilise the loan and free agent market hampering us
Relationship between manager and owner not great. 

Manager not the type the owners want moving forward (want a head coach who is more hands on)

It really isn’t that mind boggling a decision. He’s done his job, thanks and move on.

To hold that as a point against Nige considering the penny pinching that's gone on is outstanding.

They should have backed him after the Scott sale. We've covered the issue with loans before.

As for free agents - would take a month to get up to speed at least by which time it's almost Jan anyway. Waste of time and money. It didn't work out with Klose, not Williams, Bates, McManus, Mariappa and countless others before.

It's poor planning and negligent strategic decision making. End of story.

Same as 'moving him on' without a replacement lined up. Brum had a plan (a shite one, but a plan nonetheless) - here it's just endless bluster and no physical evidence.

• Like 6

6 out of a possible 18 points, 15th in the table, squad decimated and the managers refusal to utilise the loan and free agent market hampering us. 

Manager not the type the owners want moving forward (want a head coach who is more hands on)

It really isn’t that mind boggling a decision. He’s done his job, thanks and move on.

You won’t get anywhere on this forum at the moment with opinions like that but I know supporters who have pretty similar views to you. They don’t come on here. They’re not social media posters. And they probably wouldn’t want the emoji barrage anyway. 

i wouldn’t have sacked him, but the case for the defence is not water tight (as you set out). 

6 out of a possible 18 points, 15th in the table, squad decimated and the managers refusal to utilise the loan and free agent market hampering us. 

Oh no, my manager won’t spend millions on a player for 10 months who may help us move from 12th to 8th, whatever will we do. 

It really isn’t that mind boggling a decision, if you have actually listened or read his very detailed explanations as to why we hadn’t utilised loans (after he tried exploring about 3 players to bring in on loan). 

I for one are delighted that LJ brought in loans like Benkovic, Diony, Kent, Periera, and utilised free agents like Marinvoic and Rodri. They really kicked us on in terms of league position and were in no ways a waste of cash. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

You won’t get anywhere on this forum at the moment with opinions like that but I know supporters who have pretty similar views to you. They don’t come on here. They’re not social media posters. And they probably wouldn’t want the emoji barrage anyway. 

i wouldn’t have sacked him, but the case for the defence is not water tight (as you set out). 

Thanks mate, I’m not saying I’m right but that’s my opinion and I think they didn’t trust him to spend money. 
I don’t feel he did enough on the pitch to warrant another contract. 
Being well liked isn’t a trait in a manager for me. 

5 hours ago, sunningdalered said:

Like a few others, I did wonder whether the club was taking the flack over removing NP to distract the focus from his ill-health, having come to a mutual acceptance with NP that he wasn't able to continue in the role for health reasons. It seems from the likes of the CF pre-match interview that I was seriously wrong in thinking the owners were anywhere near as noble as that!

I don’t see there would be any reason for this. It’s not exactly something to be ashamed of and everyone knew he was not well. He simply would have said, “I can no longer fulfil my role”. In fact he even said in a post match interview on RB, he was ok to carry on. 

So doesn’t make sense for the club to somehow sacrifice itself?

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

It’s not very different to Alex Ferguson’s style of management.  He wasn’t out on the training ground.  Nige’s structure had him in a more observational role anyway because he empowered his coaches.

Yeah and the boss doesn’t need to be out on the shop floor. 
We all know the amount of technology strapped to players in training and he gets feedback. 
 Just because he’s not outside, it looks like there’s windows onto the training areas at the HPC. 

1 hour ago, UncleRed said:

So I’ve been going down Ashton Gate since I was 7, just over 20 years ago. But because I’ve only posted 25 times now and been signed up for a year or so, I have no credibility or value in opinion compared to you guys.

What a friendly bunch.

DW about it. You’ve as much right to an opinion as anyone else 👍

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Why not read what I wrote and what I was responding to, then you might be received better on this forum.

How I am received on this forum has nothing to do what you wrote and what you responded to.

How I am received is because I’m actually looking at the positives of our situation and looking forward at the future. Not looking backwards at the past and wishing Pearson wasn’t sacked.

We got an opportunity to potentially hire an exciting young manager. Who may play attacking and exciting football, which hasn’t been seen down Ashton gate in at least a few years. With a chance of some financial backing.

Pearson kept us up whilst spending a minimal amount of money. But majority of people on here think he did a job that only he could of done.

Anyway I could go on and on about the way people interact on here, but I’ll probably be wasting my time. If only I shared the same opinions and thoughts as the cult on here.

Edited by UncleRed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, UncleRed said:

How I am received on this forum has nothing to do what you wrote and what you responded to.

How I am received is because I’m actually looking at the positives of our situation and looking forward at the future. Not looking backwards at the past and wishing Pearson wasn’t sacked.

We got an opportunity to potentially hire an exciting young manager. Who may play attacking and exciting football, which hasn’t been seen down Ashton gate in at least a few years. With a chance of some financial backing.

Pearson kept us up whilst spending a minimal amount of money. But majority of people on here think he did a job that only he could of done.

Anyway I could go on and on about the way people interact on here, but I’ll probably be wasting my time. If only I shared the same opinions and thoughts as the cult on here.

Words like "cult" are why you get the reaction you do.

