IGNORED

S/T holders - will you renew?

Meh

S/T holders -23/24 renewals  

399 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

31 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Why? Just interested. For me, it’s been brilliant. 

I'm not against it in any was but what i dont like is when entering the vans village the stewards ask to see my ticket so i have to get my phone out, unlock it, find the app and then show them. Then i get to the turnstyle i then have to take the phone of its case as it doesnt work otherwise 

8 minutes ago, westonred said:

I'm not against it in any was but what i dont like is when entering the vans village the stewards ask to see my ticket so i have to get my phone out, unlock it, find the app and then show them. Then i get to the turnstyle i then have to take the phone of its case as it doesnt work otherwise 

I just ignore the people asking to see tickets since the phone thing, not been stopped once.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, westonred said:

Never been asked. must be my age

I’ve been watching City since 1960 & seen both the 4 seasons in the top league — and the awful time leading to 1982 & the Ashton Gate 8. In 1982 I bought shares (which I could barely afford).

I reflect that the stadium & team are exponentially better than for most (not all) of my time as a supporter. Yes, I’m miffed at the way Pearson was dismissed, he did a great job with limited funds and was responsible for a lot of very positive changes.

It’s obvious that Pearson was sacked as he didn’t get on with the Board & was (or on the verge of) being openly critical of those in power above him. The official rationale for sacking Pearson was one that few, if any, fans accept.

However we move on, Manning might be a good appointment (it’s too early to tell).

The biggest negative with many fans appears to be with the owner (and his son who is chair). Whilst I’m disappointed at the lack of dynamism & leadership from the Board, we have owners who are City supporters and have put huge amounts of money into the club and facilities. Looking at other clubs and ownership, we are fortunate.

Its a no brainer for me, yes I’m renewing my season ticket.

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

49 minutes ago, SomeRandomBristolian said:

I will be renewing my season ticket next season. Bristol City is my team for life, it doesn't matter who the owners are or manager is as they will change as time goes on. 

It is everybody’s team for life though.

The issue I am wrestling with is if I do what I have always done (ie renew and accept what is being served up) then I am being a hypocrite.

I do not like the board or the pseudo Technical Director.  The football is bland. The atmosphere is flat but most of all I do not see anything changing in the results side.

30 years of regular support after my younger years of 10 or so as/when and I have not seen top flight football.

I’m 53 now and starting to wonder if I ever will. These days that is no age, but I ain’t lasting another 40 years and we have been in this cycle of falling woefully short since we got promoted bar one year when we blew it really against Hull.

Football is a passion and in the blood but to carry on shelling out a lot of money for endless disappointment and mediocrity is actually madness when you sit back and take stock surely?

The powers that be know this and that is why they think they can do anything.

Nothing will wake them up except something drastic like 14,000 S/T sales this season dropping below 10K next.

It will never happen but it would be great if it did as it could lead to real team investment, cheaper pay on the day etc. - who knows. All I know is venting on here then renewing with no belief anything will improve is dafty !! 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

First time in 15 years I am considering not bothering with a ST.  I didn't have one before as I used to play on Saturdays.  I'm beginning to not enjoy the whole experience and the re-establishment of amateurism by JL and BT has put me right off.  Obviously I will change my tune if we have an upturn but previously it felt that there was a connection between the manager, players and fans and this was moving towards properly challenging.  Now it feels like history repeating itself.  The coach is clearly a football man but I very much doubt he can manage upwards as effectively as Pearson did.  We will only ever get promoted if we do it in spite of the Lansdowns.  Nige could've done this.  Not sure we'll see anything other than our Head Coach jumping upwards or sideways when he gets the opportunity or obviously being sacked.

• Like 2

I will renew in spite of not because of the current hierarchy of the club that are totally unfit for purpose in my view. The current First Team player claiming the club has everything in place to get to the Premier League but he has never played under such backward ownership in terms of football decisions has basically smashed the head of the nail to pieces he's hit it that hard!!

We get this thread every year and normally it's a load of hot air BS..................something tells me unless Manning gets us playing a lot better by the end of the season than we did on Sunday there may be one or two more than usual following through and not just making empty threats. FWIW though if you think withdrawing your support is going to hurt and affect Steve, Jon and the slippery Snake, I think you couldn't be further away from the truth. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, italian dave said:

Why? Just interested. For me, it’s been brilliant. 

I live in Milwaukee. I have two season tickets one of them for a nine year old nephew  

The problems I have transferring tickets are not worth my while to bother with as it takes ages to get through and unless I get the SLO to help (Jerry is a rockstar) have to explain constantly  

The issue stems from buying tickets for a child that are registered to me while being an overseas supporter

Thus there will often be unused seats at a capacity game as I can’t actually make every game. Furthermore when I tried to add an extra seat recently I was told I couldn’t until sale was open to all supporters. But I could buy hospitality, which is what I did. 

