IGNORED

S/T holders - will you renew?

Meh

S/T holders -23/24 renewals  

399 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, italian dave said:

I don’t think they’ll worry too much about polls on here, least of all with a few months still to go.

Remember the polls about whether we should sack Pearson?! 

I agree, but if they drop 2/3000 sales they may start getting twitchy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, italian dave said:

I don’t think they’ll worry too much about polls on here, least of all with a few months still to go.

Remember the polls about whether we should sack Pearson?! 

You extrapolate it out though.

The way in which they can quell unrest is for Manning to win games and build a style, hope.and momentum. Winning games gives him breathing space.

Anything else well warm words, PR or other such items I don't think will cut it.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

13 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

I agree, but if they drop 2/3000 sales they may start getting twitchy.

They would, but I don't think that will happen.

Post covid a few speculated that streaming would be the new norm for a lot of folk and attendances would be down across all divisions, but unlike pubs, football has shown itself to be pretty resilient to disruption.

Hopefully our support will reflect the true City supporter, not the casual as if it's just something for the kids day out thing, full of pop and burgers. They can get that at the local cinema. Mind you looking around the ground at matchdays it would need a bomb to stir some, no singing, no nothing, so boring.

Can you imagine if we had the support similar to LU-ON we would be up there with the best, thank God I was part of the old East End ...something to remember, may not suit the average punter now but it wasn't half bad,,even in the 4th Division atmosphere was rocking. 

So don't renew if you won't commit, rather have 8,000 true reds than half hearted support.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Hopefully our support will reflect the true City supporter, not the casual as if it's just something for the kids day out thing, full of pop and burgers. They can get that at the local cinema. Mind you looking around the ground at matchdays it would need a bomb to stir some, no singing, no nothing, so boring.

Can you imagine if we had the support similar to LU-ON we would be up there with the best, thank God I was part of the old East End ...something to remember, may not suit the average punter now but it wasn't half bad,,even in the 4th Division atmosphere was rocking. 

So don't renew if you won't commit, rather have 8,000 true reds than half hearted support.

So the only way to support City is YOUR way.

Thanks, Donald.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

They would, but I don't think that will happen.

Post covid a few speculated that streaming would be the new norm for a lot of folk and attendances would be down across all divisions, but unlike pubs, football has shown itself to be pretty resilient to disruption.

If we were to go on a dismal run and get relegated (I certainly don't see it) we would lose a few thousand easily but to be honest if that looked like happening even your average apathetic Bristolian would be reacting long before then. Manning really shouldn't get us in that position - we have an average group of players for the level who are a pretty honest bunch too so if we were in that scenario he would have no excuse whatsoever and Tinnion would have to die on his sword and sling his hook too. However that would be tantamount to turning a cheap wine into water at Championship level. Shouldn't happen/can't happen. Manning is here to go in the other direction!!

1 hour ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Absolute rubbish!

62 years man and boy supporting this club and I won't renew.

You carry on keeping in place a lying hierarchy if you wish but I've had it with crayon boy and our ex failed manager.

We had Gould and Pearson, then Phil Alexander and Pearson. If you honestly think Manning and Tinnion is better than either of those then I feel sorry for you.

The club hierarchy and the supporters are further apart than ever with the powers that be taking no notice of us. Why? Because they don't give a shit!!!

Interesting poll about season ticket renewals. Only 41% say they will definitely renew. That's an incredibly low number.

• Like 7
  • Flames 3

On 05/12/2023 at 16:29, italian dave said:

Is that just to get into the fans village? I always go into the ground via the Ashton Rd/ Dolman entrance. I’ve never ever been asked for my ticket - phone or card - all the years I’ve been going in that way. Not til I get to the turnstile, obviously! 

I go in past KFC and get stopped by the stewards stood by the bollards every time, it’s a pain.

Edited by luke_bristol

2 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I haven’t been stopped there all season. I wonder if it’s a timing thing (I normally rock up about 45 mins to go)

We’re always at AG between 60-90 mins before KO, so they might just be bored as it’s quieter then, plus I’m 6 foot 4 so probably just look a bit shifty. My 4 year old daughter as well ;) 

35 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

We’re always at AG between 60-90 mins before KO, so they might just be bored as it’s quieter then, plus I’m 6 foot 4 so probably just look a bit shifty. My 4 year old daughter as well ;) 

Blimey! Did you nurture her in a grow bag?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, freezer said:

And if we lose our next two.........

