IGNORED

You deserve all you get.

Superjack

Just now, BCFCGav said:

Well yes, I have less decision making power than the literal billionaires who own and poorly run it. But I’d go and watch City in the National League South away at Weston if it came to it. Because they are my club.

I don't want to argue with you, because your stance is of course admirable. 

But you must surely see that even if the vision you describe doesn't totally materialise, we have people in power at the club that will give it the best chance. 

With the greatest of respect and sympathy, you seem to be one of the supporters that facilitate the Lansdown's agenda.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Superjack said:

But you must surely see that even if the vision you describe doesn't totally materialise, we have people in power at the club that will give it the best chance. 

With the greatest of respect and sympathy, you seem to be one of the supporters that facilitate the Lansdown's agenda.

Mate, he just wants to (probably) have a beer and watch a game of football. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Superjack said:

**** the Lansdowns we will watch our club and we will have our say on how it's run. Trust me if I did see one of them at a game I would say how I feel it isn't just on here. As a season ticket holder I'm well and truly p***ed off.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

Has anyone actually spoken about protesting on Saturday? 

I've not seen anyone mention it 

Nor have I Phants.

Wild suggestions like this never happen.

Anyway - what is there to protest about? and before anyone mentions the Lansdowns ownership, be careful what you wish for. We could be a lot worse off with some kind of huxter taking over. 

At least we know what to expect.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 4

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Anyway - what is there to protest about? and before anyone mentions the Lansdowns ownership, be careful what you wish for. We could be a lot worse off with some kind of huxter taking over. 

I subscribed to part of this view for some time but post the sale of Scott, the oddities pertaining to the nest egg then starving NP of funds, sacking him and all the crap about a top 10 budget, top 6 squad they've run their course.

We need a change! Tinnion as a DOF, ffs.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 7
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 2

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Nor have I Phants.

Yep, I often think when being spoonfed faeces that “it could be worse, I could be being urinated on as well*” so accept it as my lot.

Theres some drivel posted but this be careful what you wish for nonsense always takes the cake 

*I am, of course, fully aware that for some golden showers are your bag. I’m not judging you. Enjoy, but in the words of Neil Warnock, enjoy it by being disciplined. Or not. Thats another thing.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Nor have I Phants.

I used to think like this but there are now at least whole leagues worth of teams that are a similar size to us or smaller that have played in the prem.

That's not an individual managers fault.

So while we could be a lot worse off the chance of us having been a lot better off at some point over the last 25 years are highly likely.

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Talk of protest on Saturday if the result is bad. 

All hot air. 

It won't happen.

So keep stumping up your money. They know that you will. 

Keep facilitating what you come on here to rant about.

Well coming down Saturday, only our 5th game this season.

About 25 making the trip only 6 or 7 City fans so mainly a Christmas do.

Also meeting up with a Sunderland supporting mate of mine alongside a few of his  Mackem mates.

Be it that i have supported this club since 66 i can't imagine removing my support will make a blind bit of difference. 

So **** it. Loved Pearson finding it hard to warm to Manning but he's here now.

The team needs the fans Saturday for sure.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Superjack said:

What agenda might that be?

Steve Lansdown was put many millions into Bristol City and his financial input has kept the wolf from the door since he became biggest share holder and for that we owe him our gratitude.

That said…….he hasn’t yet achieved his ambition of the Premier League and in pursuit of it has repeatedly failed with a string of managers all whom failed to fulfil his dream.

Now many many of us had great faith in Nige and appreciated just what he achieved in his time at City and are equally pissed off with his sacking with the club announcing  a thinly veiled smokescreen to justify it.

Im sure that I’m not the only one who felt that Nige was most likely to deliver the goods but he’d clearly clashed with the hierarchy and I suspect I know how but that’s not a subject suitable to share on an open forum.

Im pretty sure that the hierarchy are fully aware of how angry the fanbase is over the sacking and the appointment of a Championship virgin who despite his 18 years of coaching has yet to impress anyone but it’s early days and we’ll have to try and get behind him.

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Nor have I Phants.

If there is one thing we can all agree on then we certainly don’t want a huxter in charge.

Particularly as not for the first time I have absolutely no idea what he means (presumably Huckster?).

“Be careful what you wish for” also has to be the most moronic statement on here & let’s face it, that is in the face of some very strong competition.

”Nurse, he’s out of bed again”..

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

For me dean holdens revelation is quite telling on coaches voice he basically said he approached Lansdown about all the injuries and landowne got offended because he went around ashton and straight to him  and it was the beginning of the end for him after that. It all stinks for me behind the scenes and jon and Steve are the cause of all of it.

Edited by BCFC31
  • Like 1
  • Flames 2

59 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

For me dean holdens revelation is quite telling on coaches voice he basically said he approached Lansdown about all the injuries and landowne got offended because he went around ashton and straight to him  and it was the beginning of the end for him after that. It all stinks for me behind the scenes and jon and Steve are the cause of all of it.

Where did it say Lansdown got affended? My take on what he said was that it made an enemy of Ashton who got rid of him as he was in a weak position 

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

If there is one thing we can all agree on then we certainly don’t want a huxter in charge.

Particularly as not for the first time I have absolutely no idea what he means (presumably Huckster?).

“Be careful what you wish for” also has to be the most moronic statement on here & let’s face it, that is in the face of some very strong competition.

”Nurse, he’s out of bed again”..

Wtf is a Huxter or  a huckster ?

55 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Where did it say Lansdown got affended? My take on what he said was that it made an enemy of Ashton who got rid of him as he was in a weak position 

Because he said he " went to the owner " and that  was were it went wrong for him if Lansdown is willing to give some one the chop because they approached him and went around ashton that just shows how    bad culture is at the club granted holden was a shit manager but there is a snippet there which is quiet revealing.

Edited by BCFC31
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Nor have I Phants.

We certainly do.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Wtf is a Huxter or  a huckster ?

A huckster is anyone who sells something or serves biased interests, using pushy or showy tactics. Historically, the term meant any type of peddler or vendor, but over time it has assumed pejorative connotations.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BCFC31 said:

Because he said he " went to the owner " and that  was were it went wrong for him if Lansdown is willing to give some one the chop because they approached him and went around ashton that just shows how    bad culture is at the club granted holden was a shit manager but there is a snippet there which is quiet revealing.

Think you missed the point, he went over Mark Ashtons head to SL about the injury problems and how senior player's felt, MA survived he did not, as he said I was not in a strong position after loosing 5.

Think in most companies if you go above your boss, to complain about something your boss is in charge of  you are going to need to watch your back, so nothing about bad culture 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Think in most companies if you go above your boss, to complain about something your boss is in charge of  you are going to need to watch your back, so nothing about bad culture 

Very true - even when your told by the bosses boss ‘the doors open anytime’ 😂😂

• Like 1

We love going round in circles on here don’t we. Another thread with the theme of Steve and Jon trying to deliberately sabotage the club/having some nefarious agenda/being part of some evil cabal/aliens controlling our minds etc..

Come on. 

I think people can level plenty of criticism at them for making bad decisions  but why would they not want well for the club? It’s not like we’re a Man U cash cow.

if there’s some intricate reason I’ve missed then all ears, until then I’ll keep turning up , supporting the players. And having a beer with me mates 😉

• Like 5