IGNORED

James Krause - new signing

And Its Smith

27 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Not needed to touch the nest egg, 4 out and 3 back in, probable on lower salaries, although I expect unless I have missed it we will appoint a fitness / medical guy.

Presumably those who departed receive some kind of payoff plus compensation if required for Manning, his assistant and the analyst.

Might be a medium to long term saving for a short term hit. Certainly we now lack a dedicated CEO!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

Welcome, but do I really need to know that we've signed an analyst and what his name is. Will he help us win football matches? When I think of some of the most successful managers in british footballing history, such as Stein, Shankley, Busby, Ferguson or Wenger, I have to admit to not knowing who their analysts were or if indeed they had one. I have to applaud modern football for it's job creation programme. 

12 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Welcome, but do I really need to know that we've signed an analyst and what his name is. Will he help us win football matches? When I think of some of the most successful managers in british footballing history, such as Stein, Shankley, Busby, Ferguson or Wenger, I have to admit to not knowing who their analysts were or if indeed they had one. I have to applaud modern football for it's job creation programme. 

The game has come on so much since then. Ridiculous argument. 

Of course an analyst will help us win football games. The key word is in the name. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Yep. Putting nets on the goal was the beginning of the end.

21 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Doesn't take long for the moaners to appear in every thread.

12 minutes ago, Selred said:

The game has come on so much since then. Ridiculous argument. 

Of course an analyst will help us win football games. The key word is in the name. 

I'm not so sure I was making an argument more than asking a question. I'm happy that we analyse our own performance and style but too much emphasis can be given to the opponents. I don't want us using so many metrics that we constantly set up to stop them, that was LJs failed method, we need to have clarity in our own play which is not rigid and fluid enough to react to in game situations. As for the game having moved on we hear this all the time, but really it's just quicker. At the end of the day the only way you win football matches is by scoring more goals than the opposition. 

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

It’s far more technical and tactical. It’s not fifa. 

I'd agree it ain't fifa, you have to deal with real people with real egos, and issues, but neither is it chess or rocket science. I know some clever dicks like to think it's the ultimate strategy game but it isn't. Off the pitch it's about maintaining fitness levels and man management. On the pitch it's primarily about running, focus and some skill. The end goal remains the same as always, score more than them.