IGNORED

County Cricket 2024 Season

phantom

15 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

No, just superb batting, at least from Glos (couldn't say about your lot ).

Glos break their previous first class record of 696 and passed 700 runs for the first time ever.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

49 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Make that 3, Middleton showing some fine legbreak skills.

4 down for 130. An enormous target just to avoid the follow-on but need to get the opener Patel out. With him gone, much less chance of Leicestershire getting anywhere close.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

4 down for 130. An enormous target just to avoid the follow-on but need to get the opener Patel out. With him gone, much less chance of Leicestershire getting anywhere close.

Or Patel just could run out of team mates. Leics now 5 down and still over 550 behind.

23 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Feast your eyes @slartibartfast Glos fans don't get many better days than this.

Screenshot_2024-05-18-18-40-31-93_6cae51a54e107e8e62c21f59af9b60c8.thumb.jpg.fd205592e05f3fda63e3690e90641104.jpg

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Good day at Taunton. Kent 108-5 with Leach taking two wickets. Kent will do well to avoid the follow on - 446 behind.

Yep superb stuff. Should be looking at another win if weather holds up. Good to see Leach back.

On 18/05/2024 at 16:46, slartibartfast said:

Got one already !

8 down, still 350 behind, the only question is whether the bowlers will be too tired to enforce a follow on, it's been a long old hot day in the field.

3 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Kent digging in for a draw now. We need get a breakthrough soon although the weather`s looking good for tomorrow albeit with a risk of thunderstorms.

Looking more like it now. 😏

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

8 down, still 350 behind, the only question is whether the bowlers will be too tired to enforce a follow on, it's been a long old hot day in the field.

24-0 close, all to do tomorrow. My question would be........if you don't enforce the FO being 300 plus ahead, when would you ?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

24-0 close, all to do tomorrow. My question would be........if you don't enforce the FO being 300 plus ahead, when would you ?

I know, I was just wondering about the condition of the players but they have had an overnight rest now so let's hope for some fireworks today. Let's get rid of Rishi ( I'll keep politics out of this forum by avoiding the obvious gag) :)

• Haha 1