IGNORED

Separating the truth from fiction (I’m encouraged)

Harry

26 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

My own expectations were for us to be challenging for the play offs under Pearson.

2 points away at Huddersfield and QPR is shit mate. Yes it's better than losing but we're never going to be getting to the Premier league if we're thinking a point at a team that's likely to be relegated is a positive. 

We need to be angry at ourselves that we only got a point. 

No I wouldn't have been. I'd have been saying the same as I likely did when we drew there last season. 

My personal expectation is top half but obviously the board is higher, Huddersfield for me will go down so naturally I wanted all 3 but QPR were always a managerial change away from looking good and pushing up the table again. When you consider that and the fact that Manning had two days of work with the players I’d say that’s a decent point 

15 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

You need to let it go mate

Why? Just because you're happy to put up with complete bull shit and LIES from the hierarchy of our club?

Deliberate lies said to get Pearson sacked. JL and BT should hang their heads in shame.

If you don't care that these shocking ******* people are now in charge of our club.....

THEN I DO!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 3

2 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

My personal expectation is top half but obviously the board is higher, Huddersfield for me will go down so naturally I wanted all 3 but QPR were always a managerial change away from looking good and pushing up the table again. When you consider that and the fact that Manning had two days of work with the players I’d say that’s a decent point 

I don't really subscribe to this. 

For example Wilder came in at Sheffield Utd and instantly had one of the worst Premier league teams in history give Liverpool a game and then today Sheffield Utd beat Brentford. 

So for me the couple of days of training is bs because plenty of managers have gone into clubs and picked up instant results. 

13 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

You're easily pleased.

Think it was more to do with us being absolute pants at home for a long time now. Plus I was not in the country for the 17/18 season.

It was a damn fun game and the people I took with me (who usually don't like football) enjoyed it a lot too, what's wrong with that?

Edited by The Nest Egg
  • Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

36 minutes ago, 38MC said:

Sorry. I just find fact from fiction antagonistic. The facts are the results, the points and the efficacy. All of which are poor. The footballing standard is poor, to the purist it looks good, but it’s poor. This is smelling or SOD MK II where apparently we have to believe in ineffectiveness because given enough time it might look good. 

where Harry and I totally agree is in expectations for LM and this is a lower mid table squad performing as such. Where we disagree is ‘this is encouraging’. I’m not encouraged. And that’s based on facts not fiction for how football should be played. 

In a very basic way, yes , results are facts . But Pearson went through a phase where he stated the importance of performance . 
I thought we played some decent stuff at times, they look much more comfortable in possession but the big thing is the movement. It did look better . As movement improves the football will .

19 minutes ago, 38MC said:

I do understand and agree with the purpose. I’m not a hyperbolist that we pass back and forth with no intent, it is to drag out and to create space. But this should be not at the expense of mixing it up and also going direct when it takes us. Norwich game is case in point for that.

I think we are running down the same line we ran with SOD. playing the game how we think it should be played, not how it should be played for the squad and the limitations our squad has. I’m seeing our tactical approach as a square peg in a round hole. 

Edit - I’m calling myself not a hyperbolist but I am probably very guilty of reacting to the thread title which I think is incredibly disingenuous and also patronising  

I agree with this, I thought we did still do this a few times today and through choice not just because they ran out of ideas or panicked for a change. 

It's clearly a work in progress and I would say 3 players short of being really effective.
But , apart from a worrying habit of getting caught on the break and lack of good finishing , I have seen improvement and I am encouraged.

• Like 1

We've sold £53M of talent to Bournemouth alone, yet here we are, still a mid table Championship side. We were a mid table side lacking investment under the experienced Pearson before. We are still that same side under the inexperienced Manning. I haven't seen much improvement other than going from side to side in "possession based" football which generally goes nowhere without an end product. Is it exciting? Well, at the moment, no it isn't. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

No-one did, and it's rewriting of history to suggest otherwise.

Nige was in charge for 7 home league games this season and won 2 of them.

Yet people bang on about some mythical "winning mentality" he had instilled. And a shot at the play-offs? Pull the other one. 

I like Nige, but we were going to finish midtable with him, and will likely finish midtable without him. 

I would imagine under Nige we may have got a point or more in these fixtures. That would put us a win off the play offs. I think 5th and 6th are anyone’s. No reason why we couldn’t make a push for them. If he was allowed to replace Scott I would have expected it. 

LM has already stated it will take three windows. Excuses at the ready. I want him to succeed and I unlike many won’t fault him for no reason but it’s not been a great start.

I feel everyone is of much of muchness ( bar top 4) Hence we have been in every game and not been soundly beat by anyone. 

13 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Why? Just because you're happy to put up with complete bull shit and LIES from the hierarchy of our club?

Deliberate lies said to get Pearson sacked. JL and BT should hang their heads in shame.

If you don't care that these shocking ******* people are now in charge of our club.....

THEN I DO!!!!!!

Just a point , they didn't lie to get rid of Pearson they didn't need to. They could just sack him and not give a reason.
The problem was they tried to rewrite history, use smoke and mirrors to cover up the real reasons. Which really was stupid as a proper , genuine explanation would have been accepted far more readily.

