IGNORED

First female prem ref

CyderInACan

20 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

If she makes a mistake I hope everyone realises it is because she is human, not because she is female.

It will be interesting to see if players scream in her face and wave their arms about as much as they normally do.

I’ve seen her ref a few lower league games and it’s actually quite noticeable that the players are not as vociferous and in her face. 
Might be a different story with the luvvies in the top league though. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

If she makes a mistake I hope everyone realises it is because she is human, not because she is female.

It will be interesting to see if players scream in her face and wave their arms about as much as they normally do.

If she does make a mistake

I hope the pundits and press give her as much stick as they do the the rest

have to treat everybody equal

Better still give ALL refs a bit of a break

26 minutes ago, Offside said:

Good to see, and hopefully there will be many more in the future. 

As long as they are there on merit 

• Like 9

34 minutes ago, Harry said:

it’s actually quite noticeable that the players are not as vociferous and in her face. 
Might be a different story with the luvvies in the top league though. 

That’s a good point - hopefully the players won’t be as ‘in yer face’ and tone down the expletives common place in the men’s game. The crowd might less vociferous in their criticism as well.

It’ll be a fascinating game to watch despite both teams being two of the lower teams in PL.

I can’t imagine a female referee being appointed in a top PL game like Liverpool v Arsenal - not yet anyway.

33 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yes it was - she sadly passed away in February of this year aged 82. She was stunning in her prime.

If anyone saw the Shawshank Redemption - it a poster of her covering the escape hole in the cell.

True.  The Stephen King short story was titled Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption, as the prisoner in the book had a poster of RH.

6 hours ago, bemmyredjeff said:

It's not really fair when she has been fast tracked through the  system when good male referees have achieved their end of season marks and continually not been considered for promotion to the next level.

All the talk seems to be that she’s an excellent referee, were the others getting higher marks? That would be a real shame.

• Like 1