IGNORED

A message to Jon Lansdown

Alan Dicks

50 minutes ago, TheSpaniard said:

Won’t go even in a relegation scrap not that we will be

Tinnion, is that you? The delusion, the illiteracy, and I remember you setting up a scheme in Spain for players who’d been bombed out of clubs. Swapped Twitter (probably on Steve’s orders) to hide behind pseudonym on OTIB, have you? 🤔

Edited by tin
  • Like 1
  • Flames 2

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

You are under selling a bit. One dimensional country attacking is a bit low, granted Scott is a huge hole, fully fit Naismith, Atkinson, quire possibly McCrorie could bring a bit more but Plymouth, most of the Stoke game, Swansea away, phases of Hull and Millwall away.

Last half hour we put Ipswich under huge pressure and can we discard the WBA first half.

Manning is trying to change too much too soon I think. No we haven't got a top 6 squad, transition is and will be quite painful but it's all so needless.

Ipswich game wasn’t that good, other than the Cornick effort which hit the keepers back we didn’t create any big chances. More shots and shots on target tonight than we had in that game.

Agree around the rest good performances but that’s very few in a lot of games Pearson still managed this season, do think performances were very weak towards the end of his tenure. Some you can blame on injuries but the most part we were capable of better 

• Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 1

As well as losing, it’s the number of goals we are now conceding. After years of being poor defensively, Nige finally seemed to have cracked it this season. But we are going backwards at a rate of knots under Manning. And the biggest worry then is that any confidence we had built up is also lost and things just keep spiralling. Doesn’t bode well for Saturday!

18 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Not getting at you. But Manning has precisely no history of getting results over a longer term. His best results actually came instantly at MK Dons after taking over Russell Martin’s side in August. Given time, and the chance to build his own squad, they ended up in the relegation zone (acknowledging they lost Twine but a good coach absorbs that loss without that tailspin),

There is no “fact of the matter” that Manning won’t get instant results but will on long term. In fact, on the limited history the inverse is actually true and I wish people would stop stating proveably incorrect statements as fact,

Agree with all that.

On the MK Dons point, I’ve heard lots of people (not you) say he was unlucky to lose his best players and that shouldn’t really count against him… which I understand to an extent but we’re Bristol City, Bournemouth’s feeder club. He’ll have his best players sold here… so another reason he’s not a great fit for us. 

• Like 4

Just now, Mendip City said:

Agree with all that.

On the MK Dons point, I’ve heard lots of people (not you) say he was unlucky to lose his best players and that shouldn’t really count against him… which I understand to an extent but we’re Bristol City, Bournemouth’s feeder club. He’ll have his best players sold here… so another reason he’s not a great fit for us. 

It’s an interesting point. One of my best mates is an Ipswich fan but based Bicester way so has watched Dons a fair bit and says there was huge difference with and post Twine. But he also says Manning needs time. The basic fact of that if he loses Twine and even with time it turns to ratshit the likelihood is his coaching isn’t that good so time makes no difference.

I’ve got an awful feeling he’s a bluffer. 

• Like 4

I agree with everything regarding the owners and the awful decisions they’ve made.

But just for some perspective, let’s not kid ourselves that this dip in form is due to Manning. We lost five out of NP’s final seven games in charge so the rut had already set in. There were bad periods of last season as well, where you can argue we had a much stronger squad… A year ago for example, we won one game in twelve; including that awful cup performance against Lincoln.

It’s way too early to be saying things like Manning is undoing all of Pearson’s work. There’s no evidence that we’d have any more points if he was still here.

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, tin said:

Tinnion, is that you? The delusion, the illiteracy, and I remember you setting up a scheme in Spain for players who’d been bombed out of clubs. Swapped Twitter (probably on Steve’s orders) to hide behind pseudonym on OTIB, have you? 🤔

No chance.

Spelling is far too good.

• Haha 2

Dear Jon . Congratulations, you have sacked a popular manager who had managed at the very top level because your ego couldn’t handle your utter ineptitude being exposed by his experience and knowledge . In his place you appoint a total rookie who is rapidly appearing to be totally out of his depth and in danger of being swallowed whole by the brutal reality of a Division he’s neither played or managed in . Have the good grace to acknowledge that you are equally out of your depth because your ineptitude is about to undo 25 years of Daddy’s work . 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

28 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

It’s an interesting point. One of my best mates is an Ipswich fan but based Bicester way so has watched Dons a fair bit and says there was huge difference with and post Twine. But he also says Manning needs time. The basic fact of that if he loses Twine and even with time it turns to ratshit the likelihood is his coaching isn’t that good so time makes no difference.

They also lost his strike partner Parrott, and Darling, their best defender. They relied a lot on loanees as well that season who returned to their parent clubs.

A third placed finish in league 1 with 89 points and a fantastic start with Oxford… I’m inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt and If he turns out to be out of his depth after a solid half a season then fair enough.

Edited by Wanderingred

47 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Lost interest the minute Pearson was sacked and things are only getting worse.

At least before that, we as fans at least had the illusion of having some sort of a say in the club, a bit of influence. Now we all know it’s only the owner’s opinion that matters and sod the rest of the paying lot. I’d take Nige back in a heartbeat as bizarre as it would be.

Never been so disinterested in City, and it’s not just being dramatic. I feel mentally checked out.

Yep, I was mightily pissed off when Cotts was booted out and replaced by SL's absurd and selfish personal project, Lee Johnson.

Then spent years mostly really not enjoying watching City until the surprising and reinvigorating appointment of a proper experienced football man in Nigel Pearson, which I lauded at the time as an outstanding appointment and how fortunate SL was that a man of his calibre was willing to take on his utter mess of a club.

