IGNORED

How are we thinking about tomorrows game and what would be a good result

Clutton Caveman

Giving it a miss tomorrow, feel totally deflated by the sacking of Pearson as others have said a new manager/coach generally comes in after a really bad run etc but not the case this time. I wish LM all the best obviously but struggling for enthusiasm at the moment. I would probably take a draw tomorrow but don't see us getting anything at Southampton and Norwich home could be tricky. Nothing about Pearsons sacking and appointment of LM feels right to me. Time will tell I suppose.

• Like 1

I too share the same feeling as others in this thread.

Usually with a mid season sacking, the club is in a bit of a crisis, the squad doesn’t appear to be a happy place etc. But this wasn’t/isn’t the case. Liam Manning comes in with an expectation from the off. 

That’s not his fault, but that’s how it feels now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cov 77 said:

Why is he fair game ? 

Really need to let it go , your dislike of JL doesn’t mean you’ve got to heap it on LM who has been here two minutes 

You need to stop telling fans what they can and can't have an opinion about. 

It's nothing personal with Manning. Its the job and the expectations he signed up for and he'd freely admit that I suspect. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

27 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Fair enough, but it's an illogical reaction in my opinion

Yeah, tend to agree.  But there are lots of people who just take what they’re told, so in their heads, they are being logical.

I’ve set my stall out, what my expectations are, and by when I’ll make my first real conclusions…and that’s the end of the January window.  That’s 13 league games time (12 if we can’t play FAC 4th Rd date), 14 (13) in total inc QPR.  That’s a fair period.

Thats not to say I won’t be making lots of notes and building towards that first conclusion, praising and critiquing as I go along.  But I’m really open on LM, I’m pretty happy with what I’ve heard so far, lots of tit-bits to go on.  

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Giving it a miss tomorrow, feel totally deflated by the sacking of Pearson as others have said a new manager/coach generally comes in after a really bad run etc but not the case this time. I wish LM all the best obviously but struggling for enthusiasm at the moment. I would probably take a draw tomorrow but don't see us getting anything at Southampton and Norwich home could be tricky. Nothing about Pearsons sacking and appointment of LM feels right to me. Time will tell I suppose.

I feel your pain mate. I'm going but only because I've already paid but with no real enthusiasm.

The owners have made a decision and they have now to live with it. I will shout out for the players but the owners can shove next seasons ticket money where the sun don't shine...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

I feel your pain mate. I'm going but only because I've already paid but with no real enthusiasm.

The owners have made a decision and they have now to live with it. I will shout out for the players but the owners can shove next seasons ticket money where the sun don't shine...

I thought you went so we could have a natter! 🤣🤣🤣

Manning so far seems okay if not the most inspiring IMO but early days.

Regardless of what some on tbis thread may think, may say if things go South there will be unease at least. A bit of disquiet.

The best thing that Manning can do to buy time to get longer term ideas across? Win games. Accumulate points at a steady rate, perhaps 1.4 per game.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

4 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

It’s a point I’ve made a few times but in a lot of ways Liam is on a total hiding to nothing here. He doesn’t have the new manager excitement or currency, and as this thread shows the feeling seems to be disillusionment as opposed to excitement. Thats not his fault - it’s a function of the manager prior not being wanted to be changed by the majority of fans, and also the ham fisted way things have been done.

A performance like QPR can’t happen tomorrow. I’m not in the boat of he needs to get top six, but he does need to get an uptick in performance at the very least from Nige even if results are consistent to justify the decision.

I don’t consider myself excited for tomorrow. But that’s down to Lansdown and Tinnion, not Manning, and he has my full support to hope this works. But if it doesn’t - and quickly - this could go very bad very very quickly.

Draw as a minimum with a positive performance is required. With this and Southampton, it feels like he’s been thrown to the wolves. Hopefully he can learn from the prior occupant and fight them off.

It's not Manning's fault so I'll not blame him, however I'm still ******* livid with Jon and Brian.  If it goes well I think it might buy them a little bit of good will back but Pearson was beyond poorly treated.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, weepywall said:

Hope I don’t have you next to me when we’re in the trenches , I can see where weepy comes from 

6 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Going to be a tough run of games who ever is in charge, looking forward to seeing any changes to our play.

Middlesbrough are on a good run of form so any result will be good, but get the feeling a few are getting excited by the thought of a loss and maybe hoping for one, so can post more drivel 

Complete nonsense- this get says every so often , and it’s always complete b*********

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Going to be a tough run of games who ever is in charge, looking forward to seeing any changes to our play.

Middlesbrough are on a good run of form so any result will be good, but get the feeling a few are getting excited by the thought of a loss and maybe hoping for one, so can post more drivel 

We gained 5 points from these 4 last season and if we factor in 2 less at QPR it was 8 from 5.

To match it we need 7 from the next 4. To match it in a literal sense, it would leave us -2 set against last season. ie Manning v NP.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

You need to stop telling fans what they can and can't have an opinion about. 

It's nothing personal with Manning. Its the job and the expectations he signed up for and he'd freely admit that I suspect. 

Not telling any one what to think it’s up to them , but surely the hundred posts you have put up since NP went ( which I absolutely did not want ) in which you have banged on and on about the top six statement because JL said it is definitely telling people what to think and yes in my opinion trying to put pressure on Manning who isn’t the person who talked shit 

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Manning so far seems okay if not the most inspiring IMO but early days.

