IGNORED

S/T holders - will you renew?

Meh

S/T holders -23/24 renewals  

399 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There has been a lot said in the last few weeks and it is interesting to see if this is genuine frustration that will probably wear off as it invariably does as we are a fickle lot OR this is S/T holders who normally renew adamant enough is enough and voting with their feet.

For me, I am at highly unlikely. I have had a S/T for most years of the last 30 or so but I am disillusioned; not just City but football in general. I used to watch a lot of games but really don’t bother much with premier league games or any other.

With City itself, I cannot face yet another reset; I have seen so many and it is always the same end result and I spend a lot of money on both football and rugby each season so something has to give and as much to my surprise it will probably be the City S/T.

Rugby only really started 3 years ago; always followed Bristol but from the armchair. Now I go with my wife and our friends and I really like it; the beer flows and we have a laugh and totally different vibe. I know not for everyone and I get that, but, take this weekend - Saturday a thrilling derby win whilst getting slowly giggly compared with walking out peed off on Sunday.

That said, if the regime at the top was to change in near future it would be a much harder decision for me so it is mainly a general flat, deflated outlook of the “rinse and repeat” unfolding and the brain winning the battle with the heart strings !!

• Like 1

I will, but mainly because it’s in the blood and the kids are now indoctrinated. I’m lucky in the fact I can afford it but for the three of us around £800 isn’t cheap for the entertainment we look to be having pushed from hereon in, and I blame nobody in view of the disregard from the board for making a different decision, particularly in a cost of living crisis.

16 minutes ago, Waffleflap said:

I gave up watching city during the Lee Johnson era. Got fed up with it all. The atmosphere,  the football, the lot. 17 years a season ticket holder but just had enough.  Happy to listen on the radio these days. At least I can fall asleep at home 

I don't think this thread was aimed at you then. 

• Haha 3

of course, been following since 78, in the blood

9 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

100% yes, think it’s clear to a lot of people I’m behind Manning! But whoever we have in charge, Bristol City is a big part of my life and after the season behind closed doors I won’t take it for granted ever again

definitely agree

• Like 1

I’m undecided but I’m a pretty odd case. 

I will probably wait until it’s done and dusted to decide on my season tickets   

I hate the phone ticket thing. A massive pain in my ass

As for the football, the ownership and management. I’m pretty fed up right now. All the crap about Manning and top six. Now it’s all about bringing in his players etc, I hate being bullshited by rich trust fund kids and their Lackies. I guess I’ll take a view. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MattWSM said:

of course, been following since 78, in the blood

Have to say that was me until a couple of years ago.

I suspect it would be different if I didn’t have another time consuming option in the rugby with family that I enjoy.

I had a period out a few years before COVID and missed football massively and vowed never again, but, mindset has changed.

At moment it will likely be membership for me and see how it goes; always half-season option but I do feel this time I won’t go much at all unless something radical changes.

7 hours ago, Rob k said:

Sport in general is more boring than it used to be, i went to the Bristol v Glos game on the weekend, i could not believe how boring the atmosphere was for a derby. 

TBF, it was bitter and -1 degrees - not likely to be a carnival atmosphere as a lot were clearly darn cold.

I would still say what was probably 14,000 in actual bums on seats were louder more often than the circa 19,000 on Sunday. Doesn’t help the 🐻 only have one “song” which is singing “Bristol” repeatedly - ghastly !! 😬 

It’s the first time I’m going to be seriously considering it. I still expect I will but I’m the closest I’ve ever been to not bothering.

I’ve lost a bit of interest since lockdown tbh. I started watching my local team & I’ve found the non league stuff a refreshing change. Had a season ticket 25 years & this season I’ve already missed 4 home games through choice. Probably missed 4 odd through all of last season, and prior to that I would rarely miss a game. 

Used to get to 8-10 away days a season, now I find myself doing 1 or 2. 

Probably do need an exciting season to get me fully on board again. I was gutted at the start of the season when we sold Scott, and didn’t reinvest. It killed off any hope I held for this season which was little anyway. 

• Like 5
  • Robin 1

I shan't. Been drifting away for a while - other commitments. Was in two minds this season but I was inspired by the Pearson project. As it is I've only made it to a handful of games so far this season and shan't be at many more.

