IGNORED

A message to Jon Lansdown

Alan Dicks

Fact of the matter is with Manning you can’t expect to get instant results, which is what everyone’s comments about it being a top 6 squad even more laughable. I like Manning and I do have full belief that it can come good but if we’re looking at players at their current state, they’re not good enough for where the hierarchy think we should be

• Like 3

Manning would’ve learned a great deal more about his squad from that game. I anticipate he would agree with many on this forum, who, long before his appointment recognized we are a mid-championship team at best, lacking the quality and depth needed to compete at the top end of the table. Despite the comments from JL, BT and GM when NP was sacked.

In particular, we are lacking creativity in midfield (as many said at the time Scott was sold) and it continues to be a concern as to where the goals are going to come from.

We are a hard-working, spirited and enthusiastic squad, but that is simply not enough to be a top end championship contender.

Manning isn’t  to blame for any of this but has been framed by those who recruited him as an upgrade who will play the City way.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, TheSpaniard said:

get behind the team too many desperate for us to lose.

I’m afraid that may be the case for some , all defeats narrow could have been different , Norwich a mugging tbh , did I want Nige gone , no way but many are determined / want Manning to fail to prove the point, but I support this team , have done for too many years , and it ruins my day when we lose , as some stage we have to give this guy a chance instead of abusing him frankly at this stage for no reason , the toxic attitude on here is not healthy 

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

13 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Don’t think OP suggested he should be fired. The decision to sack Nige was wrong but sacking LM 6 games in isn’t the answer.

I did suggest when we incorrectly dismissed Nige going for a ‘stop-gap’ manager til the seasons end. So if it all went to pot as expected we could reassess come summer. Fleming in interim or even a Hail Mary Warnock type! As it is, LM is contracted until the summer of 2026 so has to make this work as dismissal would cost a fair chunk of the Scott money. Here’s hoping he does.

How ridiculous does that contract now seem.  Although it was a poor decision in the first place to give such a long contract.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

I’m afraid that may be the case for some , all defeats narrow could have been different , Norwich a mugging tbh , did I want Nige gone , no way but many are determined / want Manning to fail to prove the point, but I support this team , have done for too many years , and it ruins my day when we lose , as some stage we have to give this guy a chance instead of abusing him frankly at this stage for no reason , the toxic attitude on here is not healthy 

It is not that we wish Manning to fail but the fact that he is failing which is so demoralising 

7 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Manning would’ve learned a great deal more about his squad from that game. I anticipate he would agree with many on this forum, who, long before his appointment recognized we are a mid-championship team at best, lacking the quality and depth needed to compete at the top end of the table. Despite the comments from JL, BT and GM when NP was sacked.

In particular, we are lacking creativity in midfield (as many said at the time Scott was sold) and it continues to be a concern as to where the goals are going to come from.

We are a hard-working, spirited and enthusiastic squad, but that is simply not enough to be a top end championship contender.

Manning isn’t  to blame for any of this but has been framed by those who recruited him as an upgrade who will play the City way.

All of which is true. Yet none of it explains why TGH scored a worldie and was MOTM and then has not started a game since. 

Edited by Southport Red
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

How ridiculous does that contract now seem.  Although it was a poor decision in the first place to give such a long contract.

He speaks well and the Lansdown’s lap that up. I keep saying it, I’m not anti-LM, my disappointment is in J and SL. The 3.5 year contract was the final shoddy decision on top of the shoddy decision pie they baked. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

It’s amazing to me that people genuinely can’t see the good he did for our club. Astounding levels of head-in-sand. 

Yep.  I’ve said elsewhere that I’m constantly amazed at the lack of understanding about the position we were in from some posters on here.  And it’s more than it should be.  It’s beyond comprehension.  Support Manning or don’t support Manning tbh it’s got f all to do with it, but it’s a fact that Pearson took over a complete and utter shit show on and off the pitch.    

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

Lost interest the minute Pearson was sacked and things are only getting worse.

