IGNORED

Sunderland at home match thread

Indifferent half. A good spell of play after the goal where we looked threatening going forward and then we’ve dropped off a yard and let Sunderland back in it. Defensively not convincing. Like some of the recent games having accessed the opposition over the first 45, I’d be disappointed if we don’t pick up 3 points here. These are the games we should be winning. 

I must say though, I’m no more convinced that we’d get the 3 points than I would be if NP was in charge. Other than we’d be better organised defensively. Vyner and Dickie struggling today.  

Edited by Engvall’s Splinter
  • Like 1

So, the first half. We were up against it until the goal from the pen....looked a little brighter and created some chances. Need to get the ball out faster from the back....Max is allowing them time to reset every time. Some questionable decisions (as always).

Look venerable .....need at least one more to have any chance of 3 pts. 

Edited by MelksRed

Good first half to watch.  City just shading the opening half hour, and just about deserving to be ahead.  But last 10-15 mins of first half have been a tough period to navigate.

Having said all of that, we should be 2 pens ahead (not red card - double jeopardy).

Knight impressive (copy and paste), Tanner solid.  TGH shoeing why he needs to play most weeks.  Mehmeti bright, unlucky to hit post, linking well with Pring.

Midfield space huge.  Think Knight has to drop in and help more beyond the initial phase of the press.

Need a strong start to second half, don’t want us chasing shadows.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, MelksRed said:

So, the first half. We were up against it until the goal from the pen....looked a little brighter and created some chances. Need to get the ball pit faster from the back....Max is allowing them time to reset every time. Some questionable decisions (as always).

Look venerable .....need at least one more to have any chance of 3 pts. 

For sure, cannot see Sunderland not scoring...