IGNORED

Jon Lansdown email

Ziderarmy

51 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Plus as my other post says, our figures in this regard are hugely inflated by a small squad & injuries.

Numerous Academy players have been on the bench (Nelson 9 times) with zero minutes, aside from Yeboah, loads of the others, Knight-Lebel, Backwell, Araoye, Wiles-Richards have been there simply because there was no one else. James was given a debut at Cardiff because we had about 10 players out, Manning didn’t even put him on a bench that wasn’t full very soon afterwards.

Meaningless stat.

Personally I think all this academy stuff is very misleading. alot of these kids have like you said been put on the bench or got minutes out of necessity liam manning walked in and pretty much laughed and said these kids aren't anywhere near the level required and refused to expose them. We have had loads of injuries well run clubs don't just chuck the kids in before they are ready and expect to get anywhere in the division there bled through properly so to just harp on about it is embarrassing do you seriously think nigel wanted to used them or rely on them did he hell he had absolutely no choice.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

1 minute ago, redkev said:

I expect nearly every club in the country put the same sort of email out , it’s just what the majority of clubs do 

Yeah I kind of wonder what people expect?

Hey guys, Jon here.

Bit of a cock up this year really wasn't it! Nige was a pain to work with so I'm glad I've seen the back of him - let's hope Liam works out. He's a bit of a gamble tbh as me and Tins weren't really sure who to go for so fingers crossed there.

The accounts? Wow, where to start. Glad dad's so rich as that was a pretty big number I saw on the site the other day. I've asked Tins to look into it as Rich or Phil would normally have done so. Oops!

The academy is going well though right? I did ask Tinnion to let any upcoming prospects know they only really get a chance because we've had an injury crisis however, so we'll see if that gets a few more promising youngsters to sign on.

I think I said top 10 or 6 or something earlier so fingers crossed there. Where are we now? Like 9th or something? Not bad really.

Anyway have a good one, drop me your numbers and I'll set up a WhatsApp group for advice and stuff.

Jon

• Like 6
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 1

49 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yes & I reckon he’ll definitely act on it too.

Just had it, a real shame he doesn’t take the opportunity to thank Pearson & his staff for their service but not surprised.

In his mind he obviously sees this as improving the absolutely woeful communication that has come out of the club in recent times but it just reads like a lot of self justification to me.

Well said Graham. 

If you’re going to send a Christmas message then in the spirit of it surely it wouldn’t take much to thank Nige and the team and wish him good health and wishes for the New Year?

Had it been worded with more empathy and some humility then it might actually improve things a bit. His trouble is he’s continually making an awful situation worse at every turn. 

• Like 5

"We are sixth in the top five European leagues behind only Athletic Club, Olympique Lyonnais, Real Sociedad, Real Madrid and SC Freiburg. The Academy will remain a strong focus for us going forward."

Bit of a strange one. We aren't in one of the top five European leagues so how can we be sixth? Surely loads of clubs across Europe at all levels can claim this. 

It's like we could say after winning the paint pot that we'd won more trophies than Barcelona, Dortmund, Liverpool and Man United this year. Just as an example.

Edited by Randy Marsh II
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

October - “we’re replacing Nige to give us the best chance of promotion this season”

December - “Liam is settling well, but it’s going to take time”

The three musketeers really do contradict themselves at every turn 😅

The definition of the three musketeers, plus D’Artagnan (Manning), is a pretty decent analogy! Porthos is Lansdown surely?! 😂

• Athos – he has never recovered from his marriage to Milady and seeks solace in wine. He becomes a father figure to d'Artagnan.
  • Porthos – a dandy, fond of fashionable clothes and keen to make a fortune for himself. The least cerebral of the quartet.
  • Aramis – a handsome young man who wavers between his religious calling and his fondness for women and intrigue.
  • D'Artagnan – an impetuous, brave and clever young man seeking to become a musketeer in France.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Randy Marsh II said:

Bit of a strange one. We aren't in one of the top five European leagues so how can we be sixth? Surely loads of clubs across Europe at all levels can claim this. 

We can't rule our the possibility that Jon doesn't know what the top 5 European leagues are given the evidence we have of his football knowledge in general.

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

And yet in the last few minutes or whatever guess who YOU brought up about losing to Paul Ince last year in another thread….…ok if it’s negative to the person concerned though. @Super, any views?

Joined yesterday ....

Red in the name .....

Straight into anti NP posts ......

A Bristol Sport troll ,or banned returnee Numero 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Randy Marsh II said:

"We are sixth in the top five European leagues behind only Athletic Club, Olympique Lyonnais, Real Sociedad, Real Madrid and SC Freiburg. The Academy will remain a strong focus for us going forward."

It's like we could say after winning the paint pot that we'd won more trophies than Barcelona, Dortmund, Liverpool and Man United this year. Just as an example.

Believe the Championship is recognised as the fifth "best" league in Europe. 

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

To what end?

Would be my question.

To help Bournemouth succeed? (Other tinpot over achieving clubs are available).

To keep the wage bill down because the owner's lost interest?

Because the last time I looked, no-one ever got promoted from the brutal Championship with a team full of kids. So it's to flog them and build that "nest egg" isn't it?

"Never get too attached to players" - Steve Lansdown, quote unquote.

So long as that's clear.

So your question right back to you then. If it’s to build this ‘nest egg’ - to what end? Just self enrichment? Surely even Lansdown’s biggest critique would struggle to say the investment in City is about making out like a bandit. 

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

I replied “**** off you daft lying *** and take Sid with you”………..do you reckon he will receive it?

So, if Manning works out well, takes us forward, gets us promoted/has us genuinely competing for the top 6 places, playing more attacking football.....

What then..?

You'd like the Lansdowns to pack up & move off, selling up to some dubious foreign owner...?

I'm not saying it will happen - but it could.

I could understand this type of feeling if it were this time next season & we were struggling around the relegation places (gone notably backwards)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Believe the Championship is recognised as the fifth "best" league in Europe. 

I suppose it depends on which outlet is reporting. 

https://www.teamform.com/en/league-ranking/europe

As for the email, if JL han't sent out a Christmas email he would probably have been pilloried on here. As it is, its informative in a small way and harmless, with some of the small minded responses being pathetic. It would have been nice for him to have included some retrospective thanks to NP and his team, but thats all I can see wrong with it. Its just a Christmas email that other clubs will be doing, thats all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

So your question right back to you then. If it’s to build this ‘nest egg’ - to what end? Just self enrichment? Surely even Lansdown’s biggest critique would struggle to say the investment in City is about making out like a bandit. 

Just researching an upcoming holiday in Fuerteventura and found it

image.png.0bd36738ece2430d06fd268f15730e57.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

So, if Manning works out well, takes us forward, gets us promoted/has us genuinely competing for the top 6 places, playing more attacking football.....

What then..?

You'd like the Lansdowns to pack up & move off, selling up to some dubious foreign owner...?

I'm not saying it will happen - but it could.

I could understand this type of feeling if it were this time next season & we were struggling around the relegation places (gone notably backwards)

The serious post I made later tells you what I want to see. Sid replaced by someone who is more qualified. As I said Jon is being given his shot at it so thats that for a couple of years.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Henry said:

I’m disappointed. I was hoping for a handmade card, like the ones kids bring home from school, with random scribbles over it that you pretend you really like.

Print out the email, scribble on it then stick it on the fridge. It's what the baby Jesus would have wanted!

• Haha 2