IGNORED

Watford away match thread

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I have RTV sub, but watched the first 44 mins on soccer 10 stream - as I like to hear what the opposition commentators make of us.  They were good today (co-comm was Tommy Smith, their old winger), pretty complimentary.  Was refreshing.

Yep, that bloke who sits too near to the comms at home, needs moving on,

Watched the whole thing with Watford commentary. Smith was spot on with everything today. Let’s just say it was an upgrade on most Robins TV output.

• Like 4
39 minutes ago, littlered said:

Bit of disagreement on X on whether he's saying 'You don't fxxxing bounce when we're losing' or 'I'll fxxxing bounce when we do something'. Either way they've taken the video down and reposted an edited version - but not before someone saved a clip of it of course! 

@One Team is right I think . He said I’m not ******* bouncing . Good on him as well , it’s embarrassing . Let it die with the Johnson era 

• Like 6
  • Flames 1
27 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I thoroughly enjoyed the stream today, not least because I didn’t have to listen to that joker near the middle of the Dolman shouting “Get into ‘em!”, “Move!” and “Forward!” In strict rotation.

I've heard him too.

FORward!

Middle, towards the back of Dolman.

Annoying.

Edited by AppyDAZE
59 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The press was good / very good today.

Started off with Knight sitting on Livermore (4231), meaning they couldn’t play off of him, then once we realised he wasn’t offering anything we went back 442 and made life so uncomfortable for them.  Hoedt and Sierralta gave up countless passes.

How many balls did Williams intercept second half?  Seemed like hundreds!!!

There was very little passing for passing’s sake today and Friday.  Lots of purpose.

Very enjoyable.  I’m actually a tad disappointed we didn’t pump them 6 or 7.  That’s not a very common feeling.

Let’s hope Stoke ruin any crumb of confidence Brum have (2-0 down) ahead of Friday.

Well done LM and the rest of them tonight.

What's going on Fevs!?! First, you reveal you don't have spreadsheets for concerts! And now you're asking questions we rely on you for!

It's Christmas and I rely on you not being as lazy as me and coming up with cool stats! 

• Haha 2
28 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Don’t see anything wrong with this post at all WSM, though it still managed to land some stupid facepalm emojis, though one was totally unsurprising, considering their posts recently.

Like you and many others, I was incandescent when Nige was sacked, but said the new man deserves a clean slate, as it wasn’t him who did the sacking.  Early on, I had concerns he may be a one trick pony, for the same reason as you commented.  He came in and immediately changed our playing style to something we were completely unsuited to.  

The fact he’s realised the error and has taken us back to more like our game under NP, but with some tweaks to make us more forward thinking and dangerous around the opposition’s box is great and gives me a lot of confidence that he can be flexible and pragmatic, which can only be good for us.

Fair play to LM and today is easily his most impressive result so far, so I’m feeling far more optimistic than when he joined us.  

Today was a massive Christmas bonus for us and it’s a real shame there are still idiots attempting childish points scoring, just like we had under LJ.

I agree. That’s certainly what I see. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

What a great set of results against good sides. 

Agree, and we should definitely enjoy this run - the challenge will be when we face teams at the bottom (the ones we should beat) - will we turn up - too often in the past we have dropped points after wins against better teams - Only time will tell. 

Good demonstration of what is possible with this team against an "in form" team - Lets build and be better - looking forward to getting a few injured players back in the running for places. 

I don't want to come back with NP and Manning stuff but the same 9 games last year, we got 14 points.

This 9 games we got..14 points.

Got them from different games but the PPG remains identical.

Slightly a shade ahead of 40% win ratio, 1.4 PPG.

However the turnaround last 3 is excellent to see, and we are back on an even keel now PPG wise, hopefully with some upward momentum.

Credit where due to Manning and the team. Great to see Mehmeti and his revival too.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I don't want to come back with NP and Manning stuff but the same 9 games last year, we got 14 points.

However the turnaround last 3 is excellent to see, and we are back on an even keel now PPG wise, hopefully with some upward momentum.

Credit where due to Manning and the team. Great to see Mehmeti and his revival too.

Agree that lets give credit where its due and see how we fare in the next few games

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Just to point out this isn't a gloat or a dig at Watford or their fans but losing to us can make opposing managers quite sour it seems!

Granted nobody likes losing, I know I don't but losing to us can make opposing managers quite churlish.

Martin was chippy after a victory vs us, Rosenior last week was quite irritable, Dodds was a bit too.

Screenshot_20231226-193608_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9734f9a5b0a93bab3c5834c15be5421d.jpg

Condensed Version

We were shite

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

You keep saying stuff like this Mr Pops, but what the **** has last year got to do with this year? So much has changed (for all teams, not just us).

Why even look to compare? It’s completely pointless. 

