IGNORED

Norwich City home match thread

Slightly surprised how many people thought that was really bad

Norwich have just committed daylight robbery for that win. Bad, bad defending for both their goals but we otherwise dominated the game - albeit lacking a final cutting edge (Conway should have done much better with his chances in the first half).

We’re never a top 6 side though. Too many passengers/just ‘ok’ players. 

One thing though, I assume Sykes coming off was something to do with his injury. If not, can’t understand that for the life of me.

• Like 5
  • Hmmm 2
4 minutes ago, Harvey86 said:

I don’t get what Sykes adds on the left- he moved to the right for about 5 mins, we got the goal, then he moved back on the left and was pretty anonymous again. Not sure why we wouldn’t play him in front of tanner the whole match, who looked isolated 

Any player would look isolated working in tandem with Weimann. He makes it impossible for Tanner to pass to him because of the position he takes up. He was again today very poor and him losing a ball that he could easily have passed led ultimately to the goal. If Sykes wasn't injured then to take him off and keeping Weimann on was such a strange decision. Probably 4 or 5 players needed in the transfer window and I'm not too worried about it being loans either. We can't keep using the same players and expect anything different. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

We are still in the hunt, sign some firepower in the window and roll the dice.

This won’t be enough to drag us up to the Play offs but will probably prevent relegation, but then the hierarchy will come out and state that “spending money for the sake of it” doesn’t work, when it was only spent to save their skin and prevent relegation anyway. And the cycle starts over.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

No ambition! No penetration. How I miss Nigel.

What like losing 3-2 to Stoke City after leading 2-0?.............Yep happy happy Nige days ?    Such absolute knee jerk Bollocks on here.    LM has been here 5 minutes, have some pateince and at least 2 windowa for him to make an impression..........before he is written off?

• Facepalm 1

I am now fearful that LM might not be able to prevent a slide own the table. His record prior to Oxford does not inspire confidence. I felt, on the other hand, that Nige would continue to work miracles to keep us lower mid table.

SL, JL, and  BT can’t escape criticism across the board now.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think people are being very harsh on Vyner, he was good overall today I thought. 

I think today was a big test for Weimann and I don't think he did himself much good. Would much rather see Mehmeti starting now on the left, with Sykes on the right. I think Weimann has dropped off so so much since last season.

I also hope Conway pulls through, but he didn't look good today. I think a striker is top of the list surely for Jan?

Manning has to take a large slice of the blame for that.

Started Wiemann RHS, so caused Sykes to be out of position on the left. For a period in the first half, they swapped around and our goal resulted, then inexplicably before HT they switched back again.  When Bell comes on, he then take Sykes off (now he might have been carrying a knock in which case fair enough), otherwise a really poor call. 

Wiemann should not be starting games period, been a good servant to the club but should be released at end of the season. Him weakly losing possession in our half led to the equaliser.

Bell comes on, and as he has been the case since the Stoke game, offers nothing. Mehmeti at least tries to make something happen.

Yeboah seems to be out of favour now, when I would have though his pace and power would make him a more likely impact sub than either Bell or Mehmeti.

• Like 7
6 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

Sleepwalking football.

100% - sums it up. And if that is what football IS these days -tippy tappy Russell Martin style - if that's what the new chap wants us to play, well I can't see me bothering in future. It's so dull to watch even when done well. If that was what football had been back in the day I'd never have gone in the first place!

• Like 4
  • Robin 1
1 minute ago, YGBjammy said:

I think people are being very harsh on Vyner, he was good overall today I thought. 

I think today was a big test for Weimann and I don't think he did himself much good. Would much rather see Mehmeti starting now on the left, with Sykes on the right. I think Weimann has dropped off so so much since last season.

I also hope Conway pulls through, but he didn't look good today. I think a striker is top of the list surely for Jan?

He’s 100% got an injury. Could hardly move after a collision with Idah around 70. Looked v2 of whatever he picked up against Plymouth. 

• Sad 1
10 minutes ago, petehinton said:

It is the last 2 games, that’s for sure. Pearson would’ve been hanged for todays subs and second half performance. I cannot for the life of me understand any of them, and they absolutely contributed to us losing. 

I’d love to know what’s he’s said at HT in every game so far. Because the total inability to resemble a football team from minutes 45-75 under him so far is really concerning. 

You know what I mean.

By all means have a go at them for today, but they're not the biggest issue and surely everyone realises that?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, fanjita said:

Much as it pains me to say but this squad is nowhere near good enough, we offer no threat in the final third whatsoever 

Agreed it’s a midtable squad. And we all know it. I honestly think that’s why the majority feel not that bothered/upset - at the end of the season, we’re 100% guaranteed to still be in the championship. Getting a bit boring really - anyone up for a spell in League One and looking good again? 

• Like 1

It’s stating the obvious but we’re just a bang average Champ side. Some good games, some sickening ones like that. Nige used to go on about consistency, and even now with a new coach, we’re still seeing the same problems.

Too many players here have hit their ceiling. And unless we invest wisely, nothing will change.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

What like losing 3-2 to Stoke City after leading 2-0?.............Yep happy happy Nige days ?    Such absolute knee jerk Bollocks on here.    LM has been here 5 minutes, have some pateince and at least 2 windowa for him to make an impression..........before he is written off?

You are right BUT when Tinnion and Lansdown acted so stupidly and told us the change was made to give us a better chance of succeeding they didn’t mention we are a mid table outfit that would need two windows. Neither of them had the minerals to tell the truth, that they didn’t like Nige and wanted him out at the earliest sensible opportunity so you are going to see plenty judging them on their stupidity, unrealistic as that stupidity clearly is. It’s their problem.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Harsh on Conway, who has generally been very good since coming into the team approx 18 months ago. Even with him missing a few chances today, we looked much better with him on the pitch than Cornick IMO

Missed two huge chances today, missed two huge chances Wednesday, missed a huge chance before his pen last week. Becoming a worrying trend. I think he will be gone in the summer either way tbh. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

We are still in the hunt, sign some firepower in the window and roll the dice.

I disagree on the former, and would be surprised to see the latter.

Given of course, that we are assured by those that know, that the current squad is strong enough to be top six. 

The dice have already been rolled. We called red, but it looks like black instead.

• Like 1