IGNORED

Embarrassed to be a city fan tonight

Stockwood gate

I went along to the match tonight with my father in his 70’s , my dad has mobility issues and our allocated seats were far to high up for dad , we approached the stewards who were amazing and was given a special area for special requirements down by the Southampton fans left hand comer flag , half way through the match we had three city fans  who just walked in the little area and were constantly abusing Southampton fans also  a lady behind who was ever worse I have never heard such vile abuse from a city fan in 35 years it got that bad my father turned around and told them to shut up they almost started on my  father , these fans were scum 

Edited by Stockwood gate
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
  • Robin 1

3 hours ago, Stockwood gate said:

I went along to the match tonight with my father in his 70’s , my dad has mobility issues and our allocated seats were far to high up for dad , we approached the stewards who were amazing and was given a special area for special requirements down by the Southampton fans left hand comer flag , half way through the match we had three city fans  who just walked in the little area and were constantly abusing Southampton fans also  a lady behind who was ever worse I have never heard such vile abuse from a city fan in 35 years it got that bad my father turned around and told them to shut up they almost started on my  father , these fans were scum 

I to was embarrassed 

but simply because other teams get to see we have players like Harry Cornick playing for us 

• Haha 7
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Facepalm 6

6 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Yes. If youre not used to our loutish element then I can appreciate it would be a surprise to someone.

An away regular (espeically as you are a Millwall fan) would be used to this behaviour, (sadly)

Just to be clear, your view is, because it's an away game sub-human behaviour is acceptable?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 2

17 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Yes. If youre not used to our loutish element then I can appreciate it would be a surprise to someone.

An away regular (espeically as you are a Millwall fan) would be used to this behaviour, (sadly)

I am a Bristol City fan and have been for over 60 years so you are way off beam with your comment

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

The point where a bunch of our fans started bullying a young kid was the low point for me. 

The 8 year old in red? Yes complete wrong uns and had the brass neck to be screaming at City fans last 15 blood vessels popping eyes rolled back "to support the team" when this same lot spent the entire first half disinterested in the football and shouting abuse at an 8 year old for being fat. I don't need any lessons in "proper" away days, I also didn't find any of this lot remotely edgy or funny. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Flames 4

16 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Werent you bragging on here about having a signed Millwall shirt you were putting up in your man cave? 

It was given to me by Jake Cooper after I presented him the MOTM award at a corporate day I was guest of honour at.  What's the problem ?  I have lot's of signed shirts.

Anyway, none of this has any relevance to the OP.

Edited by BigTone
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, Stockwood gate said:

Not trying to diminish your experience, but what did your dad say to them? I’d find it fairly implausible that they’d react like that unless he gave them an earful.

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not trying to diminish your experience, but what did your dad say to them? I’d find it fairly implausible that they’d react like that unless he gave them an earful.

He just said just watch the match lads these blokes were disgusting as we had loads of swearing, more than happy with banter this went well past that lots of elderly people in the small section 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Stockwood gate said:

Thats the trouble I find with away matches- you find yourself lumped in with the brainless wonders....

My grandson is getting itchy for his first away trip although I'm aware of the negatives.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Stockwood gate said:

He just said just watch the match lads these blokes were disgusting as we had loads of swearing, more than happy with banter this went well past that lots of elderly people in the small section 

A lot of these braindead idiots are more interested in the opposition fans than the actual game. Very odd.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Olé said:

The 8 year old in red? Yes complete wrong uns and had the brass neck to be screaming at City fans last 15 blood vessels popping eyes rolled back "to support the team" when this same lot spent the entire first half disinterested in the football and shouting abuse at an 8 year old for being fat. I don't need any lessons in "proper" away days, I also didn't find any of this lot remotely edgy or funny. 

Quite frankly I am absolutely appalled and disgusted to be reading this. Tossers like that deserve to be banned. They are not Bristol City fans. I hope the young boy is OK this morning. 

But hey, because it's an away day @Lewisdabaron believes people should be used to this type of behaviour. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Every club has an element of dim witted idiots and sadly City are no exception. Unfortunately they’re an embarrassment to ordinary fans of whichever club they follow.

It’s very disappointing to witness but sadly it’s sometimes a part of the matchday experience…….:disapointed2se:

An 8 year old child being abused by being called fat should NEVER be part of a matchday experience. 

• Like 13
  • Flames 3

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Quite frankly I am absolutely appalled and disgusted to be reading this. Tossers like that deserve to be banned. They are not Bristol City fans. I hope the young boy is OK this morning. 

But hey, because it's an away day @Lewisdabaron

Why are you insinuating the poster seems to think it was ok because it was an away day? @Lewisdabaron even put the word (sadly) at the end of if his post, emphasising a regular would be used to it because we have plenty of idiots at away games. Nowhere has he said it was ok as people are making out.

Weird how people are slating some idiots for having a go at other fans at a match, then basically having a go at a poster on here for something they haven't even said.

The actual irony.

As for the OP, hope your old man is ok, I'm afraid we have plenty of morons at away games.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Sadly seems to always happen at big away games where we sell out.

It's not right and the minority won't change but last night the behaviour from both sets of fans was pretty awful tbh. Where we were (near the front left of the stand) there were some exchanges with an absolute moron of a Saints fan who was wearing what can only be described as a pink salmon jumper. 

The personal abuse he was subjecting toward some of our fans was embarrassing but worse, the stewards did NOTHING. All of them just stood their, as if it's not part of their job - shrugging their shoulders.

Then on the way out, an isolated saints fan who was minding his own business near the away exit (only recognised by having a Southampton Bobble Hat) had a group of 10-12 young lads verbally abuse and then physically intimidate him because he supported the opposition. He perhaps didn't help himself when he told them to "@#£& off" when they called him Pompey Scum, but then what followed was just pathetic yobish behaviour. All of this was infront of my 8 year old (we've done over 15 away games in the last 3 seasons) then turning to me saying, "I used to love going away with you Dad, but I hate this part of the experience". At no point did they even consider to tone down their behaviour or language thinking of who else was around. 

If you were one of those... Take a look in the mirror, give yourself a pat on the back for being a complete moron.

Edited by Sandhurst Red
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

An 8 year old child being abused by being called fat should NEVER be part of a matchday experience. 

I’m sure we all agree with that statement but the reality is that it happens on the odd occasion. The perpetrators are usually fuelled by alcohol.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sandhurst Red said:

Sadly seems to always happen at big away games where we sell out.

It's not right and the minority won't change but last night the behaviour from both sets of fans was pretty awful tbh. Where we were (near the front left of the stand) there were some exchanges with an absolute moron of a Saints fan who was wearing what can only be described as a pink salmon jumper. 

The personal abuse he was subjecting toward some of our fans was embarrassing but worse, the stewards did NOTHING. All of them just stood their, as if it's not part of their job - shrugging their shoulders.

Then on the way out, an isolated saints fan who was minding his own business near the away exit (only recognised by having a Southampton Bobble Hat) had a group of 10-12 young lads verbally abuse and then physically intimidate him because he supported the opposition. He perhaps didn't help himself when he told them to "@#£& off" when they called him Pompey Scum, but then what followed was just pathetic yobish behaviour. All of this was behaviour was infront of my 8 year old (we've done over 15 away games in the last 3 seasons) then turning to me saying, "I used to love going away with you Dad, but I hate this part of the experience". At no point did they even consider to tone down their behaviour or language thinking of who else was around. 

If you were one of those... Take a look in the mirror, give yourself a pat on the back for being a complete moron.

I've fallen out of love with going to matches because of our fans behaviour. I've had people shout at my 8 year old child because he wasn't watching the game (but causing no bother) 

I've yet to take him to an away game because of the experiences your lad has experienced. 

For other a year now at Ashton Gate we've had problems with those that sir behind us. They spend 90 mins swearing. Constantly report it to the club and stewards and despite them being warned it continues. The difficulty is that the majority of it is just them speaking for 90 mins with every other word beinf a swear word. You'd need a steward to be sat there to hear it. 

Before this my son had never used a swear word in his life. Now he is using it at school and is getting in trouble for it which is impacting his education. When approached these people say "he should either be at home or in the family stand" as a father I feel a real lack of respect that despite requests to stop, they continue to persistently swear. All were trying to do is watch a game of football yet its having a big impact in our lives because some people didn't obviously have good role models in their life. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1