Regardless of what’s gone on (didn’t agree with the NP sacking, and he’s my second favourite all time City manager behind Cotterill), but why can’t we just be content and hopeful that NP has put some brilliant foundations in place, and that LM can continue to build on those. 

3 wins in a row, over Christmas, absolutely unbelievable. Goals galore too which has been my concern for ages. 

Massive respect and thanks to both managers, COYRs.

• Like 8
1 minute ago, Kibs said:

You keep saying stuff like this Mr Pops, but what the **** has last year got to do with this year? So much has changed (for all teams, not just us).

Why even look to compare? It’s completely pointless. 

Regardless of what’s gone on (didn’t agree with the NP sacking, and he’s my second favourite all time City manager behind Cotterill), but why can’t we just be content and hopeful that NP has put some brilliant foundations in place, and that LM can continue to build on those. 

3 wins in a row, over Christmas, absolutely unbelievable. Goals galore too which has been my concern for ages. 

Massive respect and thanks to both managers, COYRs.

Well in fairness Kibs I was alarmed up to and including Blackburn away..there has been a major improvement, let's hope it pushes on now. All 3 wins had different characteristics too which is encouraging.

Yes agreed, great respect and thanks to both managers and their staff. COYR.

50 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Don’t see anything wrong with this post at all WSM, though it still managed to land some stupid facepalm emojis, though one was totally unsurprising, considering their posts recently.

Like you and many others, I was incandescent when Nige was sacked, but said the new man deserves a clean slate, as it wasn’t him who did the sacking.  Early on, I had concerns he may be a one trick pony, for the same reason as you commented.  He came in and immediately changed our playing style to something we were completely unsuited to.  

The fact he’s realised the error and has taken us back to more like our game under NP, but with some tweaks to make us more forward thinking and dangerous around the opposition’s box is great and gives me a lot of confidence that he can be flexible and pragmatic, which can only be good for us.

Fair play to LM and today is easily his most impressive result so far, so I’m feeling far more optimistic than when he joined us.  

Today was a massive Christmas bonus for us and it’s a real shame there are still idiots attempting childish points scoring, just like we had under LJ.

It's from the same people that always troll my posts. Despite being on my ignore list they still continue to quote me etc. 

Unfortunately they can't move on from their hatred of NP. I've seen lots of digs about Pearson on this forum today by people who just can't let it go. 

I might be a bit outspoken but I just say things how I see them. Some people don't like that. 

I remember having a conversation on here with someone and them telling me that I must blindly support Manning. I told them he'd need to earn that support as I had lots of concerns. 

From the moment he was linked with us my concern was that Manning ball would not suit our players. We saw that in his early games for us. Now after moving away from Manning ball and therefore calming my concerns  and playing to our strengths and winning 3 on the bounce, he has my support. 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Just to point out this isn't a gloat or a dig at Watford or their fans but losing to us can make opposing managers quite sour it seems!

Granted nobody likes losing, I know I don't but losing to us can make opposing managers quite churlish.

Martin was chippy after a victory vs us, Rosenior last week was quite irritable, Dodds was a bit too.

Screenshot_20231226-193608_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9734f9a5b0a93bab3c5834c15be5421d.jpg

I love the fact that opposition coaches never praise the opposition.  Its all "we this and we that ". 

We outplayed them. Simple

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

It's from the same people that always troll my posts. Despite being on my ignore list they still continue to quote me etc. 

Unfortunately they can't move on from their hatred of NP. I've seen lots of digs about Pearson on this forum today by people who just can't let it go. 

I might be a bit outspoken but I just say things how I see them. Some people don't like that. 

I remember having a conversation on here with someone and them telling me that I must blindly support Manning. I told them he'd need to earn that support as I had lots of concerns. 

From the moment he was linked with us my concern was that Manning ball would not suit our players. We saw that in his early games for us. Now after moving away from Manning ball and therefore calming my concerns  and playing to our strengths and winning 3 on the bounce, he has my support. 

Weirdly, the only concern you ever expressed was "but he got sacked by MK Dons" ×∞

Edited by transfer reader
  • Like 2
7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Well in fairness Kibs I was alarmed up to and including Blackburn away..there has been a major improvement, let's hope it pushes on now. All 3 wins had different characteristics too which is encouraging.

Yes agreed, great respect and thanks to both managers and their staff. COYR.

I get that Pops! But you’re comparing results from last season when there is:

Different squads

Different Managers 

Different injuries/suspensions

Teams are in different runs of form/momentum.

Its a completely pointless comparison IMO.

And no, I wasn’t alarmed before these 3 wins. It was similar to many runs we have gone on over the last few years.

And after 3 wins, I still don’t see us as playoff contenders, but I’m going to bloody enjoy it and I hope I’m wrong!! 😁

• Like 3
  • Robin 1