IGNORED

S/T holders - will you renew?

Meh

S/T holders -23/24 renewals  

399 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

Haven’t been down since NP was sacked.

Lansdowns need to go before I go back. Fed up with all the lies, lies and more lies. The football club has changed - for the worse. Plenty I know will not renew/haven’t renewed. Supported the club since 76. Never known the ground to be so lacking in atmosphere. “It’s like a library, its like a library”.

We hear this every season and it turns out to be bollocks. Don't get me wrong, if Manning doesn't get us playing better in the next few months, next February/March "could" be interesting and the time when more than history tells us is usual politely advise Steve to stick his club right up his arse, sideways. However, until we get there, we know that the "norm" is all these thousands of fans threatening not to renew either do change their mind and renew, proving it was all a load of hot air rubbish they were spouting, or do give up and mysteriously get replaced very quickly.......I know which one I think it is.

I also completely agree with @Bristol Robthough - if by some absolute fluke the Lansdown's did get us to the Prem Bristol Sport FC would happily charge loyal, longstanding supporters out of a season ticket under the guise of "we've got to be able to compete". Been going 35 years and can't afford a £1500 season ticket? "Well you had better watch us on the tv until we get relegated and Johnny Come Lately, who can afford one, ***** off then". That would be so predictably BCFC and I think a few are in for a shock they weren't expecting if their "dream" does happen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

We hear this every season and it turns out to be bollocks. Don't get me wrong, if Manning doesn't get us playing better in the next few months, next February/March "could" be interesting and the time when more than history tells us is usual politely advise Steve to stick his club right up his arse, sideways. However, until we get there, we know that the "norm" is all these thousands of fans threatening not to renew either do change their mind and renew, proving it was all a load of hot air rubbish they were spouting, or do give up and mysteriously get replaced very quickly.......I know which one I think it is.

I also completely agree with @Bristol Robthough - if by some absolute fluke the Lansdown's did get us to the Prem Bristol Sport FC would happily charge loyal, longstanding supporters out of a season ticket under the guise of "we've got to be able to compete". Been going 35 years and can't afford a £1500 season ticket? "Well you had better watch us on the tv until we get relegated and Johnny Come Lately, who can afford one, ***** off then". That would be so predictably BCFC and I think a few are in for a shock they weren't expecting if their "dream" does happen.

None more so than me! - Adult, lower Lansdown, Centre Blocks.

I dread to think what they'd want for a season ticket. 

13 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

^ This.

You only had to hear the questions being raised at the fans forum to realise that whilst a lot of people on here are vocal about what they aren't comfortable with at the moment, there are another 5 fans who will question nothing whatsoever. 

I probably know maybe 20 odd season ticket holders , as far as I know all of which are renewing bar 1 and that’s a maybe. Most are longstanding/lifelong fans, many not exactly overjoyed with events of the last months, but take the ups and downs of the club with a pinch of salt and realism. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

Worrying trend so far, for the owners with approx 45% of the votes cast are no or not sure. It will be interesting to see what the reaction is if prices rise more than 3-5% in March.

I don’t think they’ll worry too much about polls on here, least of all with a few months still to go.

Remember the polls about whether we should sack Pearson?! 

28 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Let them keep funding Steve’s nest egg. A lot of old skool City fans dont go now - fact. Replaced by modern day Happy Clappers who are happy to keep paying it. Many will pay £1500 in the Prem (:laugh:) when City get there.

5 of us City now pay £5/game to watch local rugby currently, until Steve ***** off. Saves me paying Lansdowns £60/home game. 

• Thanks 1

I ticked 'highly unlikely' on the off chance that one of the Lansdown's looks at the results of the poll. Hopefully lots of no's will scare them into making better decisions...

But of course I will. It makes me bloody miserable at times but I'm in this now. CTID and all that.

Just now, Ghost Rider said:

Could we have the biggest bed wetting bunch of Karens in the world? 

Absolutely buzzing to listen to the backtracking come the end of the season. Got god sake, pulls yourselves together. 

Listen to you all 😂

Emotion Reaction GIF

Out of curiosity GR, where will we be at the end of the season to make the 'bed wetting Karens' backtrack?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

You tell me, I’m not a bed wetter. I’d like to think 9th and above, but because everyone will use Jon Lansdowns “top 6 side” it will be that. 

It's about keeping the owners honest. You can't say 'X was sacked for not being in the top 6' then pat Y on the back for finishing 9th.

