IGNORED

Sunderland at home match thread

9 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

Wow there is somebody else who has noticed thet City are playing some decent stuff but sadly are constantly missing chances which are being created far more than previously, every game the shots on goal are in double figures if we had taken just half of those chances Southampton Norwich and Blackburn would not have been losses. Things are not remotely as grim as some would like to suggest or  dare I say want them to be. 

More shots on target (on goal) doesn’t necessarily mean creating more or better chances.  The attacking output has been largely in line with pre-LM.  If we want to go into finer detail, it’s actually a smidge worse. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 3

Would love a win today, think bell needs a rest. Sounds a bit crazy but I’d like to see Tommy on the left and Cornick go up top. Think Williams has played well enough to keep his place but wouldn’t be surprised if TGH came in either. 

Just hoping to avoid the massacre that Jack Clarke could give Tanner. 

2-1 city COYR

1 hour ago, redkev said:

I’d like to know why , not having a dig but tbf to city with or without Nige we are in most games and recently tend to miss chances that could put us ahead and set us up , lately it’s more a case of missing these chances and it costing us with us then fighting back to snatch a draw or other team holding on , not many teams put us to the sword ( god why did I just say that ) 

Just a horrible gut feel, not much more. I can’t see us coping with Jobe, Clarke & Pritchard. 

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Manning will continue to want his players to play his way won’t he.  There is no “other way” for him.  He will want his players to execute better though.  The only real difference under him is that we are more patient, prepared to go back, go out the other side, repeat until a better chance comes.  That’s the theory.  Under Nige we tended to try to force the chance.

As memorably sang by Blur and the first lines being exceptionally apt to the football under Liam thus far:

”You’re taking the fun out of everything…”

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Would love a win today, think bell needs a rest. Sounds a bit crazy but I’d like to see Tommy on the left and Cornick go up top. Think Williams has played well enough to keep his place but wouldn’t be surprised if TGH came in either. 

Just hoping to avoid the massacre that Jack Clarke could give Tanner. 

2-1 city COYR

Tanner is a good defender,it's other parts of his game that need work 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Slightly paraphrased but

"Results we feel we deserved"

"So much positives to come from it"

"If you look at the games and how weve progressed the opportunities and control"

"Data shows us the direction we're heading in"

"If you continue to create the chances that we have then we'll win games"

"We've sustained a level of performance for a period of games so I'm sure it will come"

I've just not seen what he has seen. 

I don't feel we deserved anything more than we've got. Maybe a point against Norwich. 

I'm not sure of any positives and if there are some then they are countered out by the negatives. Again I'm not sure we have progressed. Regressed certainly. 

As for control, meh, Huddersfield and Norwich for example were happy to allow us to 'control' the game. So I'm not sure how that's a positive. When Blackburn didn't allow us to control the game, we struggled and went long. 

As for opportunities, again I'm not seeing it. Maybe Messi would score thoe opportunities but they've not been clear cut opportunities so not sure how that's being framed as a positive either. So im not sure how we're going to win games with those half chances. 

The only level of performance we have sustained is by playing boring football. 

He spoke about how the players need a win to validate that were doing the right stuff.

Got the feeling he was having a dig at the previous management when he said "if everything's just about the Saturday (the win) you're getting a bit of an emotional roller coaster which makes it hard to go back to back which has been an issue"

Got the feeling he was blaming the players for not following the plan rather than the plan being wrong. Very much something LJ used to do.

Every time I watch him it feels as if Bristol City didn't exist before he came in.

He keeps saying how terrific things are but I'm just not seeing it. Nothing but a chancer this guy.

He even went and mentioned XG, thats done it for me 😂😂😂

Not a fan then? 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, ORANGE500 said:

Wow there is somebody else who has noticed thet City are playing some decent stuff but sadly are constantly missing chances which are being created far more than previously, every game the shots on goal are in double figures if we had taken just half of those chances Southampton Norwich and Blackburn would not have been losses. Things are not remotely as grim as some would like to suggest or  dare I say want them to be. 

I’m totally in your camp , the problem is we’re in a results business, another 2 defeats on the bounce would see us only a few points off that bottom 3 you then start playing football under pressure and I don’t know if we have the mentality to deal with that in this league especially with and inexperienced ( at this level ) management team 

Afternoon all!   I'm sorry, but I can't see any thing better than taking one point today. I don't know about anyone else, but my confidence has gone to rock bottom with the way our club is being run and in my 72 years of supporting I have seen quite a few disasters.  So although I really want LM to suceed, I can't see it happening in the near future, maybe in the transfer window, a few players who can play the way LM wants could change my mind. We shall see, anyway, Come On You Reds.

2 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Afternoon all!   I'm sorry, but I can't see any thing better than taking one point today. I don't know about anyone else, but my confidence has gone to rock bottom with the way our club is being run and in my 72 years of supporting I have seen quite a few disasters.  So although I really want LM to suceed, I can't see it happening in the near future, maybe in the transfer window, a few players who can play the way LM wants could change my mind. We shall see, anyway, Come On You Reds.

I personally with the right players at his disposal think LM will be a decent coach I really hope he succeeds however like you I’m very worried about the higher management team at Ashton gate , Tinnion is the only one with any real football knowledge ( that worries me ) 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

We shall see.  Only an hour till Bully Off.