IGNORED

Dear Jon, what have you done...

PFree

Just now, Ecko said:

We're a top 6 squad, seriously. 

With a top ten budget..

Another lie soon rowed back on after the dust had settled.

Again today our 4 subs were the only “senior” players left to pick from & don’t let the injury situation fool you, we have never seen McCrorie play so cannot say he’s an upgrade, so basically the 33 year old Wells & possibly Rob Atkinson improves this side, that’s all.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, PFree said:

...I should add Tins to that title too!

In the same way a Manager can lose the dressing room, your Sir have royally cocked up and entirely lost the fans and their support.

You cleared out a very popular Manager (who the vast majority felt had done a really good job in difficult circumstances), where previously the connection between the Manager, players and fans had been rebuilt, and it felt as though we had turned an important corner.

You not only made poor managerial decisions, the communication and PR linked to the whole situation was abysmal, and you made a laughing stock of OUR club.

Not only that, you have created a poison chalice of a coach role - setting Ill thought out public expectancy, a top, progressive squad, top six expectancy etc. In some ways, I really feel for Liam Manning, he is on a hiding to nothing as he has inherited a horrible situation.

As so many are disillusioned by your actions, you have killed morale, and this for me is why Ashton Gate has such a poor atmosphere since NP left.  Well done to the fans who have tried to at least given Liam a go though. Importantly, after such unpopular change, if you were to restore any semblance of confidence in you or your decision making process, it was so important to get the “new manager bounce”, but we have ended up with relegation form, boring football and some interesting team tactics  - I was bored today, the football was boring, slow and predictable - there’s no tempo and how many times today did any player at least try to get a single fan off their seat? And we took off (arguably) our two, most creative players, how strange.

I’ll continue to support and try and find the positives, but right now I continue to feel OUR club is absolutely in the hands of very amateur owners, and speaking personally, I never thought I would ever say this, but I can’t wait until your family have left OUR club.

👏👏👏

Lansclown dictatorship is doing the impossible - making me dislike football. Never felt so disconnected.

• Like 8
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 2

9 minutes ago, PFree said:

...I should add Tins to that title too!

In the same way a Manager can lose the dressing room, your Sir have royally cocked up and entirely lost the fans and their support.

You cleared out a very popular Manager (who the vast majority felt had done a really good job in difficult circumstances), where previously the connection between the Manager, players and fans had been rebuilt, and it felt as though we had turned an important corner.

You not only made poor managerial decisions, the communication and PR linked to the whole situation was abysmal, and you made a laughing stock of OUR club.

Not only that, you have created a poison chalice of a coach role - setting Ill thought out public expectancy, a top, progressive squad, top six expectancy etc. In some ways, I really feel for Liam Manning, he is on a hiding to nothing as he has inherited a horrible situation.

As so many are disillusioned by your actions, you have killed morale, and this for me is why Ashton Gate has such a poor atmosphere since NP left.  Well done to the fans who have tried to at least given Liam a go though. Importantly, after such unpopular change, if you were to restore any semblance of confidence in you or your decision making process, it was so important to get the “new manager bounce”, but we have ended up with relegation form, boring football and some interesting team tactics  - I was bored today, the football was boring, slow and predictable - there’s no tempo and how many times today did any player at least try to get a single fan off their seat? And we took off (arguably) our two, most creative players, how strange.

I’ll continue to support and try and find the positives, but right now I continue to feel OUR club is absolutely in the hands of very amateur owners, and speaking personally, I never thought I would ever say this, but I can’t wait until your family have left OUR club.

Don’t feel sorry for Liam Manning. He’ll be off with a fat pay out before he’s got the top off his sun tan lotion.  

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

With a top ten budget..

Another lie soon rowed back on after the dust had settled.

Again today our 4 subs were the only “senior” players left to pick from & don’t let the injury situation fool you, we have never seen McCrorie play so cannot say he’s an upgrade, so basically the 33 year old Wells & possibly Rob Atkinson improves this side, that’s all.

Yeah, but the injuries are the fault of Pearson and Co. We're Bristol City, we've never had injuries before. 

Fast forward a week  Naismith is out for 2 months. Obviously it's Pearsons fault. 

These ******* in charge, JL & BT are the fault for the mess. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Graham76 said:

Everyone on here moaning about Jon Lansdown, but what about the exciting new Sporting Quarter being built! 

I just want to see a football team on the pitch who create excitement and where I look forward to going back to the gate again. The more strings to Bristol Sport, the harder it becomes to sell...

• Like 1

Just now, PFree said:

I just want to see a football team on the pitch who create excitement and where I look forward to going back to the gate again. The more strings to Bristol Sport, the harder it becomes to sell...

Give Manning a bit of time and we might get a bit of excitement, you can’t expect to change 5 years of dross after just 4 games. The pessimism and negativity on this forum is unbelievable 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 2
  • Facepalm 9

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What you see is what you get
You've made your bed, you better lie in it
You choose your leaders and place your trust
As their lies wash you down and their promises rust”

Paul Weller - not the one who played for Burnley!

I want ‘going underground’ played when my time comes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Wokings finest. 

Saw them loads of time. I’m thinking of going underground on this shit show!

26 minutes ago, PFree said:

In some ways, I really feel for Liam Manning, he is on a hiding to nothing as he has inherited a horrible situation.

In all ways! This is not his fault. In every shape or form if it really does go tits up, it is all JL, BT & GM's fault. 

I wasn't there today so can't comment on that, but if the form doesn't improve I don't want to hear any chants directed towards LM. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Well, we’re certainly in a jam!

• Haha 1

We are top 6………..

For playing academy players.

JL - “I believe we’ve got a good squad. It’s probably one of the best since I’ve been involved”

“Ultimately we made the decision because we believe the squad’s good enough and we believe in it. Um, if we didn’t then why make a change?”

BT - “It’s a squad that should be at the top end of the division. So yeah, I think there’s a lot of belief in the building, there’s a lot of belief in the staff, and um, yeah that’s a definite for us this season is to be at the top end”

”The squad is really competitive and they’re the best group of players we’ve had at this club for a long time”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Give Manning a bit of time and we might get a bit of excitement, you can’t expect to change 5 years of dross after just 4 games. The pessimism and negativity on this forum is unbelievable 

😂 I agree. All that time Pearson spent  dragging us out of a black hole of debt,  dross and points deductions. Having limited resources particularly after he turned an unheard of 17 year old into a 25m superstar and a forward into a 15m striker. 

Yes Mr Manning should be given the time not to bugger everything up with the money Pearson bought in! 

• Like 5
  • Flames 2

27 minutes ago, Redland said:

Jon Lansdown got rid of Pearson because he said the squad wasn’t performing to its potential under his management. Should be top six etc. 

For me the most frustrating thing is that we will never know what would have been achieved if Pearson had been supported by the Lansdowns.

Indeed. We had managers who were very poor judges of players given lots of resources, then we get a manager who has a proven record in spotting a player and give him the square root of f’ all to spend and then fire him. Top 6 squad my **se. 

• Like 12
  • Flames 3

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

There haven’t been 5 years of dross.

There had been mixed performances, some good, some bad, some indifferent, in a period of rebuild for the last 2 1/2 years of that.

But your posts seem to be all about doubling down on how shit it’s been so as to lower the bar for everything that happens post-Pearson.

There aren’t 5 years of dross to change.  This was about little tweaks here and there!

Exactly!