IGNORED

Norwich City home match thread

Just now, Robin101 said:

Agreed it’s a midtable squad. And we all know it. I honestly think that’s why the majority feel not that bothered/upset - at the end of the season, we’re 100% guaranteed to still be in the championship. Getting a bit boring really - anyone up for a spell in League One and looking good again? 

Don’t be too sure of being guaranteed championship football, this squad is heading for a fight for survival after a performance like that.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

100% - sums it up. And if that is what football IS these days -tippy tappy Russell Martin style - if that's what the new chap wants us to play, well I can't see me bothering in future. It's so dull to watch even when done well. If that was what football had been back in the day I'd never have gone in the first place!

Have to say I agree. The very brief burst of intensity is largely drowned out by literal stand-still with the ball at feet, or at best sideways-backwards-sideways. 

As for those goal kicks shared between defenders and Max, we’d be better off cutting to the point and just hoofing it upfield to the opposition, it’s how it mainly ends up.

Edited by Sturgess
  • Like 3

Thought it was more lacklustre than terrible today and some of the possession did eventually lead to openings, just continue to lack quality in the final third. That said, although it didn’t come off for him today, thought Tommy looked closer to his best than we’ve seen for a while, given a relatively thankless task up there on his own. 

Less positively, the amount of times we attempt to win the ball via proper tackles is insufficient and results in endless second balls for our opponents, when we get indecisive nicks first time of asking. And support from wide areas needs to improve - as others have mentioned, Tanner may not have had his greatest game, but very isolated and left hand side not clicking either. Would like to see us adapt defensively in game a bit more, pretty clear Idah was quicker than Barnes, but we continued with a high line. Poor from Zak, but with a better tactical shape, it could have been avoided, get we were going for the win, but still think we could have dropped a bit deeper.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

100% - sums it up. And if that is what football IS these days -tippy tappy Russell Martin style - if that's what the new chap wants us to play, well I can't see me bothering in future. It's so dull to watch even when done well. If that was what football had been back in the day I'd never have gone in the first place!

It’s not exactly blood and thunder is it. Made me laugh when Sheff Wed tried to play it the other week - lads, you’re 10 points adrift why are you taking the goal kick short.

It could be a really exciting style of football if it was a bit more mixed up with just running at someone when in the final third.   

• Like 1

we weren't good, we weren't bad, they weren't good, and they weren't bad. They pretty much accepted a point from 75  minutes and we gifted them a win. Two mid table teams in a boring game. 

Some overreactions going on, but gutting to lose a game we shouldn't have, but we had no chance of winning when we brought on Bell, Cornick and Mehmeti. They give their best, but they are not good enough for this level going forward. 

• Like 1

Can’t believe the massive over-reaction on here, it’s as if some people are wishing for Manning to fail, remind me who our manager was when Norwich beat us very convincingly with their reserve team at AG earlier in the season? Manning has come in with Wells injured, “Pearson signing” Cornick, who is utter dross, Weimann, who is well passed it and two very young strikers in Conway and Bell who are struggling massively 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 11
1 minute ago, Robin101 said:

Agreed it’s a midtable squad. And we all know it. I honestly think that’s why the majority feel not that bothered/upset - at the end of the season, we’re 100% guaranteed to still be in the championship. Getting a bit boring really - anyone up for a spell in League One and looking good again? 

In which case, what’s the ******* point?

And why do you let the club take you for a fool, taking your time, commitment and money, telling you we’re going for top 6 when we’re nowhere near?

Not bothered but you’re on here during a game.

What’s the point of fans even turning up and getting excited if you don’t think we have a hope?

Honestly this sort of sheep attitude, apathy, is why we’re still where we are and the club get away with the stunts they pull.

• Like 5
  • Flames 2
1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Missed two huge chances today, missed two huge chances Wednesday, missed a huge chance before his pen last week. Becoming a worrying trend. I think he will be gone in the summer either way tbh. 

Sure, he's missed a few chances in recent weeks, but most strikers go through these periods. He's still one of the most promising young strikers in the division.

I don't think Conway would be the limiting factor in us climbing into the top third.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, harvey54 said:

This. Absolutely. Nothing else. 

We had a football man managing our team. A man who'd been there, done it, bought the t-shirt and had the squad 100% behind him. He'd got the fans on side despite some bad times and had us punching above our weight whilst reducing the wage bill

...........but that wasn't enough for a clown of an owner who hasn't a clue how to run a football club and his cosseted child. 

Fuqing Lansdowns out!!

I was told by someone who works at the club that JL wasn't happy that NP didn't support the club with certain causes etc.. 😂 

God forbid a Football Manager being his own Man and having his own views. Probably told BT that some of the academy players are nowhere near good enough or ready.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Midtable squad or not we were nice and midtableish under NP and latterly Fleming.

1.4 PPG.

If Manning falls below over a prolonged period,then it possibly doesn't justify the change.

Today felt sophororic for various periods it really did.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
2 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Can’t believe the massive over-reaction on here, it’s as if some people are wishing for Manning to fail, remind me who our manager was when Norwich beat us very convincingly with their reserve team at AG earlier in the season? Manning has come in with Wells injured, “Pearson signing” Cornick, who is utter dross, Weimann, who is well passed it and two very young strikers in Conway and Bell who are struggling massively 

Pearson didnt 'sign' the players though. This is a squad developed by our Technical Director. Pearson called out the myth that we cam compete in this division while aelling our best players and picking kids. He was right and we will now see what we really are over the coming weeks.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Very few are going at Manning tbf. If the idiots in charge hadn’t talked about getting rid of the last manager to give us a greater chance of success, 70 minutes of utter dross today may not have provoked the reaction it has……..tbh it was a pain for me to get there today and if we had a game at 1.30pm next Sunday I would most likely give it a miss, regardless of who the Manager is.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

In which case, what’s the ******* point?

And why do you let the club take you for a fool, taking your time, commitment and money, telling you we’re going for top 6 when we’re nowhere near?

Not bothered but you’re on here during a game.

What’s the point of fans even turning up and getting excited if you don’t think we have a hope?

Honestly this sort of sheep attitude, apathy, is why we’re still where we are and the club get away with the stunts they pull.

Didn’t say it was a good thing did I? Just explaining why Ashton Gate feels so flat. You could hear the hubbub of people talking for the first 10 mins of the second half ffs.

And I wasn’t on here during the game, for what it’s worth. 

But what would you like me to do? I’ve previously said I think it’s time for new ownership - I don’t think much is going to change til it happens. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Robin101 said:

Didn’t say it was a good thing did I? Just explaining why Ashton Gate feels so flat. You could hear the hubbub of people talking for the first 10 mins of the second half ffs.

And I wasn’t on here during the game, for what it’s worth. 

But what would you like me to do? I’ve previously said I think it’s time for new ownership - I don’t think much is going to change til it happens. 

Cold Sunday mornings suck, better if it was played at 9pm so people could be pissed up