IGNORED

Southampton away match thread

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I question that tbh. In any event, there evidently are players we could have named on the bench tonight, but haven't. I'd be interested to know why... 

Well I've had a quick look and academy products and I don't mean ones like Bell and Conway but fairly raw ones aren't populating many benches in the same way as ours.

I'd say 14 outfield players excluding Yeboah etc is quite thin, when most fit and available it's different but not atm.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m mixed on the 7 subs.

You can only play 5 (plus head injury subs), so whilst I get the case for giving some match day experience, I’m torn between this and what’s the point if they aren’t gonna get on.

I always wonder if someone comes in for them we can argue they are part of the match day squad and as such their value is higher

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Gow scored the year after in a 3-1 defeat.

Yep, the season after in the same year.

After we won at the Dell in March '75 we then played there again early in the new season in the August.

Typically I missed the 1-0 win but was there for the evening match in August when we lost 3-1.

Great goal by Gerry Gow though.

• Robin 1
4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

7 subs - the cynic in me thinks they don’t want certain 23s stragglers/one with bad attitudes to join up and potentially earn win bonus

Don’t think Manning reckons the rest are up to it.

Bet Tinnion would be raging if Nige had gone with 7 subs.

• Like 1