Excuse me for quoting you to make a point KITR.

16 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Because the relationship between Nige and the board was deteriorating, and Nige was unable to walk for the last 7 weeks of his employment with no prognosis. 

If they had used this as an explanation , just say we don't feel the situation is working with Pearson's health or whatever. Then there wouldn't have been such bad feeling from fans IMO.

1 minute ago, Jose said:

I would imagine under Nige we may have got a point or more in these fixtures. That would put us a win off the play offs. I think 5th and 6th are anyone’s. No reason why we couldn’t make a push for them. If he was allowed to replace Scott I would have expected it. 

LM has already stated it will take three windows. Excuses at the ready. I want him to succeed and I unlike many won’t fault him for no reason but it’s not been a great start.

I feel everyone is of much of muchness ( bar top 4) Hence we have been in every game and not been soundly beat by anyone. 

I  seem to have missed some press stuff this week. Did LM say three windows? I missed that - I saw someone posting that before but thought it was in the context of comparing him to LJ and implying they wouldn't be surprised to hear him say that. Do you know which interview he said that in?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

If they had used this as an explanation , just say we don't feel the situation is working with Pearson's health or whatever. Then there wouldn't have been such bad feeling from fans IMO.

I think they should have just said it wasn't working, I'm pretty sure they can't use his health as a reason without opening themselves up to legal issues. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

I think they should have just said it wasn't working, I'm pretty sure they can't use his health as a reason without opening themselves up to legal issues. 

They could , and should have said so many things. They mad a complete bollox of it. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

The problem is the board have put the pressure on. They sacked a popular manager who was moving us in the right direction and then to justify it they said "  its due to results and wanting us to be in the play offs THIS season because we have a top 10 budget and the players to do achieve it. Therefore appointing manning was to get us there. Had JL and BT not said this then I think as a fan base we would be more patient I think the problem is alot of us feel like we have been lied to and treated like fools.

Edited by BCFC31
  • Like 3
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

The problem is the board have put the pressure on. They sacked a popular manager who was moving us in the right direction and then to justify it they said "  its due to results and wanting us to be in the play offs THIS season because we have a top 10 budget and the players to do achieve it. Therefore appointing manning was to get us there. Had JL and BT not said this then I think as a fan base we would be more patient I think the problem is alot of us feel like we have been lied to and treated like fools.

There should be no annoyance towards Manning, he’s the poor bloke that’s been put in an impossible position due to them being a bunch of cowards when dealing with NP. Unfortunately some fans are so pissed off that the only way to get at BT, JL etc is through Manning. It’s a shame

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rob k said:

There should be no annoyance towards Manning, he’s the poor bloke that’s been put in an impossible position due to them being a bunch of cowards when dealing with NP. Unfortunately some fans are so pissed off that the only way to get at BT, JL etc is through Manning. It’s a shame

That poor bloke has signed a very lucrative contract knowing the situation.  

He knew what he was signing up for. He accepted the challenge. 

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

And he’s 5 games in with a squad that was universally accepted by fans  as not being good enough under NP. It’s not Mannings fault NP was sacked.

• Like 6

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

To be fair none of us know what was said. We know what Jon said in public, we know what Tinnion said in public so we judge them on that, rightly so, but none of us know what conversations Liam Manning had with the Board. So he knows what he signed up for but you are guessing what it is based on comments made solely to justify a sacking, no other reason.........which we all know were complete and utter bullshit and outright lies. It's known, we can repeat it a million times, it's known and it won't change. For all we know if/when top 6 was mentioned Manning might have burst out laughing and said "**** off you daft pair of *****"......we'll never know.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, lenred said:

So we’re back to square one as to why the hell was he given the boot!  And round and round we go…….

I think Nige may have pointed out a few home truths to those above him that wasn't accepted too well, then BT of course took sides with SL & JL as he always has :thumbsup:

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Rob k said:

I agree totally they have put manning in a very difficult position. Unfortunately it is going to take time for manning to adopt his style of play and to bring the players in who can play that way and ship those that can't out the building. I just really hope that the  board back manning in the transfer window if they don't  then thats completely out of order and would of course then make the switch from pearson to Manning completely and utterly pointless.

Edited by BCFC31
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jose said:

I must of missed that. When did manning say it would take three windows ? 

27 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

He’s right though it’s not mannings fault. He was always going to take the job. This is what I mean when I say , it comes across that you want him to fail. You can’t wait to jump on anything negative. Blame the lansdowns & tinnion by all means . Manning though needs time to implement his playing philosophy & (I get the counter argument) get players in that can play his style of football 

Edited by steviestevieneville

19 minutes ago, Rob k said:

At what point does Manning start copping the flack for what he is doing..... Getting a bit bored with the process and behaviours spiel, today it was seemingly stern words at half time. Sooner or later the fan base has to decide whether he is truly the right man for the job. None of the next 6 games could be described as winnable. New Year's Day could be toxic at Ashton Gate.