IGNORED

Andi Weimann

Red Army 75

Veratile, real team player- proper professional. Sacrificed himself for the good of the team in some past times. Decent player too!

Very happy for Weimann..he gets some stick on here at times which is richly undeserved. His goal and plaudits for the landmark, very much deserved.

Not sure he was fully fit at times earlier in the season, Conway likewise but when you have such a thin squad..

• Like 5

He still has a thirst - never gave up on the ball - still had it all to do when he entered the box and controlled it.

Passed it past the keeper (like it was never in doubt) - Good to see him among the goals. 

He has had a fair amount of stick about form on here (no smoke without fire etc) but he has proven that he can still offer something if the chance arrives....

He will remain a firm favourite of mine in years to come - he has been involved in so many good moments - well done Andi!

• Like 9
  • Robin 1

57 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Just going back over the screenshots I took today during game!

This one, made me laugh @petehinton!

image.thumb.png.303d876f817a906334d46484cc03f63c.png

:laugh: - this post made me think - I loved Annis today (I mentioned elsewhere more so for his defensive performance!). I was commenting just a few weeks ago we need someone for the left forward position and that it should be a priority in Jan - I'm not saying we shouldn't be looking or that Twine wouldn't be a great signing, but in just a few performances from Annis it already feels a less pressing concern. I think the most exciting thing about it is it still feels like he can improve from where he is. 

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

You can reel off loads of top players & yet no one all the way back to Tom Ritchie has scored 50 league goals in the second tier or above for us until today.

He’s been a superb professional, complete team man & absolute bargain at £2m.

You don’t have to spend long thinking about some shite we have paid more for who haven’t given us a fraction back of what he has.

Big fan, delighted for him.

You do surprise me.

I am sure you are right, but I am amazed it has been so long and, for me, so unnoticed.

Not to mention all those perfectly good goals he scored under LJ which should have stood but were wrongfully ruled out for offside - about 10 - so rightfully he should be on more like 60. 
Top professional and I love the guy. Always gives 100% and I’m delighted for him getting his goal today.