IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday at home match thread

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Enjoyed the game, City played well imo. and not sure why some are saying it was rubbish - it really wasn't. I liked the crisp passing and the patient build ups, no hopeless long balls. 

Bell should have got the second with no doubt about it - it was a pathetic miss, would have made the game a lot easier and put us under a bit of pressure late on.

Well pleased with the performance and the 3 points.

Crisp passing 😂

Just now, frenchred said:

You watched different to me then, holding on against 10 man bottom of the league!

Your ******* deluded

Devoid of confidence that squad. They looked freer albeit up against 10 men. Mehmeti looked confident. Conway looked better. Now they can maybe move on without a negative style of football

1 minute ago, Glen hump said:

Give it a rest, trying to get a reaction off people is a bit sad 

Got you to comment. Not here for a rise just good debate 🤝

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, johnheadbcfc said:

But its the style of football all season, win is need but you will lose more than win when that's the level you play at 

We have 21 points, it's not a bad points total to do something. Players coming back, a new young coach playing exciting attacking football ...dare I say Pearson's idea of exciting football was at odds with many previous clubs. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, RedM said:

Do you even go to matches? 

I do and it hasn't happened up until the Coventry match- I think that was the first time. Even Fevs agreed it was mildly amusing when there were calls on here to sing his name throughout an entire match just before his dismissal.

Throughout his tenure- on the pitch  there wasn't an awful lot to sing about. I remember you getting some grief when you voiced your displeasure at how the team played. What Nigel and others did was great but it was mainly the stuff behind the scenes which just didnt always translate to wins or attractive football. Like today.

• Like 2

The teams weren't even as some have suggested, Wednesday were a nasty, cynical, shitty league one team, set out to spoil, foul and waste time. The ref got it wrong, often.

We weren't great, there is stuff clearly to do (a lot), but we set out to play and we deserved to win.

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Devoid of confidence that squad. They looked freer albeit up against 10 men. Mehmeti looked confident. Conway looked better. Now they can maybe move on without a negative style of football

Got you to comment. Not here for a rise just good debate 🤝

******* brilliant we’re going to turn into Man City 

• Like 1

For me that was the best win this season, not quality wise but it is a great foundation to build on for Lamps or whoever, some 18 points clear of bottom 3 and four? off 6th...Leeds Ipswich and Leicester will suck up loads of points so play offs a real possibility...Sorry if this comes over as not at all OTIB, not.

Edited by cotswoldred2
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Supersonic Robin said:

This is surely a wind up.

Absolutely nothing wrong with you not being convinced that Pearson was the man to get us into the top 6, but some of these statements are just ridiculous.

My point is it can produce better football than we have seen. Flashes today against a bad side. It was refreshing to see players have the confidence to overlap, create overloads and take people on. Didn’t constantly pump balls down the channel hoping for long throws. 

3 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

******* brilliant we’re going to turn into Man City 

Wtf you on about? We might turn into something worth watching. About as loud as AG has been at times today. Partly because manager shake up. Partly because we actually tried to play some football

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
Just now, JoeAman08 said:

My point is it can produce better football than we have seen. Flashes today against a bad side. It was refreshing to see players have the confidence to overlap, create overloads and take people on. Didn’t constantly pump balls down the channel hoping for long throws. 

Wtf you on about? We might turn into something worth watching. About as loud as AG has been at times today. Partly because manager shake up. Partly because we actually tried to play some football

Your either a wum or deluded, I’d go for a bit of both.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Hocca said:

We really need to learn how to break lines when attacking and not just passing around teams side to side hoping a chance will present itself.

We are short on a creative midfielder clearly but it’s 3 points and that was most important today. 

We were fortunate that the best passer of a football on the pitch, got sent off.  I have my doubts we would have won otherwise.  The new manager has a lot of work to do, but  I am so glad we got 3 points

6 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

This is surely a wind up.

Absolutely nothing wrong with you not being convinced that Pearson was the man to get us into the top 6, but some of these statements are just ridiculous.

Ridiculous statements abound on here...talk about drama Queens, Nigel as said played a blinder, he has been doing it all his career, did a great job here, but we need to move on.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

There were overloads but think a lot of that was having 11 vs 10 and them being terrible. Moved the ball too slowly as well. But showed plenty of effort and fight and tried to avoid sitting back. Thought pros and cons of NP era were pretty much all there today. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Saw today we have some quality if used correctly. This isn’t the lower half of the table side NP made it look. So excited for the future

If we had more quality Bell could have been put through FOUR times. If you aren’t just ball watching things like that amplify where we lack quality. Playing 10 yard passes in front of the opposition isn’t quality.