IGNORED

FBC POD - Norwich [H] the verdict ..... we have to accept that we are a work in progress

headhunter

6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

That's why they sacked Pearson when they did mate. They knew we had players returning and we had a fixture list which could deliver some decent results. 

They wanted him out and him losing two in a row was the perfect excuse for them. 

I'm being flippant when I say this but Manning has lost 2 in a row also...

Yeah they needed to find an opportune time, I definitely agree with this.

Results a bit sketchy, decimated with injuries which included an Anglo-Welsh derby vs a recently revived Cardiff and a 2nd place Ipswich. Oh how ideal for the board...

39 minutes ago, FNQ said:

One thing not factored in though is player availability. LM has not been forced to play young James at left back, or Andy King at CB and had 100% availability from TC up front for example. Although we still have a couple out, LM has definitely had a stronger, more consistent squad to pick from over his four games than what was available for Nige in the dozen or so preceding games.

I didn’t want to bring that to the debate, I think minds have been made up! 😉

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yeah they needed to find an opportune time, I definitely agree with this.

Results a bit sketchy, decimated with injuries which included an Anglo-Welsh derby vs a recently revived Cardiff and a 2nd place Ipswich. Oh how ideal for the board...

There were a few on here (myself included) who, though fans of Pearson could see a natural end. Maybe the this summer or maybe next . I do wonder if not offering , or even having any talks about contracts the Club had made their mind up for the summer at the latest. 
Then as you say, 2 defeats and with players starting to come back it was rushed forward. 
To make it even better timing we were due to play (at the time) 2 of the poorest sides in the division, timing was absolutely ideal for the Club. 

If Gould were still here at the time I'm sure the situation would have been handled much better, but with Jon being a bit of a car crash in front of a camera, it all came out like a 12 year old trying to explain his lack of homework.

• Like 1

Just now, 1960maaan said:

There were a few on here (myself included) who, though fans of Pearson could see a natural end. Maybe the this summer or maybe next . I do wonder if not offering , or even having any talks about contracts the Club had made their mind up for the summer at the latest. 
Then as you say, 2 defeats and with players starting to come back it was rushed forward. 
To make it even better timing we were due to play (at the time) 2 of the poorest sides in the division, timing was absolutely ideal for the Club. 

If Gould were still here at the time I'm sure the situation would have been handled much better, but with Jon being a bit of a car crash in front of a camera, it all came out like a 12 year old trying to explain his lack of homework.

More fool the club even though I suspect that you might be right.

If Gould was still here, I expect NP would be too.

Yes Gould would have managed it better without doubt if the same decision had occurred.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I think the club wanted Manning regardless of when, but with Oxford flying it made them nervous they would get either beaten to him by someone else, or we’d be too far along in waits and Oxford would be promoted. Whether Gould would’ve made any difference to that, I guess we’ll never know, but I’m not convinced if he was still here that Pearson would be too. 

Whilst we’re on it, what the **** is this ‘cult of Nige’ stuff all about? Seems like nowadays it’s negative to be supportive of a manager (who knew), and the people bringing Pearson up more than anyone over the last week or so are the ones who wanted him gone rather than wanted him to stay 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 5

8 hours ago, petehinton said:

Whilst we’re on it, what the **** is this ‘cult of Nige’ stuff all about? Seems like nowadays it’s negative to be supportive of a manager (who knew), and the people bringing Pearson up more than anyone over the last week or so are the ones who wanted him gone rather than wanted him to stay 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

This place could be adversarial before, with the sacking that seems to have made it worse.

I was disappointed Pearson went and annoyed how he went, but he's gone and I want Manning to do well as it means City do well.  
I' not a Cult, unless that's a typo , then that's debatable .

As I said before on here ...

The King is dead , long live the King . 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, One Team said:

I thought it might be a bit balanced Graham, all seemed positive to me apart from Neil’s comments on the late goal. Ian is doubling down on his Manning support. I do enjoy listening to it though! 😀

Exactly how I saw it. All of them were extremely excited about the Manning appointed, exciting up and coming young coach etc etc. They constantly spoke about how well Oxford played against us in a 5-1 defeat. 

