IGNORED

Club shop - shocking lack of merchandise and shirts

Shauntaylor85

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Were they? I really don’t remember away fans ever  being in the old EE, but I do remember the Sheffield Wednesday fans in the days when Trevor Francis was their manager in the open end (where the Atyeo is now is) when it was snowing heavily and the PA system ( you could hear it back then) that trains from Temple Meads had been cancelled………:rofl2br:.That would have been the early 90s before the Atyeo was built

So…..that’s where away fans have been for several decades.

Early onset?

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Were they? I really don’t remember away fans ever  being in the old EE, but I do remember the Sheffield Wednesday fans in the days when Trevor Francis was their manager in the open end (where the Atyeo is now is) when it was snowing heavily and the PA system ( you could hear it back then) that trains from Temple Meads had been cancelled………:rofl2br:.That would have been the early 90s before the Atyeo was built

So…..that’s where away fans have been for several decades.

Many of our biggest matches in the last 20 years were played with away fans in the EE. Cardiff play off 2003, Hartlepool play off 2004, Rotherham promotion game 2007, Palace play off 2008, the most recent Bristol derby in 2013. In fact fans of my generation (age 40) might tend to think of the old EE as an away end more than a home one.

Genuinely bizarre that you can’t recall it.

Edited by ChippenhamRed
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Many of our biggest matches in the last 20 years were played with away fans in the EE. Cardiff play off 2003, Hartlepool play off 2004, Rotherham promotion game 2007, Palace play off 2008, the most recent Bristol derby in 2013. In fact fans of my generation (age 40) might tend to think of the old EE as an away end more than a home one.

Genuinely bizarre that you can’t recall it.

I find difficult to recall decades let alone individual seasons CR. They tend to all blend into one.

However, I vaguely remember the old EE being full of gasheads when we played them in something or other. Devon White was playing for them - must have been the late 80s or early 90s.

11 hours ago, Robbored said:

The shop is just too small and consequently has limited space for a wider selection of stock. 

That said where else around the stadium could the shop go?

The could have designed a bigger shop in when they built the South Stand and West Stand.

We won't get anything better now if/until the sporting quarter takes shape.

Just to come back to this, there is now a statement on the website as follows: -

Following unprecedented demand for the 23/24 Bristol City Away Kit, we are currently out of stock of online but have limited stock in-store. Additional stock will be added to the site and store, in the coming weeks.

What an absolutely shambolic state of affairs. The "coming weeks" won't cut it for Christmas. Also, why hold certain stock in the shop only? Not all of us live in Bedminster. Have I really got to make a special trip to the stadium for the mere possibility of finding something in my son's size? Why not just make whatever you do have available online?

There is currently not a single kit in stock that I can buy for my 13 year old. Not one.

I don't buy "unprecendented demand". They haven't even got any yellow shirts and most people hate that one.

Absolutely inexcusable at this time of year.

Edited by ChippenhamRed
  • Like 3
  • Flames 1

And while I'm ranting - thought I'd buy a cap for my Dad for his birthday coming up. £15. Not too bad (no idea about the quality though). Clicked through....postage is £5.95 for "tracked courier delivery"....SIX POUNDS! And why the hell do I need a tracked courier delivery for a hat?!

HOW ARE WE SO CRAP AT EVERYTHING

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

And while I'm ranting - thought I'd buy a cap for my Dad for his birthday coming up. £15. Not too bad (no idea about the quality though). Clicked through....postage is £5.95 for "tracked courier delivery"....SIX POUNDS! And why the hell do I need a tracked courier delivery for a hat?!

HOW ARE WE SO CRAP AT EVERYTHING

Go for the £39.95 personal fitting option Chip

Dave Barton will hand deliver and adjust and fit said cap 👍🏻

Just now, Dollymarie said:

It’s the 13th of December, and still no calendars in the shop. I checked yesterday. Or rather I tried to go in the shop yesterday, but it was shut, I just happened to bump into Jerry who was at the ground, and he went and looked round the closed shop for me. 

Is Jerry away of the general dissastisfaction around the merchandise Dolly? I hope it’s been fed back.

Club should be embarassed.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

It’s the 13th of December, and still no calendars in the shop. I checked yesterday. Or rather I tried to go in the shop yesterday, but it was shut, I just happened to bump into Jerry who was at the ground, and he went and looked round the closed shop for me. 

Dear oh dear.

It’s like they don’t really want the money.

I gave up buying merchandise years ago but they are literally turning money away with their amateur approach.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Dear oh dear.

It’s like they don’t really want the money.

I gave up buying merchandise years ago but they are literally turning money away with their amateur approach.

Yep. Would have bought a shirt and a cap today. About £70. For different reasons they ended up not getting a penny from me.