That’s my point, an emotional response based on results and the same that we see every season before everyone changes their mind and renews. It’s a flawed poll right now. Same last season and the one before that. If we get to renewal time, have lost a load of games, are in a relegation scrap and the football is shite then people will think seriously think about it given the way Lansdown and Tinnion acted. If we are on for a 10th placed finish the vast majority of the 33% or whatever it is will be renewing.

51 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

That’s my point, an emotional response based on results and the same that we see every season before everyone changes their mind and renews. It’s a flawed poll right now. Same last season and the one before that. If we get to renewal time, have lost a load of games, are in a relegation scrap and the football is shite then people will think seriously think about it given the way Lansdown and Tinnion acted. If we are on for a 10th placed finish the vast majority of the 33% or whatever it is will be renewing.

If we are on for a TENTH placed finish?

You do realise, according to @Kid in the Riot we were EIGHTH  When Nige was sacked? I didn't take much notice as I was so ******* pissed off with the decision.

The last game I saw was home to Ipswich. We were bloody unlucky to lose. Poor goalkeeping by Max and a very unlucky shot onto post only for the ball to run along the line.

There was real fight in that team who did unbelievably well considering getting on for 10 or so regulars were out injured.

Also, JL and BT...... Not ONE of those players looked UNCONDITIONED!!!!! They finished the stronger team. Another lie, another bollocks of an excuse!

TENTH? LMFAO 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

You do realise, according to @Kid in the Riot we were EIGHTH  When Nige was sacked? I didn't take much notice as I was so ******* pissed off with the decision.

The last game I saw was home to Ipswich. We were bloody unlucky to lose. Poor goalkeeping by Max and a very unlucky shot onto post only for the ball to run along the line.

There was real fight in that team who did unbelievably well considering getting on for 10 or so regulars were out injured.

Also, JL and BT...... Not ONE of those players looked UNCONDITIONED!!!!! They finished the stronger team. Another lie, another bollocks of an excuse!

TENTH? LMFAO 

For info we were 15th after Cardiff when Nige was sacked, but 11th after Fleming was relieved of his duties as Interim, after he beat Wednesday.

The first whisperings I heard was after Leeds when we were 14th, then after Coventry we were back up to 8th, then 13th after Ipswich.

For the season so far, we have always won at least as many as we’ve lost, until the Cardiff game when we dipped to one more loss than wins….hardly a game to make a final judgement though, imho!

For me a simple barometer of wins minus losses will allow us to get a view of progress overall.  LM started “level zero” - 6 wins / 6 losses.  I’m not gonna take 4 games and judge that we’ve worsened to 7 wins / 8 losses….but I will look at the end of January.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

For info we were 15th after Cardiff when Nige was sacked, but 11th after Fleming was relieved of his duties as Interim, after he beat Wednesday.

The first whisperings I heard was after Leeds when we were 14th, then after Coventry we were back up to 8th, then 13th after Ipswich.

For the season so far, we have always won at least as many as we’ve lost, until the Cardiff game when we dipped to one more loss than wins….hardly a game to make a final judgement though, imho!

For me a simple barometer of wins minus losses will allow us to get a view of progress overall.  LM started “level zero” - 6 wins / 6 losses.  I’m not gonna take 4 games and judge that we’ve worsened to 7 wins / 8 losses….but I will look at the end of January.

Thanks Dave and sorry but like I said I was unsure.

So we were 11th after Sheffield Wednesday.

Do you think that supporters will be happy with a tenth place finish as @Numero Uno stated?

What happened to all the " top end of the table" talk?

25 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Thanks Dave and sorry but like I said I was unsure.

Yeah I know, just for benefit of others.

So we were 11th after Sheffield Wednesday.

yep. 4 points off 6th.

Do you think that supporters will be happy with a tenth place finish as @Numero Uno stated?

Yes, if we are in the mix going into the final rounds of the season, ie we’ve given it a decent go.  No, if it was over ages before and it’s just a few late season results jumping us up the table.

What happened to all the " top end of the table" talk?

nothing, still holding them to that, I think many others are too…and rightly so.

⬆️⬆️⬆️

1 hour ago, Galley is our king said:

TENTH? LMFAO 

If you are going to roll on the floor laughing or not have an arse at the end of it, whatever, at least get the facts right first. We were in EIGHTH a couple of weeks before Nige got the sack then he got more injuries and we slipped a bit which gave the Snake his chance to stick the fangs in. Not everybody thinks as black and white as you seem to think this might all play out on the basis that I have lost count of the number of seasons where people have thrown their toys out and said "sod it, had enough, been watching for ninety eight and a half years, they've finished me, I'm not going any more" and yet there we are the following season with the same or more season ticket holders and those same people seem to have an in-depth knowledge of what happened during a particular game...........almost as if they attended it.

