IGNORED

Dear Jon, what have you done...

PFree

30 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'll never really get Sykes on the left.

Perhaps with some super slick technical player you can do the alternate wings thing, but Sykes on the right of a front 3 seems his best position end of.

It seems under LM to me we are changing how we set up to counter the oppositions weaknesses. I don't like that. I am a firm believer that you play to your strengths and let the opposition worry about you. 

From my understanding we set up yesterday so that Pring would stay back to allow Sykes to get forward and this allowed Tanner to get forward on the right. We all know Tanner isnt an attacking FB. I'm assuming we set up like this because they highlighted a weakness with Norwich. 

But I just don't like it. Play players in their correct positions and play to their strengths. Don't ask them to do things they can't do. 

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

It seems under LM to me we are changing how we set up to counter the oppositions weaknesses. I don't like that. I am a firm believer that you play to your strengths and let the opposition worry about you. 

From my understanding we set up yesterday so that Pring would stay back to allow Sykes to get forward and this allowed Tanner to get forward on the right. We all know Tanner isnt an attacking FB. I'm assuming we set up like this because they highlighted a weakness with Norwich. 

But I just don't like it. Play players in their correct positions and play to their strengths. Don't ask them to do things they can't do. 

It does seem like you are absolutely determined to frame anything you can as a negative against Manning so that you can potentially be vindicated in not wanting him. 

There really is no need to be so partisan so early into his appointment. Why not wait to see how it pans out ?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It does seem like you are absolutely determined to frame anything you can as a negative against Manning so that you can potentially be vindicated in not wanting him. 

There really is no need to be so partisan so early into his appointment. Why not wait to see how it pans out ?

Because I expected us to push for the play offs this season under NP. The same expectation applies with LM. 

Great idea, let's close otib down until it pans out shall we? 

I think LM is the wrong fit for the players we have. I'm allowed to have that opinion. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Because I expected us to push for the play offs this season under NP. The same expectation applies with LM. 

Great idea, let's close otib down until it pans out shall we? 

I think LM is the wrong fit for the players we have. I'm allowed to have that opinion. 

Let's all do a Tinnion and leave OTIB til we are in the Prem.

• Haha 4

On 29/10/2023 at 15:15, LondonBristolian said:

Mods - merge this with the other threads if you need to but I thought it might be nice to have a separate thread to be positive about the work Pearson did without it being mixed in with (utterly valid and legitimate) frustrations about the board and direction of the club.

For me, he has transformed the culture and built a team with a work ethic and who are genuinely likeable. Our standards have been raised and the number of young players who have had a chance - admittedly partly influenced by budget restrictions - has been incredible.

If the club have got sense and strategy, he has left a fantastic platform to build on. (Of course, if the club had sense and strategy he would still be here but this is a positive thread about NP and not about that).

Cheers Nige! I hope the standards you have set continue in your absence.

On 04/11/2023 at 08:17, SnozRobin said:

Just when I thought I was getting over it!

WTF have the Lansdowns/Tinnion done?

The best manager in my lifetime ((I’m 47) and a class act to boot.  Get well soon, Nige.

On 06/11/2023 at 13:17, sh1t_ref_again said:

Disappointing to lose Nige and replace him with someone with no experience at this level, I will support him / the team, do not know enough about him and his style so difficult to have an informed opinion if he will be a good fit. 

It appears he failed as a footballer, so has not played the game at any high level, always think its easier for a coach that has been there and done it to get the respect of experienced players, particularly when results are bad as they start to question the plan. Always thought this was GJ problem and to a degree LJ's.

Hope it works out, but not filled with excitement or hope.

On 03/12/2023 at 15:51, BasSavage88 said:

Because it was so so so much better under Pearson?

On 03/12/2023 at 17:30, Numero Uno said:

And the Bears won yesterday. Brilliant.

To be fair that was brilliant. 

23 hours ago, fisherrich said:

JL is just one big joke. Yeh, the happy clappers will still support the Lansdownes, but most have had enough now.

This club needs to be sold asap. Fans have run out of patience. NP sacking was last straw for many. 

Was the last straw for me Sunday didn't have the same feeling I had at the start of the season.

24 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I  think LM is the wrong fit for the players we have. I'm allowed to have that opinion. 

I’m sure most of us did - all except those that matter who obviously didn’t see it that way,

As for Manning - let’s see where we are after another dozen games or so.