IGNORED

Sunderland at home match thread

4 hours ago, petehinton said:

I have a really horrible feeling we could take a real beating today. 

4 hours ago, Randy Marsh II said:

I think things get very ugly today tbh

2 hours ago, luke_bristol said:

Think we’ll get battered today so would be delighted with a point.

The last time we got beat by more than one goal was Nige's last game, at Cardiff. Prior to that, Birmingham in August. 

So we're not usually a pushover for any team, and we've seen commitment form the players all season.

I do understand that there's a sense of pressure building, but I'm going to predict another close game, even if, like almost everyone, I don't fancy us to win.

1 minute ago, ashton_fan said:

image.thumb.png.fa54703e7261ffa5c9d505dbe270aa65.png 

I think that's the team he had to pick. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, mozo said:

The last time we got beat by more than one goal was Nige's last game, at Cardiff. Prior to that, Birmingham in August. 

So we're not usually a pushover for any team, and we've seen commitment form the players all season.

I do understand that there's a sense of pressure building, but I'm going to predict another close game, even if, like almost everyone, I don't fancy us to win.

I think that's the team he had to pick. 

Yes but look at the defense against Cardiff,

Tanner injured.

Vyner injured 

Pring suspended 

Just Dickie!

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

Agree we are always competitive in most / all games even the Cardiff game however we really need to start turning the good patches of football in games to a full 90 mins and picking up a few much needed wins , 

we’re not a million miles away but it’s that final fence we need to get over , I honestly think if we can get our injured players fit back playing and a couple of additions in January we will be going in the right direction again ( as we were with Nige 😡) but we really need to start being more consistent or the pressure will mount which I don’t think we handle very well as a team 

• Flames 1
10 minutes ago, redkev said:

Even more reason the sacking of Nige makes no sense ( sorry been there and done to death )

I am very much of the opinion that Nige's "sacking" had little to do with performance on the pitch but other personal issues behind the scenes. Will we ever know the full story ?  No, I think not.

• Like 11