IGNORED

Give the man some credit

Bs4Red

28 minutes ago, CardiffRed said:

It was nice to see us 1) actually pass the ball 2) actually stay patient in 3) play through the lines. This is what I’ve been waiting for as a bcfc fan. 

I’ve seen that several times this season pre-LM too.  There were some good performances earlier this season too.  Without over generalising, when Naismith was in the team earlier this season, we played some lovely attacking football at times.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Have to give him credit for realising it wasn't working. However it is a bit of a an annoyance that he made that mistake and points were dropped etc. 

It was very much a Pearson performance and last night. Even the 3 subs were what Pearson would often do. 

As I've always said, evolution, not revolution.

You seriously need to get over it, I’m not convinced we’d have turned it around under him. He wouldn’t have started Mehmeti and there’s no chance he’s bringing James off for Williams. Fact of the matter is, we’ve beaten two teams that were in the playoffs when we faced them, that deserves credit

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

You seriously need to get over it, I’m not convinced we’d have turned it around under him. He wouldn’t have started Mehmeti and there’s no chance he’s bringing James off for Williams. Fact of the matter is, we’ve beaten two teams that were in the playoffs when we faced them, that deserves credit

You sound like you need to get over Nige too………

42 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Why are you keep going on about it? Please excuse my passive aggressive tone in this reply, I'm replying in kind. 

But as you are let's go with some facts. 

That team was built by Nigel Pearson. 

Sam Bell who came on as a sub and helped change the game, was produced by Pearson.

Mehmeti was a Pearson signing. You have no idea if he'd be in the team now or not. Yes he scored the winner, but he wasn't great. 

Williams was able to come on and make an impact because of the work Nige and his team had previously put into getting him fit and keeping him fit. 

I'd have expected us to beat the likes of QPR and Huddersfield under Pearson. 

Fact of the matter is and you may not like this, we are where we are as a club because of Pearson. 

Finally, did you miss the bit where I gave Manning credit for changing changing how he had us playing? 

Merry Christmas to you and I hope in the new year you are able to move on from Nigel Pearson. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wasn't at all impressed when NP was moved on but I thought last night we played some excellent football, kept it well and moved them around to create openings and were generally pretty dominant against a side that will be there or thereabouts in terms of top 6 at the end of the season. Most importantly I actually enjoyed the game which even though I was a Pearson fan I could rarely say was the case whilst he was here, Mannings coaching ability is clearly starting to have an impact and the players are taking it on board.

Mehmeti's dribbling skills when running at the full back and natural ability to know where the ball is without looking at it was excellent, only Alex Scott did this better in recent memory. If he carries on in this manner he could be a huge player in the 2nd half of the season.

Was also nice to see Vyner back to his best last night after a shaky few weeks.

4 points in the next two games and we are bang in contention for the play offs

11 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Why are you keep going on about it? Please excuse my passive aggressive tone in this reply, I'm replying in kind. 

Sam Bell who came on as a sub and helped change the game, was produced by Pearson.

Mehmeti was a Pearson signing. You have no idea if he'd be in the team now or not. Yes he scored the winner, but he wasn't great. 

Williams was able to come on and make an impact because of the work Nige and his team had previously put into getting him fit and keeping him fit. 

Fact of the matter is and you may not like this, we are where we are as a club because of Pearson. 

Finally, did you miss the bit where I gave Manning credit for changing changing how he had us playing? 

Merry Christmas to you and I hope in the new year you are able to move on from Nigel Pearson. 

Not once have I said Pearson has done a bad job, obviously he’s going to use Pearson’s squad as he’s had no windows and 8 games in charge. But look at the amount of minutes Mehmeti had under Pearson and I’m not saying he deserved to start but Bell had a run of games without being dropped when he was really poor. With QPR’s new manager bounce and how well they started I think we’d have lost that game, Huddersfield can see your point. James never used to get subbed under Pearson, he does now not because he’s done bad but we need that energy. 