Regardless of what some on tbis thread may think, may say if things go South there will be unease at least. A bit of disquiet.

The best thing that Manning can do to buy time to get longer term ideas across? Win games. Accumulate points at a steady rate, perhaps 1.4 per game.

There is a reasonable prospect that we could lose the next 3 or 3 without a win. Of course it goes without saying I hope that doesn't happen and that we win all 3. 

He needs to hit the ground running in the next week or there is going to be immense pressure. We could then be back in the realms of the LJ tombola where principles get thrown out of the window in order to get results.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Not telling any one what to think it’s up to them , but surely the hundred posts you have put up since NP went ( which I absolutely did not want ) in which you have banged on and on about the top six statement because JL said it is definitely telling people what to think and yes in my opinion trying to put pressure on Manning who isn’t the person who talked shit 

You can think what you want mate. 

Lots of us are still very angry at JL and BT. And not just about sacking NP. But the whole circus they created and how they have treated us fans. If you wanna forgive them so easily, cool beans! However for me I will be judging them on what they have previously said and on the appointment they made which they said was made to give us the best possible chance of promotion THIS SEASON.

Again, it's nothing personal with Manning. He accepted the job knowing the expectations and the situation so that doesn't make him immune from any expectation pressure.

You'd imagine one of the 1st questions asked was "we believe we have a squad that should be competing for promotion this season, do you also think that and do you think you're the man to make us complete and why?" And that his answer to that would have been yes.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

There is a reasonable prospect that we could lose the next 3 or 3 without a win. Of course it goes without saying I hope that doesn't happen and that we win all 3. 

He needs to hit the ground running in the next week or there is going to be immense pressure. We could then be back in the realms of the LJ tombola where principles get thrown out of the window in order to get results.

Pressure from who? 

Certainly not the people that employed him and gave him a 3.5 year deal. I’m pretty sure that unless we get relegated, he’ll be given every possible chance to prove them right. 

We know just how stubborn the Lansdowns are.

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

You can think what you want mate. 

Lots of us are still very angry at JL and BT. And not just about sacking NP. But the whole circus they created and how they have treated us fans. If you wanna forgive them so easily, cool beans! However for me I will be judging them on what they have previously said and on the appointment they made which they said was made to give us the best possible chance of promotion THIS SEASON.

Again, it's nothing personal with Manning. He accepted the job knowing the expectations and the situation so that doesn't make him immune from any expectation pressure.

You'd imagine one of the 1st questions asked was "we believe we have a squad that should be competing for promotion this season, do you also think that and do you think you're the man to make us complete and why?" And that his answer to that would have been yes.

I will think what I want mate 

I get you’re angry , not hiding it are you , but my point is that aim it at the board , if the moment we aren’t doing so well we give team and coach stick what does that achieve bar make some people feel better 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weepywall said:

I will probably get stick for this opinion, but here goes, I have never hidden my doubts about Pearson, yes he had a bit of bad luck with injuries and losing players but we at times had a team that should have performed better, our results, especially at home have been well disappointing to say the least, I remember when every Sat Geoff Stelling would point out we had not won at home in nearly a year, yes really, he was a BIG name and I think some on here could not get over how "lucky" we were to have him, look overall things did not work out did they, we have now appointed a young manager who I'm sure will bust a gut to prove himself we have had one game under him, did not lose it by the way yet the knives are already out, give the guy a chance ffs if in 6 months it has not worked out then I will hold my hands up, but I have a feeling, at last, we may have the man in charge that can fulfil our hopes for the future.   

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Kibs said:

Pressure from who? 

Certainly not the people that employed him and gave him a 3.5 year deal. I’m pretty sure that unless we get relegated, he’ll be given every possible chance to prove them right. 

We know just how stubborn the Lansdowns are.

Think the fans will be a bit restive if the start is underwhelming or worse.

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Think the fans will be a bit restive if the start is underwhelming or worse.

I don’t see it, not after Boro and Southampton. 

Yeah the vocal minority will be on here kicking off for sure but I think the majority of fans are both sensible and intelligent enough to realise that:

1. They are very difficult games.

2. We don’t actually have a squad or team that should be challenging for promotion.

3. JL and BT are full of shit.

Edited by Kibs
  • Like 3

Just now, Kibs said:

I don’t see it, not after Boro and Southampton. 

Yeah the vocal minority will be on here kicking off for sure but I think the majority of fans are both sensible and intelligent enough to realise that:

1. They are very difficult games.

2. We don’t actually have a squad or team that should challenging for promotion.

3. JL and BT are full of shit.

Maybe not so soon then, I'm thinking more medium term.

I agree 1-3, the flak if it arises should be mostly directly at the hierarchy.

• Like 1

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Maybe not so soon then, I'm thinking more medium term.

I agree 1-3, the flak if it arises should be mostly directly at the hierarchy.

Yes and rightly so if it happens. We should absolutely expect to see progress. 

But what the fans say or do (especially on here) won’t make any difference.

Barring an absolute catastrophe, which I don’t think this group of players would allow anyway, Manning will be given every opportunity to succeed because BT and JL will not want to be seen as being wrong.