At least before that, we as fans at least had the illusion of having some sort of a say in the club, a bit of influence. Now we all know it’s only the owner’s opinion that matters and sod the rest of the paying lot. I’d take Nige back in a heartbeat as bizarre as it would be.

Never been so disinterested in City, and it’s not just being dramatic. I feel mentally checked out.

• Like 12
  • Flames 3
  • Robin 2

1 minute ago, nebristolred said:

Lost interest the minute Pearson was sacked and things are only getting worse.

At least before that, we as fans at least had the illusion of having some sort of a say in the club, a bit of influence. Now we all know it’s only the owner’s opinion that matters and sod the rest of the paying lot. I’d take Nige back in a heartbeat as bizarre as it would be.

Never been so disinterested in City, and it’s not just being dramatic. I feel mentally checked out.

Stay the course brother. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Fact of the matter is with Manning you can’t expect to get instant results, which is what everyone’s comments about it being a top 6 squad even more laughable. I like Manning and I do have full belief that it can come good but if we’re looking at players at their current state, they’re not good enough for where the hierarchy think we should be

Sorry this is not how it was sold.

We were missold. A solid base was inherited, 40% win ratio, 1.4 PPG, equal or positive GD not certain which.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

He is to blame, they all are.
He bought into the idea we were under performing… the remit was to improve us. He must have believed it was possible otherwise why take the job? 
If he’s only realised we’re mid-table squad after arriving then he’s done a very poor job of researching us. 
Brought in to take us forward. 
So far he’s taken us backwards and softened us up - how many goals are we conceding now? 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Not getting at you. But Manning has precisely no history of getting results over a longer term. His best results actually came instantly at MK Dons after taking over Russell Martin’s side in August. Given time, and the chance to build his own squad, they ended up in the relegation zone (acknowledging they lost Twine but a good coach absorbs that loss without that tailspin),

There is no “fact of the matter” that Manning won’t get instant results but will on long term. In fact, on the limited history the inverse is actually true and I wish people would stop stating proveably incorrect statements as fact,

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Sorry this is not how it was sold.

We were missold. A solid base was inherited, 40% win ratio, 1.4 PPG, equal or positive GD not certain which.

It’s not how it was sold because our chairman is delusional about our squad. It’s a decent squad, my prediction was top half but also very suited to absorbing possession and one dimensional counter attacks. Look at his record at Oxford early on, I know they were massively underperforming but he didn’t win any for a fair few games then instantly hammered someone. I do think he will get it right but not as fast as some fans and definitely the hierarchy think it will

Just now, Charlie BCFC said:

It’s not how it was sold because our chairman is delusional about our squad. It’s a decent squad, my prediction was top half but also very suited to absorbing possession and one dimensional counter attacks. Look at his record at Oxford early on, I know they were massively underperforming but he didn’t win any for a fair few games then instantly hammered someone. I do think he will get it right but not as fast as some fans and definitely the hierarchy think it will

You are under selling a bit. One dimensional country attacking is a bit low, granted Scott is a huge hole, fully fit Naismith, Atkinson, quire possibly McCrorie could bring a bit more but Plymouth, most of the Stoke game, Swansea away, phases of Hull and Millwall away.

Last half hour we put Ipswich under huge pressure and can we discard the WBA first half.

Manning is trying to change too much too soon I think. No we haven't got a top 6 squad, transition is and will be quite painful but it's all so needless.

8 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Not getting at you. But Manning has precisely no history of getting results over a longer term. His best results actually came instantly at MK Dons after taking over Russell Martin’s side in August. Given time, and the chance to build his own squad, they ended up in the relegation zone (acknowledging they lost Twine but a good coach absorbs that loss without that tailspin),

There is no “fact of the matter” that Manning won’t get instant results but will on long term. In fact, on the limited history the inverse is actually true and I wish people would stop stating proveably incorrect statements as fact,

Transition between Martin and Manning would’ve been easy as Martin is heavily possession based. Oxford he didn’t win any of his first 6 games before hammering Cheltenham 4-0. Not saying results long term is guaranteed, I’m just saying that I have hope