Btw who hangs on every word a couple of idiots say? They are wrong and we all know it. If you want to "LMFAO" about something then you would do well to start with that "Top 6 Squad" statement for a start. I only care about those idiots insofar as the quicker their arses are kicked out of the club the better - unfortunately that won't happen in one case for obvious reasons but I sincerely hope that the other complete and utter fraud gets what should be coming to him. You know, the one who had a great left foot but would pull out of a 50/50 with a wet paper bag.

It's not about being "happy" and dancing our way down the Lansdown Concourse with a tenth placed finish, albeit that is a very REALISTIC target for a squad of such average ability as we have. My point is that if we hit that finish in line with our ability we WILL NOT be losing 33% of season ticket holders - 100% guaranteed. At least half of the people spouting hot air in this poll will be renewing next season - again, GUARANTEED, don't care what bollocks they come out with. Why? Because they literally say the same sodding thing EVERY SEASON when a bad run comes along. Like I said earlier, if we find ourselves in TROUBLE, a completely unacceptable scenario that the evidence PROVES beyond reasonable doubt Nige would not have had us in, by February/March then season ticket renewal does get interesting otherwise it's same old, same old.

1 hour ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

.... but never seemingly with so much, doing so (comparatively) little? 

Interesting one. Kneejerk response is to say never…..but actually I’m not sure that the case!

We’re in the longest unbroken spell in the second tier in half a century. Not only that, we’re “established” - we’ve finished top half three of the last 6 seasons, and not seriously in relegation trouble the other three. We’ve not been that strong for half a century either.

And, at the same time, the context is so much more different now than it was, say 25 years ago. The distortions of parachute payments, the sheer wealth that we’re competing against nowadays - the PL is more of a world league and in second tier we have to compete with the likes of Leicester, Leeds, Southampton, - it’s got infinitely more difficult and the inequality is far worse than it was even a decade ago, never mind 25 years plus. 

7 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Interesting one. Kneejerk response is to say never…..but actually I’m not sure that the case!

We’re in the longest unbroken spell in the second tier in half a century. Not only that, we’re “established” - we’ve finished top half three of the last 6 seasons, and not seriously in relegation trouble the other three. We’ve not been that strong for half a century either.

And, at the same time, the context is so much more different now than it was, say 25 years ago. The distortions of parachute payments, the sheer wealth that we’re competing against nowadays - the PL is more of a world league and in second tier we have to compete with the likes of Leicester, Leeds, Southampton, - it’s got infinitely more difficult and the inequality is far worse than it was even a decade ago, never mind 25 years plus. 

Some decent context there......add in the context of the FFFP situation we have navigated ourselves out of and it makes the top 6 speak all the more remarkable (I'm being kind) from those in charge.

8 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Some decent context there......add in the context of the FFFP situation we have navigated ourselves out of and it makes the top 6 speak all the more remarkable (I'm being kind) from those in charge.

The problem (if you’d call it that) is that we’ve done it in a way that makes us the ultimate in “steady eddies”. In 40 years we’ve not been anywhere other than the middle two tiers. And with rare exceptions, either top half of the third tier or bottom half of the second.

Compare that to, say, Luton. In half that time they’ve been through every division in the league, plus a spell in non-league for good measure!

I’m not really trying to make this about the rights and wrongs of decisions made in the recent past. That’s being done to death elsewhere, and in any case, this is more about the longer, bigger picture.

I think you could say that we’re in as good a position now as we’ve been in half a century, and that we’ve done that in increasingly difficult circumstances. But we’ve done it by incredibly slow and tiny steps!!

What I think is undoubted is that the current ownership is characterised by caution, and the above reflects that. Contrast us with, say Villa and with Reading. Both gambled with FFFP and with splashing the cash. Villa got away with it. Reading didn’t. We kind of tried but we baled out the moment it looked like going wrong. Not necessarily a bad thing? But boring! 

Aston Villa had some unique fortune too without labouring the point.

The HS2 improved their FFP position by up to £17.494m and at minimum £14.494m.

Purely an accident of Geography that. We all know about the stadium 'sale' but they got either £14.494m or £17.494m via HS2 over their 2 years.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous