IGNORED

Nige

1 minute ago, BCFC31 said:

Apologies for another nige post but I noticed the Instagram post from the club recapping 2023 didn't include one photo of nigel in it! For me that's really distasteful! I am fully behind manning and like most I can see the improvements made on the pitch but pearson had given manning a very good platform in which to build from. He handed over a very committed close knit group of players and put some really strong foundations in place when quite frankly the club was on its knees, it was a total mess after the johnson and ashton era he is right when he said in his interviews " people won't recognise what we have done until I'm gone " it's a shame the club doesn't seem to respect or acknowledge the hard work he put into turning this club around from the bottom up with out pearson mannings prospects here would look totally different. Anyway happy new year all ! 

It’s not the first time. When LJ replaced Cotts, the same thing happened. Almost like the managers they get rid of cease to exist once they’ve left. 

• Like 10
  • Robin 2

1 minute ago, BCFC31 said:

Apologies for another nige post but I noticed the Instagram post from the club recapping 2023 didn't include one photo of nigel in it! For me that's really distasteful! I am fully behind manning and like most I can see the improvements made on the pitch but pearson had given manning a very good platform in which to build from. He handed over a very committed close knit group of players and put some really strong foundations in place when quite frankly the club was on its knees, it was a total mess after the johnson and ashton era he is right when he said in his interviews " people won't recognise what we have done until I'm gone " it's a shame the club doesn't seem to respect or acknowledge the hard work he put into turning this club around from the bottom up with out pearson mannings prospects here would look totally different. Anyway happy new year all ! 

Didn’t something similar happen with Cotts?

My last word on this subject is to say what a cheap bunch of losers we have running our club.

This is one where the club don’t help themselves.

Including a picture or two of Nige who was manager for 10/12 of the year in a “year review” post would cost nothing, be sensible and had they done so, nobody would have commented. It wouldn’t have started a “we want NP back” movement which they maybe feared - but by omission, they’ve now drawn attention to their pettiness.

Clearly nobody at AG has heard of the Streisand effect.

• Like 18

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Get the impression although he is the ultimate financier, Jon Lansdown and Tinnion though of course SL can pull rank whenever.

The PR department of the club never help themselves or the image of the club though do they. How can you airbrush a manager that a large proportion of fans think should still be in charge. They really don't get it do they ?

• Like 12

Just now, Sir Geoff said:

The PR department of the club never help themselves or the image of the club though do they. How can you airbrush a manager that a large proportion of fans think should still be in charge. They really don't get it do they ?

Totally agree.

A good chunk of our PR, social media output is sketchy at best- they definitely don't get it.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

Apologies for another nige post but I noticed the Instagram post from the club recapping 2023 didn't include one photo of nigel in it! Yet manning is in there! Nigel managed this club for 10 months in 2023 for god sake. For me that's really distasteful! I am fully behind manning and like most I can see the improvements made on the pitch but pearson had given manning a very good platform in which to build from. He handed over a very committed close knit group of players and put some really strong foundations in place when quite frankly the club was on its knees, it was a total mess after the johnson and ashton era he is right when he said in his interviews " people won't recognise what we have done until I'm gone " it's a shame the club doesn't seem to respect or acknowledge the hard work he put into turning this club around from the bottom up with out pearson mannings prospects here would look totally different. Anyway happy new year all ! 

You can always give him a mention? I was going to include him in my 3 players

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Easy stick to beat them with but the truth is that the club probably no longer have a licence to use his image.

The truth is that club own the image rights of anyone in their employment or registered, covering the whole period of their employment/registration unless negotiated otherwise. That goes all the way down to Academy players.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

Apologies for another nige post but I noticed the Instagram post from the club recapping 2023 didn't include one photo of nigel in it! Yet manning is in there! Nigel managed this club for 10 months in 2023 for god sake. For me that's really distasteful! I am fully behind manning and like most I can see the improvements made on the pitch but pearson had given manning a very good platform in which to build from. He handed over a very committed close knit group of players and put some really strong foundations in place when quite frankly the club was on its knees, it was a total mess after the johnson and ashton era he is right when he said in his interviews " people won't recognise what we have done until I'm gone " it's a shame the club doesn't seem to respect or acknowledge the hard work he put into turning this club around from the bottom up with out pearson mannings prospects here would look totally different. Anyway happy new year all ! 

They're petty c.u.n.t.s and dead to me.

But we'll still be here long after they've funked off so Up the City and HNY to all real Reds everywhere!

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The truth is that club own the image rights of anyone in their employment or registered, covering the whole period of their employment/registration unless negotiated otherwise. That goes all the way down to Academy players.

Yes I wouldn't have thought imagine rights was an issue the club have loads of past players and managers up on the wall in the players tunnel for a start 

Yet another example of how disconnected the club are with the fans. 

A bit of humility would go a long way right now, but no, let’s pretend Nige wasn’t there for 10 months of the year and whitewash his achievements. 

To the earlier points Lansdown & Co do indeed have previous with Cotts, nigh on air brushing him from the double winning season. 

It must really be jarring for Lansdown to admit some of the managers he didn’t get on with actually achieved something. 

• Like 16

4 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

They're petty c.u.n.t.s and dead to me.

But we'll still be here long after they've funked off so Up the City and HNY to all real Reds everywhere!

It’s childish but completely expected. Nige joins a small list of managers, who had one thing in common, that have been cancelled by the club (ie the hierarchy).

For me it’s a case of support the manager/staff and the team and treat the hierarchy with the utter contempt they have brought upon themselves.

As long as we all remember none of this type of thing is Liam’s doing we’ll be fine.

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It’s childish but completely expected. Nige joins a small list of managers, who had one thing in common, that have been cancelled by the club (ie the hierarchy).

For me it’s a case of support the manager/staff and the team and treat the hierarchy with the utter contempt they have brought upon themselves.

As long as we all remember none of this type of thing is Liam’s doing we’ll be fine.

Precisely.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Yes this is they way I support the club now and did when pearson was here aswell the landowns have totally lost my respect.

• Like 10

25 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Easy stick to beat them with but the truth is that the club probably no longer have a licence to use his image.

When you sign for a club there is a separate form you also have to sign that transfers ownership of your image rights to the club. With top pro’s I would imagine that the wording is changed to allow the club free use of images with the player having ultimate ownership (eg Ronaldo would demand ownership of his image rights).

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

When you sign for a club there is a separate form you also have to sign that transfers ownership of your image rights to the club. With top pro’s I would imagine that the wording is changed to allow the club free use of images with the player having ultimate ownership (eg Ronaldo would demand ownership of his image rights).

Yes. 

There is no such standard contract for managers.

As you said in your other post.

Unless negotiated otherwise.

Events this year have shown to me that we are run by classless owners who don't miss an opportunity to disappoint whenever they're presented with a chance to show maturity and professionalism (and god forbid a chance to earn some resepct back from fans). Would it be too much for them to show a small level of appreciation and acknowledge Pearson's time here? Especially at this time of year. No, not surprised at all by the way they continue to behave. 

Edited by Loco Rojo
  • Like 12