IGNORED

Jon and Brian - Time to Shine Boys

Numero Uno

22 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Couldn’t agree less with respect. The two at the top HAVE to take responsibility and if they don’t then fans sitting back and doing **** all will have one ending.

For me, this is nothing to do with Manning UNTIL he is given the tools. If he doesn’t perform then he has to be accountable at that point.

He was given the tools....a top 6 squad, and he's messing it up big time.

• Facepalm 1

Just now, Sir Geoff said:

He was given the tools....a top 6 squad, and he's messing it up big time.

You know that’s bollocks (you would have to be spectacularly unaware of what a top 6 squad looks like and I don’t believe you are tbh) and this is my point. Don’t blame the wrong people. The very top have to deliver now.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Your right it isn't the problem but it WAS. 

At Cardiff we had Sykes at right back (tanner injured), played Pring at centre back (Vyner and Atkinson injured) and played a 17 year old at left back because Pring had to play out of position.

We lost 2-0 and the manager was sacked.

Bastards.

And played bl**dy well.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Couldn’t agree less with respect. The two at the top HAVE to take responsibility and if they don’t then fans sitting back and doing **** all will have one ending.

For me, this is nothing to do with Manning UNTIL he is given the tools. If he doesn’t perform then he has to be accountable at that point.

All the former criticism of JL and BT had died down but has all of a sudden reappeared on the back of one poor performance at Deepdale.

Sure City weren’t at the races today but that’s not the only time that’s happened - it happened plenty of times under Nige and every other previous manager. 

Possibly the live West Ham replay effected the player’s subconsciously, not wanting to get injured etc etc….who knows?

Lets see what happens Tuesday evening.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 2

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

You know that’s bollocks (you would have to be spectacularly unaware of what a top 6 squad looks like and I don’t believe you are tbh) and this is my point. Don’t blame the wrong people. The very top have to deliver now.

I am blaming the idiots at the top.

My post was irony.

• Like 1

So the vast majority of the frustration is rightly towards the owners of the club, but it has to be said that Manning isn’t pulling up any trees as a coach either. He may have his principles but the football since he has taken over has mainly been dull and ineffective. That’s as damning you can get for anything that claims to be “entertainment” and results-driven.

Edited by Dr Balls
  • Like 1

Just now, Robbored said:

All the former criticism of JL and BT had died down but has all of a sudden reappeared on the back of one poor performance at Deepdale.

Sure City weren’t at the races today but that’s not the only time that’s happened - it happened plenty of times under Nige and every other previous manager. 

Possibly the live West Ham replay effected the player’s subconsciously, not wanting to get injured etc etc….who knows?

May have died down from some. But until they deliver what they sound bite I won’t give them a free ride. When I see people blaming the manager and the two clowns in charge get a free ride it needs to be pointed out. Couldn’t care less if we stick 5 past West Ham in the first twenty minutes, we are 14th in the Championship and haven’t scored in three. That’s our bread and butter. Beat West Ham, get done by Forest and finish 15th in the league….doesn’t get any better than that.

• Like 10
  • Flames 2

37 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I do. It’s facts. Pearson and Manning are producing similar points per game and it’s no criticism of either of them. The squad is mediocre at the level and the same issues in breaking teams down have been there for years, whoever is fit.

Anyone who thinks all we need is yet ANOTHER manager is living in Cloud Cuckoo Land.

It would he insane for anyone to suggest we need a new manager it's the squad of players our team is no where near a playoff side 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

I am blaming the idiots at the top.

My post was irony.

I get that but not everyone is. I can see posters who talk about Nige coming back (get real) or want (but don’t want to say it outright just yet) these idiots to sack Manning and pick another manager!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Can I remind you that you posted this thread around a week ago:

And within that thread you stated:

However these days I won’t be too bothered if City lose on Sunday as for me the FA Cup has lost much of its prestige

Put bluntly buttercup, you can’t make a comment of “let’s see how they are Tuesday” as an excuse for today and be happy with it considering the above.

In the words of Mike Skinner “It’s hard enough to remember my opinions without having to remember my reasons for them”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Let’s see what happens Tuesday evening.

It isn’t one poor performance thought is it. It’s 7 years of absolute shit dished up by the clowns at the top. 

They will play well Tuesday. They will lose but it will be a honourable defeat - but then they will be shit on Saturday in a game that actually matters 

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

May have died down from some. But until they deliver what they sound bite I won’t give them a free ride. When I see people blaming the manager and the two clowns in charge get a free ride it needs to be pointed out. Couldn’t care less if we stick 5 past West Ham in the first twenty minutes, we are 14th in the Championship and haven’t scored in three. That’s our bread and butter. Beat West Ham, get done by Forest and finish 15th in the league….doesn’t get any better than that.

Spot on 

The FA Cup nonsense is the perfect distraction for those cretins at the top 

The reality is we are a club with no direction.

Weaklings at every level 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

We haven't scored a single goal in 3 games...

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Spot on 

The FA Cup nonsense is the perfect distraction for those cretins at the top 

The reality is we are a club with no direction.

Weaklings at every level 

No direction is the key point. Doesn’t matter what you are managing, football club, a big business or whatever, if the very top don’t know what they are trying to achieve and how to get there the management of it becomes very difficult if not impossible.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Can I remind you that you posted this thread around a week ago:

And within that thread you stated:

However these days I won’t be too bothered if City lose on Sunday as for me the FA Cup has lost much of its prestige

Put bluntly buttercup, you can’t make a comment of “let’s see how they are Tuesday” as an excuse for today and be happy with it considering the above.

By which I still stand - had City lost at West Ham I wouldn’t have been too bothered. We now have a PL team at AG and an opportunity to see PL players in action - I remembered to get my ticket this time unlike the Man City game when I left it too late………

11 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

No direction is the key point. Doesn’t matter what you are managing, football club, a big business or whatever, if the very top don’t know what they are trying to achieve and how to get there the management of it becomes very difficult if not impossible.

Always been the biggest problem for me. The lack of football knowledge has impacted this massively . If they don’t know the game then how can they implement a playing style throughout the club . Look at Swansea of 10-15 years ago . They had an owner who knew how he wanted to play . They played their style , recruited to it with players & managers . Nothing changed until he sold the club . Can you really believe the two muppets we have  said after NP was sacked that now we have a playing philosophy 😂 it’s taken over twenty ******* years . Plus it was the philosophy of a manager they’d just sacked .

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

This manager is actually getting far less from the squad, style wise. We are now so boring to watch.

Post of the day for me, not surprising it’s got so many likes already. Lansdown will keep flogging this horse though, no way he will admit failure with the decision. 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Always been the biggest problem for me. The lack of football knowledge has impacted this massively . If they don’t know the game then how can they implement a playing style throughout the club . Look at Swansea of 10-15 years ago . They had an owner who knew how he wanted to play . They played their style , recruited to it with players & managers . Nothing changed until he sold the club . Can you really believe the two muppets we have  said after NP was sacked that now we have a playing philosophy 😂 it’s taken over twenty ******* years . Plus it was the philosophy of a manager they’d just sacked .

It’s so easy to cut through the bluster. Our recruitment and therefore playing style for three years has been dictated wholly by budgets and FFFP and don’t tell me this has been the playing style adopted throughout the club!! What was our playing style today or at home to Millwall? Philosophy is not something you can change in five minutes.

Nothing but sound bites from the top I’m afraid. All fur coat and no knickers is an old fashioned way of describing it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, One Team said:

Post of the day for me, not surprising it’s got so many likes already. Lansdown will keep flogging this horse though, no way he will admit failure with the decision. 

……so you want Jon and Sid to pick another manager?😂😂

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Yep.

And boy are there some gullible fans too!

There has to be. In “real” football cities (you know what I mean) they would never get away with it. As it is the top of the club are bomb proof because as we all know by now you need to be “careful what you wish for”………

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

By which I still stand - had City lost at West Ham I wouldn’t have been too bothered. We now have a PL team at AG and an opportunity to see PL players in action - I remembered to get my ticket this time unlike the Man City game when I left it too late………

And will you blow kisses to Jon and Steve as they survey a full stadium thinking how well things are going? 

The clubs a mess and the buck stops at the top, but they're too blind to see it.

We all like to see Prem clubs here with their star players but I would prefer it was a league game!

• Like 1

Just now, Galley is our king said:

Yes, just a pity that wasn't recognised before they sacked Nige.

……..which is why it is now their turn to take responsibility. They won’t care if the fans are on Mannings back, as long as they are alright and fronting the next press conference to tell us what the manager after him is going to bring.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

We’ve been here before Numero Uno - it’s been done to death and now needs to be let go.

All we can do is get behind and support Manning 

You can support the manager but I’m ****** if I’ll let the idiots running the club any support 

• Like 3