IGNORED

Southampton away match thread

2 hours ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

I moved down to the New Forest in February this year, and my overriding impression of Southampton is Swindon on a larger scale, with some boats.

Not a patch on the beautiful city of Bristol.

Southampton always reminds me of Coventry - bland.

• Like 1

I can see a 1-1 here, they’ll be looking to stamp their authority after a rather poor draw to Huddersfield on the weekend. Can see them controlling from the start and we get the opener on the break towards the end of the first half. Will probably try to hold out and concede in the final twenty.

Would bite your hand off for a draw now, but a win would really get LM off to a bright start so here’s hoping 🤞. COYR.

Edited by George Rs
  • Like 2
41 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Those travelling by train, its chaos south of Westbury. Been stuck for 50 minutes near Salisbury and still going nowhere. 

Trains backing up behind us, expect cancellations

signalling problems between Warminster and Salisbury... disruption expected until 18:00 🙃

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, George Rs said:

I can see a 1-1 here, they’ll be looking to stamp their authority after a rather poor draw to Huddersfield on the weekend. Can see them controlling from the start and we get the opener on the break towards the end of the first half. Will probably try to hold out and concede in the final twenty.

Would bite your hand off for a draw now, but a win would really get LM off to a bright start here so here’s hoping 🤞. COYR.

It all points to a home win, they're odds on and we are 9/2 last time I looked which is realistic on paper tbh.

But the players seem to have bought into Manning and will be confident after beating Boro so I'm thinking that draws the odds in a bit and hopefully a battling draw coming up. That would represent a good start for LM and more confidence going into the Norwich game. A win would light the touch paper..

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Southampton always reminds me of Coventry - bland.

Having lived in both places I get what you mean although Southampton wins out due to the amount of green space in the city. The problem I had with Southampton was not necessarily the place itself, but that every time I came back to Bristol I realised how much I missed Bristol.

I was hoping this fixture would be on a Saturday and not mid week as I have not been back in a very long time and would be interested in seeing what it's like now. The last time I saw a match there was at the Dell.

Anyhow here's hoping we can get a result tonight. 

• Like 2

We will win tonight. 

Great recent record against them. Last 6....won 4, drew 1, lost 1.

All the pressure on them. 

Tommy will get 2 and Mehmeti 1. 

Looking forward to hearing the Home fans moaning. 

COYR's

14 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I'm anticipating a different City tonight, positive football, passing forward, attacking from the off, maintaining good possession and scoring a few goals.............Only joking 😀

That's what I heard too

• Like 1
2 hours ago, old_eastender said:

I recall going to Southampton for away league match in the old division 2 1975, and winning 0-1. Can't remember the scorer.

Would be great if that result could be replicated tonight!

And the next day we lost to Norwich. Who do we play at the weekend?

• Flames 1
4 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Had the week off work and never really visited Southampton much so got here yesterday and staying until tomorrow. My review so far is that Southampton is “okay”. The Tudor House museum is quite nice and I had a decent curry last night. Some good walls too. Probably wouldn’t want to stay here longer than two days.

I'm staying for 4 days! Going to take in the IOW and Portsmouth as well as Southampton. Lots of shopping and eating/drinking as well as walking. It's ok, a nice break before the manic Xmas rush at work. 

• Like 1
On 28/11/2023 at 16:12, ashton_fan said:

Remember this victory at St Mary's when we played in blue and LJ scored the winner?

Blue?

On 28/11/2023 at 16:18, Red Army 75 said:

Went on a Friday night ( I think ) won 1-0 Stephen Pearson. Southampton were flying at the time. 

Good away day, shame I’m going to miss it. Snap your hand off for a point. COYR

New Year’s Eve, or possible the day before maybe if I recall? They’d gone the calendar year unbeaten at home to that point

• Robin 2
1 hour ago, OldlandReddies said:

We will win tonight. 

Great recent record against them. Last 6....won 4, drew 1, lost 1.

All the pressure on them. 

Tommy will get 2 and Mehmeti 1. 

Looking forward to hearing the Home fans moaning. 

COYR's

That's what I heard too

“Recent” record means nothing, especially when you’re going back 10-15 years 🤣

• Like 1
4 hours ago, sugarwray said:

That win prevented Saints going unbeaten for the calendar year, something that they have still never managed

I remember it well, bloody freezing.

I was in a pub pre game (as you do) with @BS3RED and we were asking Saints fans to let us off after 4.

It was also the only game where a City fan on one of the official coaches was giving me the 'slit throat' motion even though I had a City shirt on, plank! 

Safe trip to all attending.

U REDS 

Edited by Ska Junkie