A lot of this rubbish would have been avoided if the Lansdown's were more open in their reasons for dismissing Nige, professional differences. Hiding it behind a thin lie was silly, hiding it behind the 'top 6 squad' comment was doomed for failure.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

You tell me, I’m not a bed wetter. I’d like to think 9th and above, but because everyone will use Jon Lansdowns “top 6 side” it will be that. 

If we finish 9th, there won't be any backtracking from anyone. In fact I can only speak for myself and say I would be delighted if we finish 9th under Manning because I can see the job he wants to do and also understand, with the tools he has, that job is going to take him time (as it was the previous Manager). For me acceptability means comfortably avoid relegation, which is what I would have fully expected us to do under Nige, BUT, and this is the big BUT, we have to be showing tangible signs of sustained improvement in performance which means starting to dominate a reasonable number of games, particularly at home, in the opposition half and final third of the pitch. Dominating the ball in our defensive third or playing 20 minutes of quality football and 70 minutes of uninspiring passing to nowhere doesn't count by the way!! If this improvement doesn't occur at some point THIS SEASON then I struggle to see a valid reason for his appointment quite frankly as I believe the continued slow improvement under Nige would serve us better. If you are going to ditch the tortoise for the hare then the hare has to start performing........

• Like 1

Whether I renew will be down to my health. I'm fully behind the team but this season I've only managed one away game (Cardiff) when I'd normally have only missed one by now, and a number of recent home games as I've struggled with my breathing. If I get my health sorted I'll renew but not otherwise. If I'm honest while I've missed the day with my mates, after over 60 years of watching City I haven't really missed the football. 

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

3 hours ago, REDOXO said:

I live in Milwaukee. I have two season tickets one of them for a nine year old nephew  

The problems I have transferring tickets are not worth my while to bother with as it takes ages to get through and unless I get the SLO to help (Jerry is a rockstar) have to explain constantly  

The issue stems from buying tickets for a child that are registered to me while being an overseas supporter

Thus there will often be unused seats at a capacity game as I can’t actually make every game. Furthermore when I tried to add an extra seat recently I was told I couldn’t until sale was open to all supporters. But I could buy hospitality, which is what I did. 

As I said in the bit you cut out I appreciate my position is odd. But one thing s for sure I won’t be buying two season tickets next season. 

Ahhh! Yes, and now you say that I  remember you posting about this earlier in the season. And can certainly see why that’s a lot less straightforward than most of us! 

7 hours ago, westonred said:

I'm not against it in any was but what i dont like is when entering the vans village the stewards ask to see my ticket so i have to get my phone out, unlock it, find the app and then show them. Then i get to the turnstyle i then have to take the phone of its case as it doesnt work otherwise 

Is that just to get into the fans village? I always go into the ground via the Ashton Rd/ Dolman entrance. I’ve never ever been asked for my ticket - phone or card - all the years I’ve been going in that way. Not til I get to the turnstile, obviously! 

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

I don't see any reason why I won't renew, I enjoy the day-out; from meeting mates before the game, to being able to justify being in the pubby midday without being judged to moaning about everything on the way home.

That said, it's difficult to disagree with the posts that raise issues and I've never felt more like a customer than a fan than I have done this last 18 months.

If that is what they're aiming for, they're doing a great job, I turn up, I watch the game, I go home. But there is nothing else that they're offering that either makes me want to part with either my cash or my time to help them get what they need to go to the next level. The club shop.... Nah, on the few occasions I've had to go in there, either they didn't have anything or if they did, it was Bears branded. The food/drink options.... Yes, there is a bit more varity outside the stadium, but inside it's very much 'just pick the concession with the shortest queue so you get to disappointment land quicker', and the quality is questionable. 

So my transaction with the club now is 'they sell tickets to watch a football match and I buy one'. If they come knocking for some sort of lottery, club event, black-tie dinner or end-of-year disco (not that they have ever done that before), it'll be a 'no thanks' from me. 

You can also wager that if (and I don't see it happening any time soon) we did make the Premiership, there wouldn't be a single glance from the current administrators to look back at those who've spent decades and thousands of pounds supporting them, if they can exchange your regular support for some entity who might only want to shell out for top flight games, they'll boot the lot of us and then moan that we didn't rush back when they got relegated. 

Lots there that reflects how I feel too Rob.

To be honest, the whole ‘customer’ thing doesn’t worry me as much as it does others. But if I’m going to be a customer, and a loyal and long standing customer at that, the I expect to get a good customer service.

And the last year or so it’s got noticeably worse. The food as you say: it’s got so much worse. The variety and the quality inside the ground used to be the best at any ground I went to (and I go to quite a few) - and by a long way. Now it’s largely bog standard football fare.

