IGNORED

Norwich City home match thread

1 minute ago, CityCiderEd said:

Most people must surely realise that our current squad is lower to mid table. We're competitive up to a point but never going to trouble the top 6. CF and a creative midfielder. 

I think everyone realises except the board. Usually second half subs give you fresh impetus; it’s done the opposite in this half.

• Like 1

Yet another big waste of possession there, this time Williams. We waste so much possession by playing piss poor passes and I don't think the strikers are the real issue with us not doing anything, it's the chance creation. Yes we create chances but compare them to successful teams and our real quality type of chances are far and through, if we created more then we wouldn't be noticing strikers missing good chances because they'd be getting enough quality chances to find their consistency.

I think if you give any of our strikers 3 quality chances they'll bury at least one, the issue is they're not getting 3, they're getting one, maybe two a game, the only striker who has a 100%/50% conversion with chances to goals will most likely be going up or moving to a Prem team. Our real issue is converting possession into the final third into real goal scoring opportunities as opposed to half chances regularly, something we've not done since Pearson first got us playing a fast counter style of football and in my personal opinion we have very few players who do that with this possession style of football, I'd say at best we have Mehmeti (when on form), Sykes (again, when on form) and occasionally Knight through his battling. We lack any real creative types who can create a dangerous attack by themselves, the kind of thing Scotty did regularly meaning we had better quality chances more often and allowed our strikers to find form.

• Like 1