Now. after all his hard and productive work they've shat on Nige instead of backing him and we're back to square one (yet again).

Manning seems like a decent bloke and, of course, I hope he comes good and quickly, but as a club leader and someone the fans could believe in he'll never be a patch on Nige unfortunately.

Always been quite tiring supporting City but shooting yourself in the foot by getting rid of about the very best bloke they could hope to have really does test our goodwill towards the club to the very limit.

Yet they've done it again, sacking an experienced and popular manager for a novice coach, and it's incredibly hard to maintain enthusiasm with such awful decision makers at the top.

• Like 11
  • Flames 8

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Me too. Got a really bad feeling. 
From his post-match interview he looks startled and like he doesn’t want to be here. Bitten off more than he can chew? 

• Like 3

Right now it feels like we have tried to skip 2 stages ahead of the process and enter into a phase that we just don’t have the group for, in doing so slowly eradicating what was in place, mostly out of necessity, to actually progress us. It’s an incredibly frustrating position to be in as a supporter. We have had worse periods on the pitch, but to see a project that the majority were united behind amateurishly ripped up, commencing another inevitable rebuild, with all the strings of another boardroom vanity project attached, is ******* disheartening. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cov 77 said:

I’m afraid that may be the case for some , all defeats narrow could have been different , Norwich a mugging tbh , did I want Nige gone , no way but many are determined / want Manning to fail to prove the point, but I support this team , have done for too many years , and it ruins my day when we lose , as some stage we have to give this guy a chance instead of abusing him frankly at this stage for no reason , the toxic attitude on here is not healthy 

I honestly don’t think that is the case Cov.  I think most are being very reasonable, and highlighting how unnecessary the spin from the hierarchy was…rather than digging out LM.

There appear to be several things wrong (from an amateurs point of view) that are outweighing the positives (again from an amateurs viewpoint) and ultimately the outcomes (and results) aren’t being achieved.

Tonight isn’t the end of the world, but it builds a lot of pressure coming into two home games.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Dear Jon

Let's put aside the fact I think you a pretty clueless individual living off the back of Daddy's mates success....

Redeem yourself....

Apologise to the fans, something that I know comes hard to your family.

Demote Tinnion immediately, this ain't jobs for boys. Employ a proper technical director.

Consider shipping Manning off to Swansea, not to say he deserves the sack and his reputation in tatters for joining your shitshow on the back of your ill advised comments.

Define our style , which is high intensity, pacy, transition play.

Employ either Pearson or a similar style of manager who knows how to play that way and get the best of our squad. 

Then I and probably many others might start to have some respect for you.

Spot on, smug ass had the bedroom and could do the accounts

2 hours ago, nebristolred said:

Lost interest the minute Pearson was sacked and things are only getting worse.

At least before that, we as fans at least had the illusion of having some sort of a say in the club, a bit of influence. Now we all know it’s only the owner’s opinion that matters and sod the rest of the paying lot. I’d take Nige back in a heartbeat as bizarre as it would be.

Never been so disinterested in City, and it’s not just being dramatic. I feel mentally checked out.

This.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I honestly don’t think that is the case Cov.  I think most are being very reasonable, and highlighting how unnecessary the spin from the hierarchy was…rather than digging out LM.

There appear to be several things wrong (from an amateurs point of view) that are outweighing the positives (again from an amateurs viewpoint) and ultimately the outcomes (and results) aren’t being achieved.

Tonight isn’t the end of the world, but it builds a lot of pressure coming into two home games.

Agreed, no one wants him to fail. I don't think people are determined for him to fail, but I would say there is a determination from some posters to find fault though.

Personally, I thought today was very disappointing. The positives from the other games came from decent spells of having more possession and control, but today we seem to abandon playing out from the back and kept playing long - and when we did play long it seemed to be up the middle straight to their CB's. We didn't play how I would expect us to (or at least try to) given what we had seen before. We constantly went back to Max and then long -something I thought we we're moving away from. 

I'd love to see stats (particularly first half) for how many times we just gave up possession. 

Edited by BCFC Rich

16 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

Agreed, no one wants him to fail. I don't think people are determined for him to fail, but I would say there is a determination from some posters to find fault though.

Personally, I thought today was very disappointing. The positives from the other games came from decent spells of having more possession and control, but today we seem to abandon playing out from the back and kept playing long - and when we did play long it seemed to be up the middle straight to their CB's. We didn't play how I would expect us to (or at least try to) given what we had seen before. We constantly went back to Max and then long -something I thought we we're moving away from. 

I'd love to see stats (particularly first half) for how many times we just gave up possession. 

Imho, there are quite a few things to find fault with, and I’m only really interested in the “football stuff”, don’t really care to much about eye-contact, coach lingo when being interviewed…that doesn’t impact what happens on the pitch.

Kal and Nahki made the same points re long balls, several times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Imho, there are quite a few things to find fault with, and I’m only really interested in the “football stuff”, don’t really care to much about eye-contact, coach lingo when being interviewed…that doesn’t impact what happens on the pitch.

Kal and Nahki made the same points re long balls, several times.

Does that demeanour impact what happens on the pitch tho if that demeanour is the same with the players in thr changing room? I don't know if footballers do or not but you'd maybe expect that some will watch these interviews. 

Part of Mannings job is to speak to the fans during these interviews if he likes it or not. Pearson was very good at that. I don't want to keep comparing them but it's hard not to. Pearson was always "we will get better and this is how we will get better" Pearson knew what the fans needed to hear, even at times if it was uncomfortable to hear. 

Manning has been in charge of two clubs with quite small fan bases. The pressure from our fans is something he's never experienced before. He needs to learn to do that pretty quickly because that interview doesn't look like he's coping too well with it. 

• Like 2