I used to find it relatively straightforward to get a helpful response to a query from customer services - to whatever they’re called. Now, email after email simply goes unanswered and unacknowledged.

I’m not getting too worried about the PL yet! But yes it would have some down sides too. I’ve been finding out something about Arsenal tickets for a friend recently. Wow! @REDOXO mentioned earlier the option of going for hospitality as an alternative way of getting tickets at City. You can do that at Arsenal too - if you’ve got £900 a person to spare! Or a package for 4 at £10K. And, for the avoidance of doubt, that’s for one game. 

Edited by italian dave

I’m undecided as train strikes etc make going to home games a long day but renewed this season as had a feeling of FOMO whilst we were under Nige. 

Whilst under the new head coach I’ve seen glimpses like the first half at Southampton I’ve kind lost that FOMO

Ideally for me the club would introduce a more flexible season ticket which would allow me to pick and choose games more as the choice currently is getting a season ticket or being a member and paying silly matchday prices with a small discount 

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Lots there that reflects how I feel too Rob.

To be honest, the whole ‘customer’ thing doesn’t worry me as much as it does others. But if I’m going to be a customer, and a loyal and long standing customer at that, the I expect to get a good customer service.

And the last year or so it’s got noticeably worse. The food as you say: it’s got so much worse. The variety and the quality inside the ground used to be the best at any ground I went to (and I go to quite a few) - and by a long way. Now it’s largely bog standard football fare.

I used to find it relatively straightforward to get a helpful response to a query from customer services - to whatever they’re called. Now, email after email simply goes unanswered and unacknowledged.

I’m not getting too worried about the PL yet! But yes it would have some down sides too. I’ve been finding out something about Arsenal tickets for a friend recently. Wow! @REDOXO mentioned earlier the option of going for hospitality as an alternative way of getting tickets at City. You can do that at Arsenal too - if you’ve got £900 a person to spare! Or a package for 4 at £10K. And, for the avoidance of doubt, that’s for one game. 

The Heineken lounge is quite reasonable and is fun with lunch a free beer and talk. Shaun Goater was fun!!

For one or two reasons I’ve been comped before luckily but you get a 10% discount on the total price if you are a season ticket holder. And of course you can sell your match tickets to help with the price. (I won’t but my nephews may be ok for free tickets to the Leeds game) 

Just now, REDOXO said:

The Heineken lounge is quite reasonable and is fun with lunch a free beer and talk. Shaun Goater was fun!!

For one or two reasons I’ve been comped before luckily but you get a 10% discount on the total price if you are a season ticket holder. And of course you can sell your match tickets to help with the price. (I won’t but my nephews may be ok for free tickets to the Leeds game) 

Definitely. I’ve been there a couple of times and enjoyed it. And for a non season ticket holder it’s a not completely unrealistic option as a way of getting a ticket. 

You were lucky with Shaun Goater - I’d have loved to see him. 

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Whether I renew will be down to my health. I'm fully behind the team but this season I've only managed one away game (Cardiff) when I'd normally have only missed one by now, and a number of recent home games as I've struggled with my breathing. If I get my health sorted I'll renew but not otherwise. If I'm honest while I've missed the day with my mates, after over 60 years of watching City I haven't really missed the football. 

Agreed. The tippy/tappy stuff across the back 4 is not what I pay to watch.

The historical culture at City is to entertain, which ain't going to happen with the current owners. Still want City to do well as supported this club for a very long time. But had enough of the current shambolic owners.

3 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Think that scenario is even more likely with a change of ownership that some crave

58 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Is that just to get into the fans village? I always go into the ground via the Ashton Rd/ Dolman entrance. I’ve never ever been asked for my ticket - phone or card - all the years I’ve been going in that way. Not til I get to the turnstile, obviously! 

Yes both ends of the Ground by Atyeo Statue and also the Ashton Park end of Marina Dolman Way they ask to see your tickets

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Do the local hard-nuts sing " We are Milwaukee, We are Milwaukee, No-one likes us, We don't care " ?

No they just shoot you and Knick your wallet n watch. 

They could do with some English hard nut culture downtown! We need less morticians on the public purse!

3 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

It's about keeping the owners honest. You can't say 'X was sacked for not being in the top 6' then pat Y on the back for finishing 9th.

A lot of this rubbish would have been avoided if the Lansdown's were more open in their reasons for dismissing Nige, professional differences. Hiding it behind a thin lie was silly, hiding it behind the 'top 6 squad' comment was doomed for failure.

Exactly, just a load more bullshit from some who post on here. People are waking up to the Lansdowns but by Christ some cant see it still.

• Like 1