IGNORED

Unpopular City Strikers

Oh Louie louie

14 hours ago, GrahamC said:

100%.

What was the surprising thing about Taylor was he was the exact opposite of what we all thought we were getting.

His finishing actually wasn’t that great at all (there was a miss at Derby in a 3-3 draw that was one of the worst ever) but his general play was very good.

As you say that pass to Korey was worth his transfer fee on its own but it wasn’t an isolated thing, he also had good movement & was a total wind up merchant with opposition defenders, his goal scoring record though, just 7 league goals for us (1 of those was a penalty) in 67 appearances, 23 as starts was pretty poor.

True, though work rate and movement were good.

I used to watch that warm up and shooting practice with the net towards the corner flag.
Over several games he missed regularly, then seemed to give up and not take part. 

Decent player, worth the punt and scored (and assisted) some good goals. I think he just wasn't good enough as an out and out striker in the Championship.

Worth the money for the photo below and the absolute melt down from the that lot. 😂

Screenshot2023-11-24at12_59_36.png.df8fd3b7f86810ac12dd7dc8499d844c.png

• Like 3

On 22/11/2023 at 01:38, fgrsimon said:

He was pretty much the same as Junior Bent and played around the same time I think? Plenty of effort, skill (and pace in Bent's case) but it all fell apart when either had a shot at goal. People behind the goal taking cover when either were lining up a shot!

Junior Bent - could either run or kick a ball, but sadly never at the same time 😊

The most dreadful strikers for me were Bas Savage and Lois Diony. Where Scott McGarbage was concerned, yes he did score a few, but a number of them were already going in when he burst in to get the final touch before it went over the line and then celebrated like he’d done all the hard work. That’s what we noticed in the East End anyway.

On 23/11/2023 at 19:54, Midlands Robin said:

Have we spoken about Ian Baird yet?

His last act as a City player was to leave the field giving a two fingured salute in a pre season friendly following our relegation from the 1st Division. (Championship)

The led to my favourite One Team in Bristol Cover. "Yes Ian, we know which division we're in but whose fault is it?"

Yep, the day he waved goodbye to the Atyeo and out of AG

Absolute garbage player 

• Like 1

On 23/11/2023 at 12:31, Riaz said:

Liam Robinson. Phil Jevons and JET

JET would create many goals for sam baldock - who was over-rated and missed loads. and wouldnt get any stick- but JET would

I knew Baldock would come up. Absolutely no idea why people were so lukewarm on him. Scored some goals in a crap side that got relegated. Then scored a lot of goals for a mid table side in League 1. Ended up joining BHA and getting promoted to the EPL.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

I knew Baldock would come up. Absolutely no idea why people were so lukewarm on him. Scored some goals in a crap side that got relegated. Then scored a lot of goals for a mid table side in League 1. Ended up joining BHA and getting promoted to the EPL.

It was largely that period he went through of missing a couple of one on ones in every game I think. Once he sorted that out he was very good.