IGNORED

County Cricket 2024 Season

phantom

• Admin
6 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

So, I think I can forget any wild thoughts about Somerset being on top of the table this evening.

On another subject, I see that Essex prepared another awful pitch at Trent Bridge.

4 batting and 3 bowling points was pretty decent, I guess it was asking too much for a win in three days

15 points isn't a bad start

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Have to feel sorry for the Leicestershire bowlers at the moment, can’t be too many things more soul destroying in sport than having to bowl to Harry Brook in a dead game just playing for bonus points.

He got his ton then they declared bizarrely. 

Kookaburra experiment needs to end, teams shouldn’t be this bat dominant in early April (bar whatever is happening at Gloucester) you can tell players don’t like how bad the ball is 

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

Kookaburra experiment needs to end, teams shouldn’t be this bat dominant in early April (bar whatever is happening at Gloucester) you can tell players don’t like how bad the ball is 

😂 we’re back! 

• Admin
39 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Even by Somerset’s standards this collapse against a Kookaburra ball on this pitch is stunning.

I hate to admit this, but what difference does using this ball make?

With a couple overs to go a very Somerset type of day at the Oval.

I really like the look of this years batting line up, even better when Abell returns. But even with all those capable batters in the team I’m still always waiting for a collapse followed by a bit of a tail wag.

Plus whenever we get the opposition in late in the day we never seem to profit from that awkward pre close session. Hoping Bash takes a hat trick now to prove me wrong.