Having listened to Ian for many years on RB, he's not going to back down on his opinion of Manning. If Ian were to criticise Manning, that would be Ian admitting he was wrong and that's something Ian cannot do! 

So whilst I do enjoy that FBC is independent from the club, I like to listen to people who say it how they see it. Not avoid saying things because it compromises themselves. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 2015 said:

Bloke is an absolute p***k hope I don't ever run into him at AG.

Are you a Burberry boy?

Baseless comment. Not everyone's cup of tea & even I find him overbearing at times but he draws more listeners than turn offs.

32 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Exactly how I saw it. All of them were extremely excited about the Manning appointed, exciting up and coming young coach etc etc. They constantly spoke about how well Oxford played against us in a 5-1 defeat. 

Having listened to Ian for many years on RB, he's not going to back down on his opinion of Manning. If Ian were to criticise Manning, that would be Ian admitting he was wrong and that's something Ian cannot do! 

So whilst I do enjoy that FBC is independent from the club, I like to listen to people who say it how they see it. Not avoid saying things because it compromises themselves. 

I think a couple of defeats on the road this week and you'll notice a change.

Manning's been sold a pup by the Lansdown's viz. top 6 squad not performing to potential, any support we give is on the basis of giving the bloke a chance - why wouldn't you?

2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Are you a Burberry boy?

Baseless comment. Not everyone's cup of tea & even I find him overbearing at times but he draws more listeners than turn offs.

I think a couple of defeats on the road this week and you'll notice a change.

Manning's been sold a pup by the Lansdown's viz. top 6 squad not performing to potential, any support we give is on the basis of giving the bloke a chance - why wouldn't you?

Because I'm not willing to accept that we should give things time because we are a work in progress. We didn't need to become a work in progress. 

It's not about not giving Manning a chance. I speak for myself when I say this but there is a underlying anger still bubbling away under the surface at JL and BT. It's more about struggling to have faith in their decisions.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Because I'm not willing to accept that we should give things time because we are a work in progress. We didn't need to become a work in progress. 

It's not about not giving Manning a chance. I speak for myself when I say this but there is a underlying anger still bubbling away under the surface at JL and BT. It's more about struggling to have faith in their decisions.

100%. I'm angry with the fans that are blindly ignoring the fact that the board at the club are absolutely useless and are blaming NP continuously for the problems at this club. There have been problems for YEARS. 

NP was clearing the mess he found us in from LJ/DH/MA reign of overspending on absolute dross and STILL our stupid fans cannot see that the job he was doing was having us punching above our weight. 

If we go into a relegation battle this season these short sighted fans who wanted NP out are just as culpable as the board with the decision to get rid of Nigel. 

Edited by 2015
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'm with you 100% on this

On 04/12/2023 at 11:44, Charlie BCFC said:

You’re right that we’re in a better position now but we gave Pearson a chance throughout the 20/21 season (rightly so) even when that period is one of the worst periods I’ve seen since supporting City. Why doesn’t Manning deserve patience when he’s had 4 games and is trying to change an entire style of play?

We were sold a "better chance of success" with Manning not a whole new style of play or a complete shift in culture? Why would you do that mid-season when you aren't even in any trouble position wise? What we were told is that the style would be "more front foot", in fact Snakey Boy promised it, but clearly that is NOT the style we are progressing with right now. In fact, in periods it's going to a more "back foot" style of play with backwards and sideways passes being pinged across our central third ad nauseum.

At no point did Landsown and Tinnion TELL THE TRUTH which was that Manning's style would take TIME to implement. I can see that, 90% of the support base can see that but that isn't what the two complete and utter clowns suggested, is it? They are wrong, obviously, and many of us will give Manning the time to get it sorted (if he doesn't he needs to be ****** out of it though) but, at teh same time, I can forgive one or two who perhaps rely less on what they see and more on what they are told who are taking a more aggressive line with the club (that also includes Manning, unfortunately, due to Jon and Tinnion's complete lack of sensible thinking before gob was opened in interview).

• Like 1
  • Flames 1