IGNORED

Jon and Brian - Time to Shine Boys

Numero Uno

8 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It’s so easy to cut through the bluster. Our recruitment and therefore playing style for three years has been dictated wholly by budgets and FFFP and don’t tell me this has been the playing style adopted throughout the club!! What was our playing style today or at home to Millwall? Philosophy is not something you can change in five minutes.

Nothing but sound bites from the top I’m afraid. All fur coat and no knickers is an old fashioned way of describing it.

Too true . Just trying to pull the wool over some fans eyes who’s happy to have a nice ground to sit in . 

Probably the most frustrating thing is the years wasted. Now , no team has a divine right to be in the prem so I’m not saying we would have got there. However , he’s spent north of £200m I think. If that money had been spent (or probably less) with a sound & structured scouting network , playing philosophy & consistent decision making by a trusted body of football people , then we would imo of had at least a tilt of the play offs consistently . Rather than , let’s be honest a one season built on the momentum of a promotion season. 

It’s ok that he doesn’t know much about the game as long as you seek the best advise. He never has. For the money he’s spent his legacy is failure imo . 

• Like 7
  • Flames 3

Pearson bought footballing credibility to our club and a sense of identity building.

That’s been pissed up the wall and now we have a thrusting young coach bursting with yesterday’s ideas. 
I still feel that we will need a miraculous set of circumstances for us to trouble the top six let alone a promotion with the weakness of our leadership. 

• Like 13
  • Flames 4

8 minutes ago, tts_city said:

Its Steves club and Crayolas plaything, I have never felt more detached from it in the forty years i have supported city.

I feel the same but keep renewing my season ticket , but im missing more games each season & finding excuses to do so . I text my mate news year day & asked . You going today mate ? He said. No, taking the Christmas tree down 😂 I’m completely ****** off with the lansdowns . 
it’s a age thing as well but I’d love to relive the Terry cooper days again rather than this shit . 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Felt like the culture of the club was slowly changing under Pearson and finally the majority of the fanbase were onboard with it. Now we’ve torn it all up and gone back to trying something different again, a manager the hierarchy can manipulate and the fans are back to being frustrated and detached from the club again. Thanks Steve, Jon and Tinnion!! 😡

• Like 11

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

I feel the same but keep renewing my season ticket , but im missing more games each season & finding excuses to do so . I text my mate news year day & asked . You going today mate ? He said. No, taking the Christmas tree down 😂 I’m completely ****** off with the lansdowns . 
it’s a age thing as well but I’d love to relive the Terry cooper days again rather than this shit . 

Ill get a membership next season.

Less and less inclined to actually go into the ground matchday.

2 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Ill get a membership next season.

Less and less inclined to actually go into the ground matchday.

I feel much the same. My matchday experience consists of watching the game only. Circumstances dictate no drink before or after so it's all about the football. For years now I've been getting more and more bored with the modern game and not just City. If its cold or raining now it's a good excuse not to go. 

Yes I know I'm old and miserable but there's not much excitement on offer at AG now. Will I get a season ticket next year?  If I had to decide now it would be no, but............

A trend that’s really annoying me is the regular “likes” and RT’s on X by BT of anything related to Bournemouth and our former players.  Yes, good luck to them of course but it’s water under the bridge now.

Different times and a long way back of course but if we had sold Gow, Merrick, Tainton and Tom Ritchie to the Bournemouth equivalent of that time we would not have made it then to the top flight.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

I'm done with Manning already...I find him the most irritating bloke to listen to. He may turn out to be a coaching genius...But..I just can't warm to him. He sounds like JLs and Tins love child...with a massive smattering of LJ. 

Worse than LJ tbh. 

He can stick his bloody 'behaviours' up his arse...5 times mentioned today FFS, in a couple minutes. It's sooooo grating. 

It's epic bullshit coaching bingo lingo. 

Can't stand it. 

How the **** can you be motivated listening to that bullshit everyday. 

With the ' leaders' at the club departing soon, or going sideways ...James, Weimann, Wells, King, what are you left with?

Never felt so disappointed with this club and slowly losing interest. 

I really want the Lansdowns out now. 

Time to gamble with someone else in power. 

Christ, what a spoilt little brat you sound. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 4

38 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

rich robin hood GIF

I’m sure the duo have a masterful plan ready to go. 

34 minutes ago, tts_city said:

Its Steves club and Crayolas plaything, I have never felt more detached from it in the forty years i have supported city.

As the song goes, We`re on the road to no-where, and will continue to be, until our current leaders...do one.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Bloody long post.

To save anyone reading until the end, spoiler- it’s bullshit.

If you don't want to read it then fine

To save anyone reading until the end - spot on, no better off now than we were with pearson

1 minute ago, Graham76 said:

Manning took the job, he bought into the Tinnion and JL's empty promises. He should be accountable too.   

And when the pick the next manager we hold him accountable and when the pick the one after we hold them accountable and when they pick the one after that we hold them accountable. Do you see the problem(s)?

• Like 6

"we`ll have to respond on Tuesday" wtf we arent going to win the cup I am waiting for us to hit the top six as JL said what are you going to do about that Mr Manning? are we building again in the summer or are we remotely interested in now this window, this season or (this is more likely) do we go again next season................its always next season ffs.Tired King Of Queens GIF by TV Land

Edited by mason
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, frenchred said:

If you don't want to read it then fine

To save anyone reading until the end - spot on, no better off now than we were with pearson

I actually meant that the bullshit was coming from JL & Tinnion but appreciate now that didn’t come across.

Too late to go back to Pearson (& I was a much bigger fan than most).

Up to Manning now to do the best with what he’s given.

• Like 1

Just now, Numero Uno said:

And when the pick the next manager we hold him accountable and when the pick the one after we hold them accountable and when they pick the one after that we hold them accountable. Do you see the problem(s)?

I see what you are saying, but no one forced Manning to take the job, he knew what we was walking into. When the two idiots suggested we should be top 10 or top 6 he must have agreed with them.  He needs to take some accountability too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

This manager is actually getting far less from the squad, style wise. We are now so boring to watch.

Were we that entertaining under Pearson? No is the answer. Fact is both him and Manning had/have a poor squad to work with.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

They just cant get it right, perhaps they are annoyed with themselves too? While they are sat sipping cocktails in bermuda obviously 

• Haha 1

Until we sort out our  "Wet Fart' of an attack and midfield...we are going nowhere.  Manning needs to recruit an attacker and a midfielder to shake up our stale shadow of a side, if he fails to achieve that, we have absolutely no chance of finishing in the top ten.  While i fully appreciate the difficulties in the present window............if we choose not to recruit, this season will be a right off IMHO.