IGNORED

West 'Am - Sunday 7th Jan. 2pm

cheese

• The title was changed to West 'Am - Sunday 7th Jan. 2pm

8,924 - that’s a bumper allocation, is that more than we got at Man City for the semi-final. In fact, is that the biggest official allocation we’ve ever received, aside from Wembley or Mansfield on last day of 2013-14 season?

Can't wait for GashGoRunningAway piping up on W Ham forum to inform them they took 4,500 to Stamford Bridge and could have easily trebled that if it wasn’t for Mercury being in Retrograde.

Edited by WessexPest
  • Haha 6

13 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yeah I’m out on this one. Youth team coached take precedent and there is a game that day. Imagine many in local football will be in the same boat - even with early k/o for kids game no chance to get there 

Yep. I think the Sunday youth leagues are gonna mean quite a few people with chips covered in urine. 
And even if the games get weathered off, it’ll be too late for them to get a ticket or make arrangements. 
Shame really. I’d have expected a sell out on a Saturday but Sunday means I’d knock a fair few off of that. 

Edited by Harry

13 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yep. I think the Sunday youth leagues are gonna mean quite a few people with chips covered in urine. 
And even if the games get weathered off, it’ll be too late for them to get a ticket or make arrangements. 
Shame really. I’d have expected a sell out on a Saturday but Sunday means I’d knock a fair few off of that. 

Half of the lot we have booked up the train with are banking on the pitches being waterlogged that weekend 😂

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Harry said:

Might be some rearranged games too there mind 😉

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yeah I’m out on this one. Youth team coached take precedent and there is a game that day. Imagine many in local football will be in the same boat - even with early k/o for kids game no chance to get there 

Opposite problem for me - my son's games are a Saturday which can make the usual 3pm games tricky and away games a non-starter. This one has worked out nicely for me.

1 hour ago, richyy66 said:

Given its on a Sunday - Potential Train strikes - Doubt we would sell out for this one. I reckon 5000 tops.

I was thinking maybe more than that. But 9k should give members a fair chance of a ticket.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Train strikes? Is there proposed action on that day specifically?

I don’t think any strikes planned but don’t rule out maintenance work on a Sunday. Some journeys, from Devon, are already saying bus replacement may make up part of the journey.

Travelling by train in recent times is an absolute lottery, I’ve just had most of my return ticket for the Saints game refunded as it was late both ways, for different reasons. 

3 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I don’t think any strikes planned but don’t rule out maintenance work on a Sunday. Some journeys, from Devon, are already saying bus replacement may make up part of the journey.

Travelling by train in recent times is an absolute lottery, I’ve just had most of my return ticket for the Saints game refunded as it was late both ways, for different reasons. 

Yep good point. Fortunately a drive from here in Chippenham to the edge of London is easy enough. The new Elizabeth line has made traversing from the West of the city over to Stratford a lot easier - I did it earlier this year for ABBA (next door to London Stadium)

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Yep good point. Fortunately a drive from here in Chippenham to the edge of London is easy enough. The new Elizabeth line has made traversing from the West of the city over to Stratford a lot easier - I did it earlier this year for ABBA (next door to London Stadium)

Good idea and yes the EL is a game changer crossing west to east.

• Like 1