IGNORED

Watford away match thread

4 minutes ago, Kibs said:

I get that Pops! But you’re comparing results from last season when there is:

Different squads

Different Managers 

Different injuries/suspensions

Teams are in different runs of form/momentum.

Its a completely pointless comparison IMO.

And no, I wasn’t alarmed before these 3 wins. It was similar to many runs we have gone on over the last few years.

And after 3 wins, I still don’t see us as playoff contenders, but I’m going to bloody enjoy it and I hope I’m wrong!! 😁

I sort of get that Kibs but we had stability and a base..can be useful for tracking progress.

Do get it, albeit some of those we did drop points to were weaker than last year.

Yeah agreed, still a big leap albeit there could be a major scramble for one, maybe 2 places this year- time to enjoy the ride IMO.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Weirdly you're one of those ones thats on my ignore list yet despite me not replying to you 100s of times, you keep replying to me. 

Ah yes, that was a prime example of you not replying to me.

Also, if I was on your ignore list, you'd have to actively click to see my post, maybe try not doing thay if you have actually put me on ignore.

Have you tried moving on?

14 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

It's from the same people that always troll my posts. Despite being on my ignore list they still continue to quote me etc. 

Unfortunately they can't move on from their hatred of NP. I've seen lots of digs about Pearson on this forum today by people who just can't let it go. 

I might be a bit outspoken but I just say things how I see them. Some people don't like that. 

I remember having a conversation on here with someone and them telling me that I must blindly support Manning. I told them he'd need to earn that support as I had lots of concerns. 

From the moment he was linked with us my concern was that Manning ball would not suit our players. We saw that in his early games for us. Now after moving away from Manning ball and therefore calming my concerns  and playing to our strengths and winning 3 on the bounce, he has my support. 

Your lack of self awareness is funny. You’ve been relentless for weeks up until about 2 days ago and today you tell people you have moved on when they give a bit back.  

If people are on ignore then you shouldn’t be able to see their replies so not sure why you are replying to them.  

If you hadn’t been so incessant you wouldn’t be getting shit now.  

• Like 3
  • Flames 3
  • Robin 1
56 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

From the moment he was linked with us my concern was that Manning ball would not suit our players. We saw that in his early games for us. Now after moving away from Manning ball and therefore calming my concerns  and playing to our strengths and winning 3 on the bounce, he has my support. 

I like the beginning part of your post, and I actually love your passion for the club. I think we are actually fairly similar, but on this occasion we have opposing views so two people saying it how they think it is will rub. 

Anyway, could you build on the quote above? How did you see Manning ball pre Bristol City and why did you think it wouldn't suit our players? What is the difference in play between when he joined to what it is now? What are the differences in terms of patterns of play? 

Edited by Ghost Rider
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

It's from the same people that always troll my posts. Despite being on my ignore list they still continue to quote me etc. 

Unfortunately they can't move on from their hatred of NP. I've seen lots of digs about Pearson on this forum today by people who just can't let it go. 

I might be a bit outspoken but I just say things how I see them. Some people don't like that. 

I remember having a conversation on here with someone and them telling me that I must blindly support Manning. I told them he'd need to earn that support as I had lots of concerns. 

Not sure if on your ignore list, but quite happy to be

You have been very vocal over NP sacking and your displeasure at Manning, even saying in a post you don't like him and happily see him gone or words to that effect.

Rather than now just praising Manning you try and twist it that he has gone away from Manning ball and changed from the 1st few games, back towards NP style. The 1st game was QPR which was meaningless then games we played well in parts, including where we Could have been 3 -0 up at Southampton. The first games he wrongly played players out of position and learnt some lessons and accepted he perhaps overloaded them with information, but that does not nean he has gone away from a playing a style he is trying to implement. Of course there will be similarities to NP as he signed the players. Although Mehmeti has been given games and the undropable Bell dropped and even James today.

I was a Nige fan and gutted when he was sacked, but recognised there is a lot more to it than any on us know

Things beyond our control have changed and now we just have to enjoy the ride

• Like 3
  • Robin 1
10 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Your lack of self awareness is funny. You’ve been relentless for weeks up until about 2 days ago and today you tell people you have moved on when they give a bit back.  

If people are on ignore then you shouldn’t be able to see their replies so not sure why you are replying to them.  

It's exactly all this.

The relentlessness to be as negative as possible about LM and the incessant posting about him getting sacked by MK Dons (must have been at least 20 times) is the entire reason why I gave the "move on" response back.

Was the MK Dons sacking worth a mention when LM was first linked? Sure. Did it need to be mentioned every 10 minutes for the first week after he got linked? Absolutely not.

Also the false claims of hating NP.

Not sure I've made a critical post about NP, and wouldn't have sacked him had I been in charge. Something I've said since the day it happened.

Edited by transfer reader

Just watched the goals and it was an excellent performance.

Congratulations to LM and the team, two winnable games ahead, and it must be a long time since we won five on the bounce….no pressure then.

Top performance from Williams apparently which was nice to hear after leaving James on the bench.

16 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Fair play and nothing wrong with following your principles and having some passion.

I know it takes all types to make a forum, but there are definitely a few on here who seem to just revel in being annoying.

Don’t let the b*stards grind you down bud! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
Just now, Countryfile said:

Just watched the goals and it was an excellent performance.

Congratulations to LM and the team, two winnable games ahead, and it must be a long time since we won five on the bounce….no pressure then.

Top performance from Williams apparently which was nice to hear after leaving James on the bench.

Monkey No GIF by PG Tips

😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
16 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Have you ever tried being a comedian? 

If not you should be. 

Learn to enjoy wins mate 👍 

6 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Fair play and nothing wrong with following your principles and having some passion.

I know it takes all types to make a forum, but there are definitely a few on here who seem to just revel in being annoying.

Don’t let the b*stards grind you down bud! 

Thanks mate. 

Unfortunately some people don't understand that a forum is a place for all of us to share differing opinions. They seem to think it's a place where only one type of opinion is allowed which in my opinion is not healthy. 

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Do you not think you just replied to one?

Nope, but are you putting YOUR name forward as one???

It’s one thing when someone is an obvious wum, then they deserve everything they get.  What winds me up is when someone gets hounded just for having a genuine and heartfelt opinion.  

While our Seagull friend can get caught up in the emotion at times, there seems to be plenty of posts where they say absolutely nothing wrong, but they still get ripped into.

Bang out of order as far as I’m concerned and not what this forum should be about.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1
34 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Agreed, wsm is certainly not alone. Last week I seem to remember a few saying Manning get out of our club 😂😂

16 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Thanks mate. 

Unfortunately some people don't understand that a forum is a place for all of us to share differing opinions. They seem to think it's a place where only one type of opinion is allowed which in my opinion is not healthy. 

Actually the opposite seems to be the case.

You were criticised for slagging LM off repeatedly before he was even appointed, betraying your unwillingness to give him a fair chance.

No one has suggested opinions they don't agree with can't be posted, except you here complaining that people disagree with yourself.