Merry Christmas to you, I’ve moved on from Pearson I just wanted to say my piece on people bringing up when we win the game instead of praising the actual manager

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

You sound like you need to get over Nige too………

Have no idea how you’ve concluded that from what I said but ok I’ll bite. I was annoyed as you were when he went but we have a new manager who deserves more credit when we win than “Nige would’ve done the same” when they are not the same person. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Pretty half hearted praise though.

80% it was Nige's praise again and 20% Mannings even though it's all his with the players.

I take your points about what Nige did before but you can't blame Manning fully when he loses and then partially commend him when he wins.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Have no idea how you’ve concluded that from what I said but ok I’ll bite. I was annoyed as you were when he went but we have a new manager who deserves more credit when we win than “Nige would’ve done the same” when they are not the same person. 

The point I'm making is that for every "Nige would have won that game", "Nige would have done the same" I'm also seeing "we wouldn't have won that under Nige" or "Nige wouldn't have done that". ALL OF THESE COMMENTS, Pro-Nige/Anti-Liam and Pro-Liam/Anti-Nige have no basis in fact, we cannot prove any of it, and it's all getting a bit childish when we should just be enjoying six points in two home games. There are two or three posters who go quiet when we lose under Liam and stoke the fire when we win but they stick out like a sore thumb and can simply be ignored. I keep saying it, we need Liam to do well, the alternative doesn't bear thinking about with the current hierarchy of the club calling all the shots.

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

The point I'm making is that for every "Nige would have won that game", "Nige would have done the same" I'm also seeing "we wouldn't have won that under Nige" or "Nige wouldn't have done that". ALL OF THESE COMMENTS, Pro-Nige/Anti-Liam and Pro-Liam/Anti-Nige have no basis in fact, we cannot prove any of it, and it's all getting a bit childish when we should just be enjoying six points in two home games. There are two or three posters who go quiet when we lose under Liam and stoke the fire when we win but they stick out like a sore thumb and can simply be ignored. I keep saying it, we need Liam to do well, the alternative doesn't bear thinking about with the current hierarchy of the club calling all the shots.

Great post no1.

The point scoring we need - is on the pitch.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Yeah I do get what you mean there, my viewpoint didn’t change at the start of the month and you would’ve seen me comment after all games. In fairness so has the OP

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Great post no1.

The point scoring we need - is on the pitch.

and we got 6 from 2 games i thought we would get 2 at best. ive got to snap out of it too, no way did i ever think james would get subbed. best off leaving Liam to get on with it,seems he does know what hes doing

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

and we got 6 from 2 games i thought we would get 2 at best. ive got to snap out of it too, no way did i ever think james would get subbed. best off leaving Liam to get on with it,seems he does know what hes doing

I’m still upset / angry / disappointed Nige got sacked, but I do think Manning is “genuine”.  I don’t think he spouts bullshit, I think what comes out of his mouth, albeit a bit boring, it what he 100% believes.

We have a good bunch of pros, who appear to have taken to him.  There appears to be no “grieving” from the squad on the pitch.  Which, is a credit to both the old manager and credit to new head coach too.

There will always be some winners and losers in a squad game where only eleven get to start each match.  Mehmeti an early winner, Bell an early loser.  But football rarely stays constant for too long.

We’ve got ourselves back to level wins and losses (and GD), sit 12th in the table.

For a bit of Tuckman, I’d suggest the we are somewhere overlapping Forming and Storming.  We’ve held our position in that period.  Sometimes that period gets a bounce, sometimes it doesn’t, sometimes it’s chunters along.

FWIW here’s the record for each manager appointed after the start of the season (games played / points earned) in the far right column.

image.thumb.png.6fd65f0f8ca6f6883c9928bf4b736ffc.png

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I would’ve expected us beat Reading last season, the team then managed by the highly rated, esteemed Paul Ince….instead they beat and drew with Nigel Pearsons Bristol city - I would’ve expected us to get 6 points under Manning.