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Just to come back to this, there is now a statement on the website as follows: -

Following unprecedented demand for the 23/24 Bristol City Away Kit, we are currently out of stock of online but have limited stock in-store. Additional stock will be added to the site and store, in the coming weeks.

What an absolutely shambolic state of affairs. The "coming weeks" won't cut it for Christmas. Also, why hold certain stock in the shop only? Not all of us live in Bedminster. Have I really got to make a special trip to the stadium for the mere possibility of finding something in my son's size? Why not just make whatever you do have available online?

There is currently not a single kit in stock that I can buy for my 13 year old. Not one.

I don't buy "unprecendented demand". They haven't even got any yellow shirts and most people hate that one.

Don't get me started on this absolute shit-show.

As mentioned on a previous thread. I'm an exile who lives 2.5 hours away from Bristol, with 2 young kids (10yr old boy and 7 yr old girl) who mainly live with their mum 3.5hours from Bristol. Each year in Oct, for his birthday I've bought my son a full kit with his surname and age printed on the back. This year; no away or third shirts (the two he likes) available online to buy for months, but even if they were available, printing is no longer available for online orders. Result, my son has to go without, and now starts talking about Arsenal away kits instead.

Out of nowhere, my daughter last weekend asked for her first football kit for Xmas, citing she liked the "Pink Messi kit" my stepson bought on holiday. Now, I know our Pink goalkeeper kit would be perfect for her, so without even thinking about stock I asked if she would like a Pink Bristol City kit. Excitedly she replied "yes!", and the smile on my face was wide as a cheshire cat, but then it hit me... with the dread in my mind I ventured online to see if there was anything available for Youths, and sure as eggs are eggs there's nothing in the GK section. Some Green youth keeper socks, some black home keeper socks, a green toddler kit and a green infant kit. No shirts, no shorts, the square root of bugger all.

Having stock issues with kids stuff is inexcusable at any time of the year, because for us parents it's how we can maintain & nurture our children's connection to the club, as the next germination of fans.

Edited by kmpowell
  • Like 2
  • Flames 3

The club shop and online offerings are worse than it has ever been! Back in the 80s you could get bristol city anything!

Now you cant get anything, its bizarre! I wanted to get bristol city darts, there are none but you can get gas ones from their “shop”! 

The online shop is a complete joke, the worst online shop ever! Its impossible to find anything! Created by a child in sure!

******* sort it out

• Like 2

Just had a look at Forest Green’s online shop as a comparison.

https://www.fgr.co.uk/shop/collection/replica-kit

Nice, clean, mobile-friendly interface. Cool kits that will appeal to young people. Recognised brand (Umbro). Most importantly: ALL KITS IN STOCK IN ALL SIZES.

How can they get it so right while we get it so wrong?!

8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Just had a look at Forest Green’s online shop as a comparison.

https://www.fgr.co.uk/shop/collection/replica-kit

Nice, clean, mobile-friendly interface. Cool kits that will appeal to young people. Recognised brand (Umbro). Most importantly: ALL KITS IN STOCK IN ALL SIZES.

How can they get it so right while we get it so wrong?!

They make their own from discarded cardboard and grass cuttings 

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Leave Crayon Boy in charge and this the cluster omnishambles you end up with. Of course, the way we are playing right now, little need to worry about supply issues from O’Neills as there will be a lot less demand in League 1. Maybe Crayon Boy is a genius after all - 2 or more steps ahead!

On 13/12/2023 at 19:33, ChippenhamRed said:

Is Jerry away of the general dissastisfaction around the merchandise Dolly? I hope it’s been fed back.

Club should be embarassed.

I’d love to get an honest answer from someone.

Even if it was - we just can’t be arsed with club merch- at least we’d know. But maybe there’s a genuine answer out there, can’t think what it’d be after all these years. 

9 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Even if it was - we just can’t be arsed with club merch- at least we’d know. But maybe there’s a genuine answer out there, can’t think what it’d be after all these years. 

My 2p…when you’ve got an operating model where different teams (companies) own different bits, it is really easy to lose accountability and responsibility.

Poor old Jerry is asked to front-up to City fans when the Store is not run by BCFC, but within Bristol Sport instead.  I bet he can’t even get straight answers!!!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

The thing that gets me is that merchandise isn’t that hard to get right, but very important to get right.

It’s a key element in the club’s marketing as well as a very useful revenue stream. As fans we are effectively paying them to advertise the club for themand increase brand awareness in the local area, the rest of the country and even the rest of the world.

And yet we’re crap at it. We either sell second rate crap, or we don’t sell anything at all because no one wants it or we haven’t got any in stock. It’s mad.

• Like 3