As I said in the bit you cut out I appreciate my position is odd. But one thing s for sure I won’t be buying two season tickets next season. 

18 minutes ago, xerox6060 said:

Expect there to be a lot more moving of kick off times and days next season under the new EFL TV deal.

That will be the issue for me. As I said last Sunday if we had a home game at 1:30pm next Sunday, which is a shite time for me to attend, I certainly wouldn't be bothering again to go through a rinse and repeat of that. If kick-offs go to stupid times and the football remains "as is", I will start missing games, no doubt about it.

I'll be honest I'm just apathetic to the whole thing at the moment. The club isn't on the same page as the fan base, any player who has any sort of ability to get the crowd off their feet is sold, I feel like I'm going out of a sense of obligation now rather than going to be entertained 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Evs said:

100% YES but will I buy anything else from a pint to a shirt until Lansdown Snr, Jnr & Tinnion are are gone 100% NO

I've never been interested in eating or drinking at football anyway, that's the simplest measure for me. I'm glad you mentioned Tinnion though.........many piling everything on Jon Lansdown, he has an accomplice down there that's for sure. It seems that Steve is not even an issue any more because asides from lobbing his money in to pay for the annual mismanagement he doesn't appear to have any keen interest in his club any longer.

• Like 1

I let my season ticket go when stadia became all seater. I always felt the atmosphere became diluted and having been spoilt by the old first division days where you were packed in, swaying around and getting the crush when we scored was all part of the thrill of going. For me it all became a bit too sanitised, you suddenly had to mind your P's&Q's! 
I don't think football will ever be the same as the modern way isn't the blood n' guts it used to be, something which made you want to stand. Tippy tappy football is fine on the telly but live doesn't get my pulse racing!
Won't be renewing purely because I can't justify the outlay. Shame because when your team's playing well and the football's exciting it's much easier to justify against the other outgoings.

• Thanks 1

I won't renew.

It's been coming for a while, the whole "matchday experience" is flat and for me has been going downhill since we were kicked out of the Atyeo.

I've spent time in the other three stands, and it's tepid, even the pubs seem on the wane - don't even mention the Rising Sun !

As for the football, it is shite in the main, certainly a hard watch more often than not, and like many others it seems, I really don't like how and by whom the club is being run.

As an out of towner who likes a drink, midweek games are a challenge, so in terms of cost per games watched i'll swerve a renewal and come down when it's worth doing so.

Haven’t been down since NP was sacked.

Lansdowns need to go before I go back. Fed up with all the lies, lies and more lies. The football club has changed - for the worse. Plenty I know will not renew/haven’t renewed. Supported the club since 76. Never known the ground to be so lacking in atmosphere. “It’s like a library, its like a library”.

Edited by fisherrich
  • Like 1

I don't see any reason why I won't renew, I enjoy the day-out; from meeting mates before the game, to being able to justify being in the pubby midday without being judged to moaning about everything on the way home.

That said, it's difficult to disagree with the posts that raise issues and I've never felt more like a customer than a fan than I have done this last 18 months.

If that is what they're aiming for, they're doing a great job, I turn up, I watch the game, I go home. But there is nothing else that they're offering that either makes me want to part with either my cash or my time to help them get what they need to go to the next level. The club shop.... Nah, on the few occasions I've had to go in there, either they didn't have anything or if they did, it was Bears branded. The food/drink options.... Yes, there is a bit more varity outside the stadium, but inside it's very much 'just pick the concession with the shortest queue so you get to disappointment land quicker', and the quality is questionable. 

So my transaction with the club now is 'they sell tickets to watch a football match and I buy one'. If they come knocking for some sort of lottery, club event, black-tie dinner or end-of-year disco (not that they have ever done that before), it'll be a 'no thanks' from me. 

You can also wager that if (and I don't see it happening any time soon) we did make the Premiership, there wouldn't be a single glance from the current administrators to look back at those who've spent decades and thousands of pounds supporting them, if they can exchange your regular support for some entity who might only want to shell out for top flight games, they'll boot the lot of us and then moan that we didn't rush back when they got relegated. 

Edited by Bristol Rob
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Worrying trend so far, for the owners with approx 45% of the votes cast are no or not sure. It will be interesting to see what the reaction is if prices rise more than 3-5% in March.

I’d be surprised if season ticket sales were massively down for next season if at all, think we’ve been ticking slowly up. Expect us to finish mid table and people will renew plus new sales for the increasing younger age group demographic. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Out of his pie crust said:

I’d be surprised if season ticket sales were massively down for next season if at all, think we’ve been ticking slowly up. Expect us to finish mid table and people will renew plus new sales for the increasing younger age group demographic. 

^ This.

You only had to hear the questions being raised at the fans forum to realise that whilst a lot of people on here are vocal about what they aren't comfortable with at the moment, there are another 5 fans who will question nothing whatsoever.