• Facepalm 3

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m still upset / angry / disappointed Nige got sacked, but I do think Manning is “genuine”.  I don’t think he spouts bullshit, I think what comes out of his mouth, albeit a bit boring, it what he 100% believes.

We have a good bunch of pros, who appear to have taken to him.  There appears to be no “grieving” from the squad on the pitch.  Which, is a credit to both the old manager and credit to new head coach too.

There will always be some winners and losers in a squad game where only eleven get to start each match.  Mehmeti an early winner, Bell an early loser.  But football rarely stays constant for too long.

We’ve got ourselves back to level wins and losses (and GD), sit 12th in the table.

For a bit of Tuckman, I’d suggest the we are somewhere overlapping Forming and Storming.  We’ve held our position in that period.  Sometimes that period gets a bounce, sometimes it doesn’t, sometimes it’s chunters along.

FWIW here’s the record for each manager appointed after the start of the season (games played / points earned) in the far right column.

image.thumb.png.6fd65f0f8ca6f6883c9928bf4b736ffc.png

Which gives him the joint highest return so far this season.

On 22/12/2023 at 23:43, Davefevs said:

Mr Boring here. One game at a time for me. Bah humbug 😝

On the radio interview he explained that we were building momentum so felt he didn’t want to break that up. 

We got ragged around the half hour. And I know it’s stupid but I blame “bounce around”. It’s cringy. And I think the players lose concentration. It has happened too many times now that we concede on or after the chant. If I’m being honest it boils my piss. It’s also a Johnson thing, those days are over.

Bah humbug again!!

As for the game itself I really enjoyed it. We never let Hull suck the life out of the second half.

We often build our territory from Matty James in these games. But today he had an off day (could he have been one suffering from illness) and it showed that others can drive us.

We thoroughly deserved the win.

What is it about that particular chant that makes the players lose concentration? 

15 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think Mickey Bell might have something to say about that!

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

She did………

Yes, well done, you're getting there.

I was referring to who 'produced' Sam without any reference to footballing ability.

I know it was hardly the height of humour but it really wasn't hard to follow.

Not sure why you're being such an arse about it, maybe you did want to do some point scoring after all...

48 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

Yes, well done, you're getting there.

I was referring to who 'produced' Sam without any reference to footballing ability.

I know it was hardly the height of humour but it really wasn't hard to follow.

Not sure why you're being such an arse about it, maybe you did want to do some point scoring after all...

Have a lie down. You seriously escalated that😂.

earlier this season, we played Hull away. After initially struggling as they passed through our high press, we adjusted, and in the second half totally dominated them. The home game, bar some minor semantics, was not greatly different, apart from the ball ending up in their net. Some are trying to make out we have turned a corner, from what I do not know. The corner Nige had to turn was getting players fit again. The same group have produced under Manning, very similar performances, with an underlying trend of great in game fitness and willingness to work for each other. Manning has opened a little on the attacking front, whilst making us a little more vulnerable at the back. But after the early days, Manning looks to have been more pragmatic and is utilising the squad for what it can do, not what it cannot. So credit to him there., we have backed off from passing it around aimlessly at the back, and are not looking at possession for the sake of possession.  No one can say if it would have been better or worse under Nige, it is impossible. But the Hull home and away fixtures had a lot of similarities. If Manning can maintain this, and you would think he can now, then we should remain in that mid table Championship mass, where a bit of luck and a following wind can create opportunity. Manning is fortunate he inherited the Pearson version of the club and not the Holden/LJ version. Though he needs to work out which player he can turn into a £10M plus saleable asset pretty quickly. That was the same next challenge for Nige too. 

So well done Manning and the squad for getting the results stabilised again to the level in line with where we possibly are with the squad/budget post sale of Scott and the limited investment from that sale. 

• Like 2
  • Robin 1