IGNORED

Malice In Sunderland

Silvio Dante

16 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

We certainly scored two OGs and I remember Frank Fielding making a great save! 

I take some blame.

On the concourse half time, said to a mate if we don't score 6 I will be disappointed. Sunderland were that bad.

As it was we had a , Hold my beer moment .

9 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

AG will be like a home game for Sunderland.
Nigh on 3000 Mackams roaring them on, whereas the “AG library” will be quiet again. 
Would take a draw TBH as a good result.

Quiet, I dunno the booing at the end v Norwich was very visible and noticeable. ;)

Do agree though a point would be quite acceptable in the circs.

It's a huge game really. Because a win and will be back 4 points off the current 6th. Whoever would then b in 6th would stay reachable. (7 if hull with hull next)

It keeps the "hope alive"

It takes the drop fear away just that bit more.

If ever there was a game a city team need to come out absolutely firing, and non stop high energy, high intensity.... It's this one. Do that and the crowd will follow.

Lose. And lose passively, then the pressure builds even more. 

The last manager i remember under the microscope was pulis. The issues were both results and the football played. 

I really think this game is huge in so many ways. Hope is a dangerous food, hope is what football fans need. This game represents hope.

Lose it..... And the season is done already.

To be clear, i don't think there is a chance we'll finish in the top 6th. It wound just be nice to get to January games in with a shout. It's been a while.

9 minutes ago, The turtle said:

It's a huge game really. Because a win and will be back 4 points off the current 6th. Whoever would then b in 6th would stay reachable. (7 if hull with hull next)

It keeps the "hope alive"

It takes the drop fear away just that bit more.

If ever there was a game a city team need to come out absolutely firing, and non stop high energy, high intensity.... It's this one. Do that and the crowd will follow.

Lose. And lose passively, then the pressure builds even more. 

The last manager i remember under the microscope was pulis. The issues were both results and the football played. 

I really think this game is huge in so many ways. Hope is a dangerous food, hope is what football fans need. This game represents hope.

Lose it..... And the season is done already.

To be clear, i don't think there is a chance we'll finish in the top 6th. It wound just be nice to get to January games in with a shout. It's been a while.

Agreed with this, especially the hope point.

Hope is what we are lacking right now. The whole general air and sequence of events:

*Scott sold- well that was inevitable I guess.

*The rambling about the nest egg.

*The terrible failure to back NP financially after Scott went.. 

*...The terrible failure to back NP, in terms of a new contract, when the injuries were clearly hindering us and given his health issues.

Being linked with a wide player from Bath City in January.

What hope is there, now the team are stalling or regressing and worse still so are key players ie Vyner who hasn't been the same in the last few weeks.

Questionable tactics, wing back, back 3, Sykes on the left in one of the games.

Pring dropped, Sykes substituted etc. TGH benched.

Rapidly losing hope, season over sooner rather than later I'd say 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The turtle said:

I posted on here a few weeks ago saying this all feels very similar to thr Pulis era. 

Certain people, like myself are struggling to see past the circumstances of Mannings arrival. Just like how we struggled to see past Pulis Rovers connections. 

The only way to see past those things is with good results and good performances. Unfortunately just like with Pulis, that hasn't happened. 

The feel around the club is exactly how it was during the Pulis era. The football isn't much better either. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, fisherrich said:

Nigh on 3000 Mackams roaring them on, whereas the “AG library” will be quiet again. 

It really is ridiculous that we allow that to even be a factor at home.

How many proper teams wilfully allow the away side to have a whole end behind a goal whilst sticking our own vocal support as far away as possible? 

There’s absolutely no need to gift the away side a marginal gain like this. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It really is ridiculous that we allow that to even be a factor at home.

How many proper teams wilfully allow the away side to have a whole end behind a goal whilst sticking our own vocal support as far away as possible? 

There’s absolutely no need to gift the away side a marginal gain like this. 

Please bring this up at the next fans forum. 

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It is something that needs exploration - obviously the talking shop fans forum the other week wasn’t the place.

It just baffles me why the club allow this to happen - boneheaded design.

It does need to change. It gives an away team a bit of an advantage for sure. 

In my opinion they should be up in the upper Lansdown or at the very least in the lower Lansdown near the Atyeo. 

Move s82 back to the Atyeo, make the whole Atyeo safe standing. You then have plenty of space in the SS to move the family area to.

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

In my opinion they should be up in the upper Lansdown or at the very least in the lower Lansdown near the Atyeo. 

Move s82 back to the Atyeo, make the whole Atyeo safe standing. You then have plenty of space in the SS to move the family area to.

No chance until a change at the top happens

16 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Exactly what I’d like to see also. It’s in issues like that where it’s clear to see the board don’t really understand football. 

Not normally an advocate of gambling but NTT20 podcast have picked us to win and Knight to score anytime as bet picks this weekend.

This obviously means absolutely nothing.

Their assessment of us: "turmoil is a strong word" but "...just don't think Bristol City are playing as badly as people think they are".

Edited by ExiledAjax

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I was in The Jam mode, town called malice. With 3 weeks off work for Xmas, the brain is having its rest!

Me too! I've only just got the Alice in Wonderland pun. Growing old is a terrible thing. 10/1/2024 will be the 40th anniversary of my first game at AG. Notts Co in the FA Cup 3rd round replay 0-2.  Amazingly Notts Co were a top flight team at the time.

Edited by fgrsimon
  • Robin 1

On 13/12/2023 at 19:07, fisherrich said:

This issue has been raised many times before and is always ignored by the Club.

If it goes wrong on the pitch Saturday and the Mackams roar their team to victory, will the penny drop for the board at last? 

Personally I doubt it. As long as the money rolls in from a packed stand, the club won't care who is in there.