Tuesday 26 December Birmingham City v Stoke City 17.15
Tuesday 26 December  Ipswich Town v Leicester City 19:45
Friday 29 December Southampton v Plymouth Argyle 18.00
Friday 29 December West Bromwich Albion v Leeds United 20.15
Monday 1 January Sunderland v Preston North End 12.30
Monday 1 January Derby County v Peterborough United 15.00
Monday 1 January Sheffield Wednesday v Hull City 17.15

Dec 26th - 12.30pm - PNE v Leeds.

Interesting to see how many viewers as that will clash with Boxing Day lunch.I for one will be tucking and not tuning in!. 

Will also be of interest to see how many less attend that game than would have been expected. I went to Deepdale to support City Boxing Day 1972 and quite a few space around the ground that day.

It isn't just about who gets most games.

During the matches, you get to feel how the commentators have prepared for the game. There is an agenda, a sense of talking up the big teams, ingratiating themselves into their fans psyche.

This is why I get passionate about City and, although not a fan of them in any way, I got so much satisfaction about a club such as Leicester winning the PL.

I get huge fun from listening to a commentator talk up a top team through going say, 2 goals up, only to back down when they go on to lose 3-2 to an 'unfashionable' side.

It is just an extended version of loving the underdog I guess.

Sky are quite bad at this I think. The FA cup games have a refreshing feel because they are often about the underdog and the giant kill.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Or guaranteed high viewing figures 

Is there anyway of knowing the viewing figures?

I always get the impression SKY have to fill the schedules with something while waiting for the big games to really produce the stuff advertisers are interested in.

2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

They do not like us, do they !

To be fair the last time they had us on they got a game with all the quality of a Conference National game with the exception of the total 45 seconds or so it took Conway to score his 2 goals and the Rotherham goal so for 100 is minutes of football they got maybe a minute of entertainment. 

12 minutes ago, Spud21 said:

To be fair the last time they had us on they got a game with all the quality of a Conference National game with the exception of the total 45 seconds or so it took Conway to score his 2 goals and the Rotherham goal so for 100 is minutes of football they got maybe a minute of entertainment. 

Don't think it's anything to do with quality or entertainment value, just bums on settees !

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Dec 26th - 12.30pm - PNE v Leeds.

Interesting to see how many viewers as that will clash with Boxing Day lunch.I for one will be tucking and not tuning in!. 

Will also be of interest to see how many less attend that game than would have been expected. I went to Deepdale to support City Boxing Day 1972 and quite a few space around the ground that day.

Don't think you did, not on Boxing Day anyhow, it was 23rd ,Two days before Xmas. I know because we were stuck in a train coming home rammed full of Jocks going to see relatives, also at New Street, some poor chap ,laidened with presents collapsed and died in the concourse........will .never forget that ! 😗 

1 minute ago, TV Tom said:

Am I missing something ? There seems to be about a dozen teams not picked on that list

9 ,I think out of 12 games .

14 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Is there a graph or easy to find bit of data anywhere with total games by Championship club on TV this season?

Just had a quick look and for  22/23  we were shown 4 times , Sunderland and Blackburn 19 times . Shows we are aver popular ;)

I can only find this site I use to see what live games are coming up
 https://www.live-footballontv.com/live-championship-football-on-tv.html 

Up to the end of December, not including Red Button games Leeds will beat us 5-0 , Sun'land 4-0 

Can't find the full list of games shown so far. 

13 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

We have to be shown at least 4 times at home, not including red button.

Therefore expect us to be on a fair bit in the New Year, as we haven't been on once yet.

We will be in the top 6 by then so perfect timing.🙂

Kind of wonder if Sky camera crews or kit are based in the north somewhere, making production cheaper.