Not wanting to be a negative Nelly I shan't repeat the multiple reasons why I've fallen out of love with the Lansdown regime. City will always be my club and I'll be a POTD supporter for the foreseeable.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Meh said:

There has been a lot said in the last few weeks and it is interesting to see if this is genuine frustration that will probably wear off as it invariably does as we are a fickle lot OR this is S/T holders who normally renew adamant enough is enough and voting with their feet.

We have questioned whether to bother, seems like every years the past few years, we always do. For the social side if nothing else.

For me, I am at highly unlikely. I have had a S/T for most years of the last 30 or so but I am disillusioned; not just City but football in general. I used to watch a lot of games but really don’t bother much with premier league games or any other.

I got so pissed off with my seats being turned in Corporate seats, and so more than doubling in price I stopped going for a while , never stopped looking for results though. It happens and before I walked away I didn't understand that.

With City itself, I cannot face yet another reset; I have seen so many and it is always the same end result and I spend a lot of money on both football and rugby each season so something has to give and as much to my surprise it will probably be the City S/T.

In the context of what I've watched over the last 50 odd years, this is no where near the worst, might actually turn out to be interesting.

Rugby only really started 3 years ago; always followed Bristol but from the armchair. Now I go with my wife and our friends and I really like it; the beer flows and we have a laugh and totally different vibe. I know not for everyone and I get that, but, take this weekend - Saturday a thrilling derby win whilst getting slowly giggly compared with walking out peed off on Sunday.

Because you don't care so much , I really think it's that simple . I watch the Rugby occasionally, the Women and even other teams and I enjoy it, but I don't care so it doesn't hurt. And that my friend is what keeps me going.

That said, if the regime at the top was to change in near future it would be a much harder decision for me so it is mainly a general flat, deflated outlook of the “rinse and repeat” unfolding and the brain winning the battle with the heart strings !!

But that is football whoever is in charge of your club. You try for success, it doesn't work and you try something else. Sometimes it works better than others , sometimes we enjoy it more than others

Stepping away could be a good thing, a sort of pallet cleanse . For a few years I only went to the odd games, watched when we were on TV but followed from afar. After the rebuild I got my passion back, and although in that short time, there have been times I doubted I would get a season ticket, I have done though . Saturday I bumped into mates I only see at football and ones I have gone with at different stages in my life. That's what makes it different and what makes it harder to leave and us easier to take advantage of. 
But what are you gonna do on a Saturday, keeps me from being dragged to a Garden Centre by the Wife, though not every Saturday.

• Like 1

Another thing that might not help is the fact we can see the goals action not long after the game has concluded.

Senior members may recall that back in the day we had to wait till Sunday afternoon to see our local goal action

Also as I have stated that there will be FIVE Championship games shown live over the fri/sat/sun/mon weekends

So look forward to at least one Championship game being shown LIVE at 12:30pm on saturday

5 hours ago, REDOXO said:

I’m undecided but I’m a pretty odd case. 

I will probably wait until it’s done and dusted to decide on my season tickets   

I hate the phone ticket thing. A massive pain in my ass

Have you tried just carrying it in your pocket..?

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

For the first time in over 50 years of having a season ticket i am thinking about not renewing The owners do not show the same ambition as the fans and as soon as someone good comes along they sell them off.  We are currently playing young lads who would not get in any other championship team they are just used to make up the numbers. A lot of these lads on the bench are not championship quality yet and should be out on loan gaining experience Like Reid Semenyo Bryan Vyner Pring and many others did.   If the owners turn round and had a real go at it and said to Manning (if he's still here) "Here's £25M build us a promotion winning side"  and they also promise not to strip the assets from the club (if we have any left) then a lot of the fans would be onboard but at the moment we seem to be a rudderless ship 

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

19 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Why? Just interested. For me, it’s been brilliant. 

I was quite worried about the phone thing. I've had my phone lock itself and I lost everything from the last back up , which was a while back. I had an App go black trying to get into the Academy for a gig , but TBF it's worked quicker than my old card so far.

A mates starts updating as soon as the game is over and can be noisy for ages, but mine has been faultless so far.

• Like 1