At this point I suspect it's all very deliberate.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Oh no, my manager won’t spend millions on a player for 10 months who may help us move from 12th to 8th, whatever will we do. 

It really isn’t that mind boggling a decision, if you have actually listened or read his very detailed explanations as to why we hadn’t utilised loans (after he tried exploring about 3 players to bring in on loan). 

I for one are delighted that LJ brought in loans like Benkovic, Diony, Kent, Periera, and utilised free agents like Marinvoic and Rodri. They really kicked us on in terms of league position and were in no ways a waste of cash. 

Tammy Abraham and Tomas Kalas weren’t too shabby though.

Everything on here’s painted in black and white at the moment. The reality is usually a shade of grey. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, UncleRed said:

Spend some money.

Why should that have not gone to NP?

Surely he more than earned the chance to be the one to do so.

Conversely, should the new manager get a bigger budget? I'd say no, only to rise in line with revenue increases. That maybe the summer with TV money, maybe it should be January 2025.

The new manager should be a clear upgrade on NP, or it is literally a pointless and perhaps counterproductive change.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Everything on here’s painted in black and white at the moment. The reality is usually a shade of grey. 

They weren’t, two of the northern stars….. but it just kicks the can down the road for me. We then had to spend £5.5m on a replacement striker for Tammy after leaving, and leaving a huge hole up top, and to re-sign Kalas to fill the hole that he left cost us £9m.

What would have been the point in us signing Jake O’Brien on loan, where Pearson explains it would’ve been costing around £300k loan fee, and an additional £5k a week on top of paying his full weekly wages too? Because over the last 2 seasons, thats the sorts of areas and deals we’d be looking at.

We can’t be cutting our cloth, trimming the wage bill massively, and then out laying fees for 6 month/12 month loans that are more expensive than a lot of our permanent signings that we can a) spread the cost of over a 3 year contract and b) make a profit on from selling them thereafter!

Edited by petehinton

4 minutes ago, italian dave said:

At £8m (our record fee) & on around £25k a week I would certainly hope that Kalas wasn’t “too shabby”.

The reality sure is grey but I believe for every Josh Brownhill (probably LJ’s best VFM signing) there were sadly at least 2 Marley Watkins & Hakeeb Adelakun’s. That’s before you get to £3.5m for Kasey Palmer & a rumoured £20k a week & there are loads of others.

Pearson’s “worst” signing was possibly Simpson, a one year deal, low wage one who he binned off early. Kane Wilson cost a rumoured £200k, he clearly didn’t rate him, but again he didn’t hang around for years, as happened under LJ.

I do try to be balanced but some on here are suggesting Pearson had no part in slashing the wage bill, which is ridiculous.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Spend some money.

Why should that have not gone to NP?

Surely he more than earned the chance to be the one to do so.

Conversely, should the new manager get a bigger budget? I'd say no, only to rise in line with revenue increases. That maybe the summer with TV money, maybe it should be January 2025.

The new manager should be a clear upgrade on NP, or it is literally a pointless and perhaps counterproductive change.

Who gets backed financially and who doesn’t is down to SL. It’s his money and he seems like he wants to make sure he got the right man before he injects his money again. I just get behind who ever is in charge.

I’m not against Pearson and what he done here at City, he knew the uppers had to sort out the financial situation whilst he done his best on the pitch with close to nothing.

I feel like SL will only spend again once he got a manager that proves deserves it and he likes. Which may not even be this summer, could be next.

I’m sure he wants to get promoted, as do JL after listening to his interview. But whether we like or think a manager is the right person doesn’t matter. We just have to support whoever gets the job and the players on the pitch.

14 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

.I do try to be balanced but some on here are suggesting Pearson had no part in slashing the wage bill, which is ridiculous.

Praising him for getting the results needed to stay up, with a restricted squad and what not whilst the costs were being cut I understand which I’ve mentioned before.

But come on, whoever was getting the job knew what had to be done. It wasn’t like it was his idea to avoid a points deduction or whatever the penalty would be.

And I can’t imagine him with a calculator and Microsoft excel doing the math. Especially if he’s barely in the building to take the training.

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, UncleRed said:

Looking at the positives and look forward to the future!! Well let's see how that plays out with Lansdown continuing at the helm. But of course he doesn't need to spend money on players because according to the Lansdowns our squad is good enough. 

5 minutes ago, UncleRed said:

Praising him for getting the results needed to stay up, with a restricted squad and what not whilst the costs were being cut I understand which I’ve mentioned before.

But come on, whoever was getting the job knew what had to be done. It wasn’t like it was his idea to avoid a points deduction or whatever the penalty would be.

And I can’t imagine him with a calculator and Microsoft excel doing the math. Especially if he’s barely in the building to take the training.

Him and Gould, team effort. Was a hard 18 month slog.

The question is why did we then stick with austerity and sack the manager who helped to oversee a very tricky period, working with hand tied behind his back.

Then potentially hand his hard work and some of a nest egg to a successor.

43 minutes ago, UncleRed said:

Although to be fair even JL said it was better than before he came. As much as some managers may have done a good job I think its plain to see that Pearson had an influence on the players that another manager might have struggled with. 
getting players motivated to play is a skill and NP certainly had it. 

• Like 1