IGNORED

A message to Jon Lansdown

Alan Dicks

8 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Does that demeanour impact what happens on the pitch tho if that demeanour is the same with the players in thr changing room? I don't know if footballers do or not but you'd maybe expect that some will watch these interviews. 

Part of Mannings job is to speak to the fans during these interviews if he likes it or not. Pearson was very good at that. I don't want to keep comparing them but it's hard not to. Pearson was always "we will get better and this is how we will get better" Pearson knew what the fans needed to hear, even at times if it was uncomfortable to hear. 

Manning has been in charge of two clubs with quite small fan bases. The pressure from our fans is something he's never experienced before. He needs to learn to do that pretty quickly because that interview doesn't look like he's coping too well with it. 

Footballers will see through “bluff” very quickly…although I’m not saying that is the case here, just saying if you’ve got players who’ve been round the block, they’ll know.

Agree about its part of his duties.  FWIW, I didn’t think the club interview was too bad.  Nobody maintains eye contact 100% of the time, and he doesn’t stare at the ground all the time either.

In certain of job and its scale, this is out of the frying pan of Oxford into one of those huge paella pans you see on holiday!

2 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

"Lansdown" is a suitable name for the two idiots (currently) in control of our club.

With these ego-maniacs at the helm, the only place we're going to land is down.

Where's "Landsup" when you need him?

Landsend [sic] hopefully

Edited by Sturgess
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

37 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

Bristol City (aside from the promotion years in Divs 3&4) has been a constant disappointment in my life.

The levels of underachievement for a city of this size, with a massive catchment area are utterly astounding. When considering the Lansdown era it's abject failure, brought on by incompetence and....

...lack of governance throughout their reign. A good leader knows their deficiencies and has trusted advisors who can bring sense and other opinions to the table. In the Lansdowns we have none of this. We have nobody with deep footballing knowledge at the club. We have no-one steering the ship. We have no-one to hold accountable except for the Lansdowns themselves. And we've been told "this is my club". When it isn't, it's our club. The fans club. Bristol's club. Ironically we had some sort of structure in place just one year ago. and we started to turn the corner.

When someone disagrees and upsets the apple cart - they're fired. They naively think that Gould and Pearson sorted the mess out. Brought in Alexander (who I was actually quite excited about - in that he knew how to run a football club) when Gould left for his dream job. And then both Pearson and Alexander were gone. The work is not yet done. "Alright Nige, we've now fixed all the footballing issues, we couldn't stomach you disagreeing with us any more and we've decided that you're part of the project is done. Sorry your sick and all but get out the club". The ego there is astounding. They are little boys in a mans body.

I don't (yet) have any beef with Manning. But my word in a results business they've been poor. And defending is also poor. We need to ratchet things back up really quickly, because conceding 2 goals a game and scoring 1 means that you lose. Every time. 

Top Post and so true of BCFC.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

Don't be getting too attached Charlie - he's not going to endure....the clock of fate has already started ticking.

And as for 'us' fans thinking he will get it right??....from day one i was hoping he'd get it right - although hoping or believing something are different animals.

The moment we're touching cloth with the bottom three he'll be gone.

He won't.

• Hmmm 1

My message to Jon would be, stick to the crayons (just not on the kits) and get in proper football people like we previously had with PA, NP etc and let them run the club. 

Let experienced football people run the football club. Jon can make the teas and coffees, if he can be trusted with hot liquids that is.

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Entitled Jon, the bored, odd job man tried to fix something that wasn't broke.

He hasn't manage to fix it, but he's certainly fuxed it up.

Time for him to fix off.

Im not actually convinced Lansdown is looking to sell anymore. Maybe he told his son he was too young to lie on the beach in Bermuda and actually go earn his inheritance.

Thats the only reason I can think of for destabilising the club mid season as id suggest we are possibly of less value now than say 6 weeks or so ago. If that doesnt bother senior then his talented issue may be around for the long haul.

Edited by Natchfever
Typo

The worrying thing for me is how the passsing game and playing out from the back was so readily  abandoned last night in favour of Max hoofing it long at every opportunity.  From a coaching/management perspective consistency is key.  Once you start giving out mixed message you’re in trouble.

5 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Im not actually convinced Lansdown is looking to sell anymore. Maybe he told his son he was too young to lie on the beach in Bermuda and actually go earn his inheritance.

Thats the only reason I can think of for destabilising the club mid season as id suggest we are possibly of less value now than say 6 weeks or so ago. If that doesnt bother senior then his talented issue may be around for the long haul.

I definitely think there has been a change in heart from one or both.  That might’ve been stirred by not getting the value they wanted, so they’ve decided to “keep it in the family”!

Still no need to go down such a risky route imho.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Thats the only reason I can think of for destabilising the club mid season as id suggest we are possibly of less value now than say 6 weeks or so ago.

You're right, our value has plummeted recently.

If it falls any further, $teve will have to sell us on Gumtree.

And if he is unable to sell us, he can give us away in the "Freebies" section.

My message to Jon would be leave the footballing decision making to the manager and just stick to looking after the finances.

The constant interference isn’t welcome from any manager who has actual experience of football and definitely those who know how to actually get teams out of the Championship.

Stop meddling! You might not like their style or agree with some of their ideas, but unless we’re in a relegation dog fight keep your finger off the trigger. All the money in the world doesn’t give you better knowledge of the game than any other ordinary supporter.

Micro managing is doomed to failure in any industry let alone football!

1 hour ago, Gert Mare said:

My message to Jon would be leave the footballing decision making to the manager and just stick to looking after the finances.

The constant interference isn’t welcome from any manager who has actual experience of football and definitely those who know how to actually get teams out of the Championship.

Stop meddling! You might not like their style or agree with some of their ideas, but unless we’re in a relegation dog fight keep your finger off the trigger. All the money in the world doesn’t give you better knowledge of the game than any other ordinary supporter.

Micro managing is doomed to failure in any industry let alone football!

Unfortunately that is a message that they have constantly ignored throughout their tenure. 

Micro managing will be in place for as long as they are.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

Agreed @Davefevs - whilst I never wanted NP gone, LM will continue to get my full support (as will the players) as none of this is their fault.

My fear is that if we were to lose the next two games, we then head into Xmas/New Year on a seriously downward spiral and then what would lead to two absolutely huge games against teams around us (Brum and Millwall)……the pressure by that stage would be significant.

I know there’s been a lot said about how LM comes across in interviews but having just watched it back, having slept on the result, I have to say that the signs of a man feeling the pressure (already) was very evident……he will be aware of all the background “noise” re how the supporters are feeling and that can’t be easy for him, having only been here for five weeks.

Now is the time for a vocal, loyal support for Liam and the players - let’s see if they can rise to the challenge.

Testing (& hugely frustrating) times to be a City supporter……again!

Dave

Agree with supporting LM and BCFC. However you sound like a Man Utd fan supporting ETH. You know a seriously bad decision has been made but can’t see a way forward.

what I would give for us to have trusted and invested in Pearson  This is going to take a very long time to repair .

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, Natchfever said:

I’m wondering whether it’s some kind of “Brewsters Millions” scenario where for Jon to get his inheritance he must first lose several million pounds.

It’d explain how he runs the club 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Natchfever said:

Hes certainly made it harder to sell now sliding down the table and trying to sell all that crap that goes with the football.

Whether or not SL is looking to sell he simply can’t.  The Barca Sports model has failed because after two decades of SL City are so far behind Barca in the football pyramid that no seller is likely to buy the whole caboodle and SL has so muddied the corporate waters that he can’t disentangle City from this Gordian Knot of his own making.

I really struggle to see how all this will end